Getting Immersed in Lusternia

2»

Comments

• I found a station that plays medieval music, Ancient FM. I use it when I play Achaea and Lusternia, but the effect is starting to wear off. I still get pretty bored quickly. What kind of music do you like? And I don't think it'll be easy to chat while grinding. Walls and walls of text coming at me and what not.
  • Like Tarkenton I like seeing numbers go up. I think ultimately that is the only thing that can keep someone going while grinding. There is actually no need to grind anything at all if you don't want to be involved in that part of the game. Unfortunately that is also the part of the game that ascendant is tied to. I'll go out and say that sorry, but ascendant is probably not something you'll be able to get because you will not enjoy the process. However, there isn't really any clearly defined "end-game". Sure, some combatants do think getting TA is "winning the game" and it is often joked that those who win go into retirement soon after, but only you can decide when you think you've achieved enough and that doesn't have to involve any grinding at all. You like the stage and library, so maybe you could set a goal of rising up the prestige ranks.

Family RP can be great but it will depend on which one you get involved with. Some are very active and get involved in family RP a lot while others never even use their family channel at all. The great houses that you'll likely be able to join largely depends on the organisation you want to play in as most great houses are very closely tied to them. If you look at the help files of each of the orgs at the bottom of the list of ministers you'll see the Great Houses that are tied to that org. This is a good place to start looking. The other thing you need to do is to just ask around. Let people know you're interested in finding a family and I'm sure you'll be presented with options in no time.
  • I need some advice. I admit, I should've never left Celest. I'm a Moondancer now, but it seems like guild leaders are rarely on. How can I advance, then? I'm considering another org, but I don't want to be an orghopper, I already left one.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Newbies are not considered org-hoppers.  We expect you to move around until you find a good fit.  You can either roll up a new character or just move the one you've got.  Don't worry about it. :)
  • I'm running out of options. I tried Hallifax before, but I prefer a guild that starts off with art quickly, and doesn't bog you down with loads of survival lessons. Kind of like the virtuosi and their requirement that you get to level 21. I just wanna do some art. And I usually don't like the darker alignments. I don't want to get rid of this character, though. I've got a lot of curios on me from the wheel, and plus i don't like doing the newbie tutorial over again. I'm usually on during the day and early evenings, I wonder if I'll find a guild I like with guild leaders on when I am.
  • Without trying to sound biased, I do think Hallifax would be the best fit for you, not just because of the RP of the city but there is a significant concentration of the artist/stage/library type here. Honestly that is true for any organisation. The people define the experience you'll get.

As for you wanting to get involved in the arts straight away, there is nothing stopping you from doing that in any guild/organisation. The survival lessons are there because Lusternia is a complex game and (true) newbies often need to have their hand held early on. If you don't want to do these tasks then don't. Talk to your guild leaders, see if you can arrange something else for advancement. But ultimately if you didn't care about advancement you could just start writing plays or books and you'll probably get advanced for your work anyway.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    In the interest of spreading the wealth, Glom has some great art people as well in, say, @Eliron, and Gaudiguch has @Thayan and @Altrea while Magnagora has @Kalnid. I'm sure Celest and Serenwilde have some people interested in the arts as well, you just have to look for those people. And they're happy to be found!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Thanks a lot!
  • Now why'd they increase collegium to 20 days? Now my advancement's on hold, again!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited March 2016
    It has always been 20 days (note: ic days, so 20 hours). You do the collegium quests to speed it up!
  • I thought it used to be ten. But I was overreacting. I just saw 9 hours and panicked.
  • Anniria said:
    I thought it used to be ten. But I was overreacting. I just saw 9 hours and panicked.

Collegium time is 20 hours, and the guild novicehood for 10 more hours.
    See you in Sapience.