Election Result Summaries

edited February 2016 in World Library
So I put together a summary of all the election results found in Politics in the attached text docs. Just the in game date with results of the elections, sorted by org, guild, and position. There's a few interesting things I noted just skimming this though. 

There's a gap between around 125CE and 200CE where guild election results were not being posted to Politics, and if Hartstone News is an indicator, not to the guild news either. There is an exception with the Ur'Guard though, whose were posted, but Magnagora's CL election were not posted, unlike the other Org CL elections during that period.  

I want to try and compile stats on individual people's political careers, but I need a way to reliably pick their name out of the mess of people's titles and I'm not sure how to do that off hand without manually compiling a huge list by hand.  If anybody has an idea how, or better, already has a mudlet function to do that, I'd love to hear it. 

I did figure out that @Rivius likely had the longest single run as a GC at about 84 years followed by @Shuyin at 77 as Illuminati GC. I'm pretty sure @Xenthos holds the record for GM at over 200 years and still going. @Celina has been GC of every Glom guild at least once (and won Shadowdancer 5 times), + Pyro GC. Might be a record? 

Funny side note, I spent a awhile trying to figure out a bug with my scan because I couldn't understand how @Morkarion was elected Ebonguard GC, and then the next election Karlach is getting replaced. And Morkarion doesn't exist anymore??? I blame him for confusing me by not sticking with that weird ascendant naming convention that happened

I'm thinking about publishing an in game book with the Hartstone history after seeing what I can learn about that missing 75 years by reading new posts during that time. 

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited February 2016
    This is cool info!

I didn't get credit for Templar GC or Geomancer/Nihilist GC. Someone is trying to erase me from history, Ieptix.
  • This is all very fascinating. Thanks for putting it together!
  • Very neat!
  • Oh sweet!! Thanks for compiling this, this is awesome!

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I only had Scabbers for 25 years :(
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tahtetso GM:

12 Kla 265: Vacant ==> Brother Sherazik Ama'nar'isil
     7 Kla 266: Grandmaster Sherazik Ama'nar'isil ==> Abbot Havastus Ama'nar'isil Enn

Well, someone just wanted GR19.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Hey so I can do summaries for individual people now as well. Technically no new data here, but still neat I think. I may or may not keep working on scripts for this to try and estimate when people vacated a position, and generate some interesting comparisons like, most elections won, total time as an elected official, who held all 3 positions in 1 guild, or whatever. 

Here's a couple of people's summaries who were in a lot of elections, but let me know if there's anybody you'd like to see

Summary for @Celina
    23 Jul 227: Cacophony Guildmaster : Replaced Sthai Oubliette, Clockwork Amaranth
    24 Ave 231: Cacophony Guildmaster : Lost to Iorden d'Murani
     7 Sha 256: Blacktalon Champion : Replaced Vacant
     1 Url 270: Harbingers Guildmaster : Replaced Lord Gremly Inseira, the Silent Conductor
    11 Roa 271: Harbingers Guildmaster : Lost to Talan Ysav'rai
     6 Ave 272: Harbingers Champion : Replaced Vacant
    23 Sha 290: Nekotai Champion : Replaced Coyoto
     2 Tza 294: Nekotai Champion : Lost to Lerad Ysav'rai
    16 Jul 317: Ebonguard Champion : Replaced Vacant
    14 Tza 323: Shadowdancers Champion : Replaced Vacant
    11 Jul 326: Shadowdancers Champion : Retained office
    10 Jul 335: Shadowdancers Guildmaster : Replaced Vacant
    14 Kia 344: Shadowdancers Champion : Replaced Vacant
    19 Jul 355: Shadowdancers Champion : Lost to Seer Nihta Nightshade, Heiress of Darkness
    23 Dio 381: Shadowdancers Champion : Replaced Vacant
    24 Kia 409: Shadowdancers Champion : Replaced Vacant
     5 Jul 428: Pyromancers Champion : Replaced High Priest Viynain Erid'in

