What are you listening to at the moment?

Let's enrich each other's musical repertoire.

Comments

• We'll see if I got this to work.

• This, and more Lana Del Rey.
  • Tristanna said:
    We'll see if I got this to work.

This is amazing.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    The birthday massacre - leaving tonight

Don't let the name fool you, it's not too dark. (Can't link youtube stuff because my countries copyright stuff cripples youtube severely when it comes to music).
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Watching her play makes me cringe, because she sacrifices violin technique for dancing.  But I'm loving Lindsey Stirling's Radioactive cover with Pentatonix right now.

Also, listening to a lot of guzheng and bamboo flute music.

• Podcasts, yo. I've been tearing apart Dan Carlin's Hardcore History podcast. His Blueprints for Armageddon series is some of the greatest in-depth historical analysis that I've ever heard.

• This album is perfection.

7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2016
    This is music from 1976 and predates the idea of video game music, but I'll be damned if it couldn't be the soundtrack to a modern indie RPG or something. Zelda's Lullaby even makes a cameo at about 12:30 in this particular video, about 15 years ahead of Link to the Past. :D

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Daraius said:
    This is music from 1976 and predates the idea of video game music, but I'll be damned if it couldn't be the soundtrack to a modern indie RPG or something. Zelda's Lullaby even makes a cameo at about 12:30 in this particular video, about 15 years ahead of Link to the Past. :D

20 seconds in and I'm already liking it quite a bit. There's a certain ELP vibe to it.
  • edited March 2016
    A Yann Tiersen playlist. He's one of my favourite composers. I especially like the piano version of La valse d'amélie (with Amélie being my favourite movie :) ).

• edited February 2019
    -
  • Vivet said:
    20 seconds in and I'm already liking it quite a bit. There's a certain ELP vibe to it.
    RIP Keith Emerson. :C

What I'm listening to now:

(Also RIP Piotr Grudzinski, who was the Riverside guitarist :C)
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited March 2016

Anyone that can recommend any artists that do classical music fused into techno/electronic/edm? My Google fu is failing me.
  • I've been listening to Halsey.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Tarkenton said:
    Anyone that can recommend any artists that do classical music fused into techno/electronic/edm? My Google fu is failing me.
    Try uh... Juno Reactor possibly? It's not quite what you're looking for, I think, but it might get you in the ballpark. 
    Techno classical? Classical music like Mozart done in an electronic / techno style? I find it very zen for coding
    edited March 2016
    Personally, I find stuff like The Knife very nice for doing work like that. I used to camp out the starbucks where my best friend worked with some giant clunky over ear headphones and a constant looped discography of the Knife to do schoolwork, to get out of the house. 

Recently, I've been really into Wardruna when needing to do work/jog. 

EDIT: Specifically, The Knife's album Silent Shout.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    work work work work work work
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited March 2016
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited March 2016
    Tarkenton said:
    Techno classical? Classical music like Mozart done in an electronic / techno style? I find it very zen for coding

It's not really classical but Blackmill did wonders to my concentration when I had a lot of stuff to write.
  • This thread needs something heavier.

• @Alaksanteri - I love Tool, but if you haven't heard this cover of the Cure by Deftones you should check this out. I also love how concerned the Cure looks here. But the music is awesome.

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Oh Radiohead. Angsty highschool nostalgia.