Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Wtf does that mean?
  • edited March 2016
    Annick said:
    With all the politics surrounding Ascension and the talks of the Faction rework, I was starting to feel like Gaudi was really improving its identity and headed in a positive direction. People could be silly and have fun without being ridiculous or crudely pointless. The city was finding its balance, and definitely not the same city I tried years ago that hosted a naked chicken chasing contest at the nexus.

BUT THEN

GAUDIGUCH NEWS #1176
    Date: 3/23/2016 at 18:50
    Subj: Fashion Show

Category 1: men's thongs Theme: the Candymans Confections

Siiiiigh

Wanted designs for things people don't do on a daily basis. Also wanted something fun cause not everything has to be über serious.
    There's a (vast) grey area between candy man thongs and uber serious.  
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited March 2016
    Wtf does that mean?
    He has spun the wheel with coins 425 (?) times this month. He got 500 bound credits for it.
  • Sylvanas said:
    Gwenelle said:
    I got an entry absolve today
    Is that what you did to me in the UV?
    yep
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I can't find the thread that you guys were talking in about this, but you all leave @Falmiis alone. He's fine where he is. The north needs a non-jaded, go-getter attitude guy on its side! The south has an almost-monopoly on those :P

-slinks back off to WoW-

• I just posted that in quotes! I thought it was pretty funny, actually.
  • Celest could always make a painting where Celina has all the Mag Seal holders kissing her butt and letting her win :P
  • Arix said:
    Pectus: The moonshines by and large were my recipes. They still exist but are now labelled as whiskey
    I know they got changed to whiskey :P That doesn't make me miss having more than one spirit recipe though!

• or just a line of all the city leaders bending over and presenting

• Please stop coming to play:
    1) Two hours after I should already be in bed, and
    2) Ten minutes before I should be leaving for work.

My clever disguise as a functioning adult is starting to slip.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    People might wanna raidzerg when there are actual people to defend, you know. It's probably time to degenerate into perma newbie hunting your opposing org to oblivion, too.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Finding Zortabi. So many enemy villages. Sorry Maligorn. :(

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I've never been terribly clear on what Zortabi actually does...
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Dylara said:
    Finding Zortabi. So many enemy villages. Sorry Maligorn. :(
    And to add to my woes, I picked up a wyvern egg without realizing and so failed the quest because I was interacting with the wyvern egg and not the dragon egg :( Wooooe

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Tridemon said:
    I've never been terribly clear on what Zortabi actually does...
    Zortabi is needed to hatch the dragon egg of Zoaka.

Dylara said:
    Finding Zortabi. So many enemy villages. Sorry Maligorn. :(
    No worries! Sorry you failed your quest.

edited March 2016
    Siam said:
    People might wanna raidzerg when there are actual people to defend, you know. It's probably time to degenerate into perma newbie hunting your opposing org to oblivion, too.
    Alright, I was around for the raid but chose not to take part because I find the idea of killing guard stacks pretty pointless in the long run and in general I only join raids if it looks like they need an extra hand. That said, I still think this argument against raiding/killing guard stacks when there are no defenders to be fundamentally flawed.

1) Fighting in enemy territory comes with an inherent disadvantage. In non-Prime planes you have to deal with discretionary powers and you generally fight in an enemy meld. Ethereal planes can also be particularly dangerous with how mobs stack up. On Prime you have statues and totems all over the place. Reinforcements for defenders have a much easier route to the combat area than attackers. Most of the time people will only raid until it looks like the defenders start to outnumber them too much. This happens with both sides. Often what happens with an Etherseren/Etherglom raid is that the attacking party moves to Faethorn where the playing field is more even, or perhaps even swings in the favour of the attackers due to a meld and pits that are set up.

2) On this particular raid: no, you're correct. They weren't interested in fighting. On guard stack raids in general: they are not about conflict. They are about killing guard stacks. I don't think anyone joined the raid thinking they were going to have a great pvp experience. Look at the daily raids on Prime Celest a few weeks ago. They weren't about conflict either. They killed guards, hung around until defenders started to show up and then left. With the raids last night it sounded like it was mostly just killing guard stacks and then looking around for more.

3) What times are okay for raiding? When there are people around? Currently the situation is that the north's combatants are largely from the Oceania/Asia time zone. Just as most raids by the south occur in the evening American time because that is where their fighters are concentrated, "off-peak" is when most people will be around to raid in the north. Should the north just never raid because there aren't any defenders when they're most active?