Summary for @Ethelon
     6 Sha 105: Celestines Champion : Replaced Dumihru
     1 Kia 107: Celestines Champion : Retained office
    24 Roa 108: Celestines Champion : Lost to Lady Elaria, Wings of Shakiniel
    11 Kla 110: Celestines Champion : Replaced Baroness Elaria, Wings of Shakiniel
     5 Jul 170: Ur'guard Champion : Replaced Kalas Ildaudid
    15 Kia 187: Ur'guard Champion : Lost to Dreadlord Murphy, Ur'Tormentor
    23 Kla 210: Nihilists Champion : Replaced Vacant
    22 Jul 221: Nihilists Champion : Lost to Seditionist Romero, Scion of Hatred
     8 Kla 230: Cacophony Champion : Replaced Vacant
     9 Tza 237: Ur'guard Champion : Replaced Death Marshal Haiden, The Queen's Own Torturer
    14 Dva 241: Ur'guard Champion : Lost to Ur'Lord Thoros d'Murani, Scythe of The Red Masque
    11 Dva 254: Ur'guard Champion : Replaced Executioner Jozen
     5 Jul 261: Ur'guard Champion : Retained office
     2 Ave 302: Nihilists Champion : Replaced Fillin Valtyros
    23 Kla 307: Nihilists Champion : Lost to Lord Silvanus d'Murani
    18 Est 315: Minstrels Champion : Replaced Vacant
    10 Ave 326: Ninjakari Champion : Replaced Vacant
     6 Est 336: Geomancers Champion : Replaced Vacant

Summary for @Silvanus
     4 Dio 215: Geomancers Champion : Replaced Melville d'Murani
    15 Sha 229: Geomancers Champion : Lost to Apprentice Ceren Valtyros
    23 Kla 307: Nihilists Champion : Replaced Fist of Luciphage, Ethelon a'Ishial, Harbinger of the Devourer
     7 Dio 326: Magnagora Magistrate : Replaced Leolamins d'Murani
     1 Dva 340: Magnagora Duke : Replaced Kyoodai Donovain n'Lochli, Apprentice of the Way
     1 Ave 347: Magnagora Magistrate : Retained office
    23 Kla 351: Magnagora Magistrate : Lost to Deathlord Daevos Feyranti, the Dragon of Midnight
     2 Ves 358: Nihilists Champion : Replaced Ur'Lord Thoros Feyranti, the Scythe of The Mask
     7 Url 374: Cacophony Champion : Replaced Estwald
     6 Dva 385: Magnagora Emperor : Replaced Vacant
     4 Est 402: Magnagora Magistrate : Lost to Ur'Marshal Marcella n'Lochli, Loremaster of the Tower
    15 Roa 407: Magnagora Warlord : Replaced a small shrubbery
    15 Roa 418: Magnagora Empress : Lost to Her Nocturne Solange n'Lochli, Omen of Eventide
     1 Tza 427: Harbingers Champion : Replaced Vacant

Summary for @Eritheyl
    21 Kla 269: Spiritsingers Guildmaster : Replaced Vacant
     4 Est 279: Spiritsingers Guildmaster : Lost to Mirami Wolfsong
     6 Tza 292: Hartstone Administrator : Replaced Vacant
    23 Dva 307: Institute Administrator : Replaced Execumatrix Magnificus Orventa T. Onz'Verheu
     9 Ves 314: Institute Administrator : Lost to Amanuensis Lorus Skyplume, FIS
     9 Est 315: Symphonium Administrator : Replaced Vacant
    25 Dva 317: Symphonium Administrator : Replaced Vacant
     1 Kla 330: Hallifax Magistrate : Replaced Khydan Shevat
    23 Jul 336: Hallifax Magistrate : Lost to Emeritus Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems
    10 Ave 337: Symphonium Administrator : Replaced Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason
    20 Dva 341: Cantors Champion : Replaced Vacant
    12 Roa 371: Minstrels Guildmaster : Replaced Resinous Priestess Persayis Dreyriandi, Moth-ridden Monger
    23 Ave 377: Minstrels Administrator : Replaced Vacant
    20 Ave 407: Minstrels Administrator : Replaced Vacant
     2 Kia 410: Minstrels Administrator : Lost to Brawler Silea Damascene, Inebriated Instigator
     1 Kla 419: Ninjakari Administrator : Replaced Tentateur Serpent Sakaki d'Murani, Sohei of 
    Despondent Faith
    22 Dva 432: Minstrels Administrator : Replaced Vacant

I only looked at like 7-8 people who had the most elections so it's possible somebody with less total elections might beat some of these but unlikely.

So Celina, Ethelon, Eritheyl, and Astraea are all tied with 13 recorded election victories. Shric wins with 14 recorded election victories though. 

Celina holds the most number of different positions held at 9. 

