Language Rules

I'd like to remind everyone of Forum Rule #8 which says:

8. Watch your language. This is self-explanatory. If you're not sure whether the swearing you're about to do violates this rule, just assume it does. Profanity includes the most minor to the most vulgar, and modified swear words may still constitute swearing.

We have been a little lax in enforcement of this rule recently but things have gotten a little out of hand. Please remember that we allow players as young as age 13 and that our language use should reflect that environment. I've seen an awful lot of unnecessary curses, especially the F-bomb, and in the future will raise the warning levels of those players who violate this rule.

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Some people have a potty mouth
  • Sorry... :S I'll do better next time.

• Fiddlesticks
  • ?????????????????????????

is that a dota joke
  • It's a League of Legends joke.
  • So... Kinda.

• Same thing
  • League is better while Dota sucks.
  • Zvoltz said:

8. Watch your language. This is self-explanatory. If you're not sure whether the swearing you're about to do violates this rule, just assume it does. Profanity includes the most minor to the most vulgar, and modified swear words may still constitute swearing.

We have been a little lax in enforcement of this rule recently but things have gotten a little out of hand. Please remember that we allow players as young as age 13 and that our language use should reflect that environment. I've seen an awful lot of unnecessary curses, especially the F-bomb, and in the future will raise the warning levels of those players who violate this rule.

Might want to remove this emote then

Seksay

"Damn I'm a seksay bitch!" you say.

🌈💕✨💖

• edited September 2016
    Ialie said:
    Zvoltz said:

Might want to remove this emote then

Seksay

"Damn I'm a seksay bitch!" you say.
    No offense meant, but if you think that is bad, some of the shade that has previously been thrown between/about enemy divine would make your head explode.  Just sayin'.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Also worth mentioning that the language rules for in-game are different than the forum language rules.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    According to a question I asked the admin for clarification, the c-word is fine on in-game IC aethers.  I can't see it being okay on the forums.  There is definitely a difference in rules between the two environments.
  • Xenthos said:
    According to a question I asked the admin for clarification, the c-word is fine on in-game IC aethers.  I can't see it being okay on the forums.  There is definitely a difference in rules between the two environments.
    Specific in-game aethers, like a clan. You would most likely get punished if you said that c-word on CT.

• I am also not really concerned with the incidental use of the word "bitch". The problem is when I see it every third post in a thread or when we're getting real vulgar with it. Your safest bet is too avoid cursing, but I've got better things to do than language police every post.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited September 2016
    Zvoltz said:
    Xenthos said:
    Specific in-game aethers, like a clan. You would most likely get punished if you said that c-word on CT.
    Edit: Editing because I received an answer.  Thank you!
  • In a game with such a rich lore as Lusternia, I think if you're resulting to c's, f's or even b's the problem is more likely to be the individual's imagination and ability to RP than anything going on in the situation.

My daughter recently did an exercise in Shakespearean insults. He'd cry at current profanity, and not because of the crassness.