Also I think you are overreacting a bit. You are proposing everyone should grief opposing novices out of the game in reaction to some raids. I probably shouldn't need to explain why that is not a good idea for anyone.
    I think Siam is being facetious.

• This is why people don't stay because of people killing almost everything when they're new and the novice is expected to go help if they can in any way.
    edited March 2016
    Candide said:
    This is why people don't stay because of people killing almost everything when they're new and the novice is expected to go help if they can in any way.
    There should be no obligation for anyone who doesn't want to take part in combat to defend, particularly if they are still novices.

At the same time, my experience is that trying to send people OOC tells telling them how horrible they are probably won't help either. Just ignore the raids and go do your own thing.
  • Yeah, I've never had anyone tell me I "have to go help" you can always just say "oh man no I'm a bad at curing, sorry"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Siam said:

if you don't like having guard stacks killed, you should ask your home not to do the same thing.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • So you're telling me this isn't toxic and just plain trolling?

2016/03/25 09:15:02 - Avurekhos slew an illithoid scourge that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:15:12 - Gero slew an illithoid scourge that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:15:20 - Gero slew an illithoid scourge that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:15:31 - Gero slew an illithoid scourge that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:15:40 - Avurekhos slew an illithoid scourge that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:15:48 - Avurekhos slew an illithoid scourge that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:21:43 - Avurekhos slew an illithoid scourge that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:21:53 - Ioleyna slew an illithoid scourge that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:22:02 - Ioleyna slew an illithoid scourge that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:22:11 - Ioleyna slew an illithoid scourge that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:22:25 - Avurekhos slew an illithoid scourge that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:30:07 - Ioleyna slew a shadowlord widowrider that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:30:12 - Bleuu slew a shadowlord widowrider that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:30:19 - Gero slew a shadowlord widowrider that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:30:23 - Yarith slew a shadowlord widowrider that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:30:29 - Maligorn slew a shadowlord widowrider that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:30:38 - Avurekhos slew a dark nighthag that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:30:42 - Azula slew a dark nighthag that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:30:47 - Yarith slew a dark nighthag that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:30:52 - Avurekhos slew a dark nighthag that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:30:57 - Gero slew a dark nighthag that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:31:05 - Yarith slew an illithoid scourge that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:31:15 - Avurekhos slew an illithoid scourge that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:31:20 - Gero slew an illithoid scourge that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:31:28 - Gero slew an illithoid scourge that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 09:31:35 - Gero slew an illithoid scourge that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 10:09:43 - Maligorn slew a shadow faeling ritualist that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 10:17:30 - Gwenelle slew Juur, the rowdy spriggan that was loyal to you.
    2016/03/25 10:27:25 - Gwenelle slew Brultk Thornblood, the outcast caretaker that was loyal to you.

There is absolutely no reason for them to kill almost every single guard we had when it was literally me Athree and Scanlan. The only reason you did it is because you knew nobody could stop you
  • Every org does stuff like that. It isn't new. Accusations about "off peak raiding" are always thrown around and it won't change.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."

• Candide said:
    This is why people don't stay because of people killing almost everything when they're new and the novice is expected to go help if they can in any way.
    Why on earth would they be expected to go help? Sure, there's nothing wrong with a bit of minor prodding, just to let them know that they can help even if they're not demigods, but I don't think there's too many people that expect everyone to drop what they have to go help defend against a raid. It's never happened to Ssaliss or one of my alts, at least.
    edited March 2016
    Read my post. I've already confirmed that yes, they only raided because there was nobody who could stop them. Just like any guard stack raid. I do want to point out that I think if there were defenders it would have been an Etherglom raid instead. It was a case of us having a lot of people on, but not enough to do a smob raid and there wasn't anyone to fight so they decided to just kill guards instead.

I also suggest you CONFIG LOYALSAYS OFF if it bothers you that the mobs call for help. If you still feel pressured to defend because of what other players say then that is on them.
  • lol @ zerg shaming

Siam you should know full well people do that :P

(gusting into Daughters, anyone?)
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited March 2016
    I popped in after my birthday party last night. Found out "oh hey, glom's getting raided, play time!" and came up. We repelled once, proceeded to get the tar beaten out of us after. No melder definitely hurt, but thems the breaks. I had fun killing random org mobs after and just generally being a jerk though :) I've played both sides, we all do the same crap to each other because we got numbers and they don't. Team South decided to call it when our VA had to log, and team North pretty much had a lock down on their rooms. Next time I might start floating butterflies or something, but I had a good time. So thanks for raiding at my play times.
This discussion has been closed.