Ethelon has the most recorded different guild Champions at 7, just ahead of Celina's 6. Question is does Ethelon also have any unrecorded Champion positions to match. :o

Eritheyl's been elected in 5 different orgs, only missing Glomdoring.
  • Aw, I've been Hartstone GA and GC at least twice from memory :P
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Yea, adding my thanks for this, Lehki. I didn't realize I started playing so (relatively) soon after Glomdoring's birth! 

Also holy crap, @Xenthos really has been GM forever.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Although, I'm confused about this, re:Glomdoring CL:

10 Dva 223: Brother Ryleth Ysav'rai, Custodian of Nil ==> Astraea Nightshade

Why would he have a Magnagoran title while still holding the Glom CL position?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Shaddus said:
    Tahtetso GM:

12 Kla 265: Vacant ==> Brother Sherazik Ama'nar'isil
     7 Kla 266: Grandmaster Sherazik Ama'nar'isil ==> Abbot Havastus Ama'nar'isil Enn

Well, someone just wanted GR19.

I remember that... Sherazik ended up not wanting the position in the end, and then resigned. I can't remember if I ran in that election and lost to him or not, but I was PISSED at him getting elected and then resigning immediately afterwards.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    #worlddomination
  • It is a bit sad that some of the data are missing. I remember Lyren, then Ayita, then Yurika becoming Guildmasters of the Celestines when I started out with my first character. Then there was Clise who was also who held Guild Administrator for a time. I wonder why there was a void in the years where these records were not shown
  • Some of my leader stuff is gone. :( 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Rancoura said:
    Although, I'm confused about this, re:Glomdoring CL:

10 Dva 223: Brother Ryleth Ysav'rai, Custodian of Nil ==> Astraea Nightshade

Why would he have a Magnagoran title while still holding the Glom CL position?
    That is weird. I double checked to see if I messed something up, but that's what the news post says. 

POLITICS NEWS #1181
    Date: 11/23/2008 at 20:55
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Election #30877 Results

Astraea Nightshade has just replaced Brother Ryleth Ysav'rai, Custodian of Nil as Dark Marshall of Glomdoring.

I guess it makes sense he lost if he was walking around with that title in Glom. Maybe you can find some posts around that time in the Glom news of somebody calling him on it. :P
  • Are the titles captured at the time of posting? Or do they link dynamically from the person's current honors?
  • They're captured at the time of posting, not dynamically.

• Good info Lehki!
    Can definitely see which guilds/orgs get the most political drama.
  • I was the first GM of the Sentinels?

I thought I was the second or third for some reason.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Llesvelt said:
    I was the first GM of the Sentinels?

I thought I was the second or third for some reason.
    You were. Casilu preceded you iirc.

Not sure who the founder was, hm.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Sentinel founders were Casilu (GM), Yurika (GA) and Geb (GC).

(also, hi again, @Llesvelt)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Score one for the old memory banks, aww yiss.  B-)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Yeah I got the feeling that for most or all guilds, at least the first officials aren't getting posted, 'cus there's a couple cases of the first recorded election for a position is somebody getting replaced. 

I'm guessing they don't always have the election posting system up and running when stuff is first released. Or perhaps the gods appointed the first set of leaders before letting go of the reigns so there was no official election. Is that a thing they ever did?
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Lehki said:

Eritheyl's been elected in 5 different orgs, only missing Glomdoring.
    I have had a problem
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited March 2016
    Lehki said:
    Yeah I got the feeling that for most or all guilds, at least the first officials aren't getting posted, 'cus there's a couple cases of the first recorded election for a position is somebody getting replaced. 

I'm guessing they don't always have the election posting system up and running when stuff is first released. Or perhaps the gods appointed the first set of leaders before letting go of the reigns so there was no official election. Is that a thing they ever did?
    The first guild leaders were picked by their Patrons, and I'm almost certain that the politics news did not originally track elections. There are a couple early announce posts in which Estarra discusses picking the first guild leaders and who was chosen.

Edit: To clarify, I mean the first guild leaders of the original nine guilds. I do not know how the subsequent guild leaders were picked, although it may be detailed on later announce posts. Viravain probably picked the first Glom guild leaders.
  • Wow that brings back some old memories!

I was Moondancer GC at one stage, but seems it wasn't recorded :(

• edited March 2016
    Somebody asked me for the code I used to scan the news so, here's a mudlet package for it.

None of this is commented and trigger/alias titles probably aren't the most descriptive, so, sorry about that. D:
  • edited April 2016
    Looking at this, it seems Inagin La'Saet had the longest run as GC out of anyone (Paladins, 87 years).