GMCP - updates while moving

AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
edited May 2016 in Mechanic's Corner
Hey,

so, when following someone, I do notice that I don't get any gmcp updates on the room I moved in. Is there any way to manually request the gmcp updates you would normally receive information about the room with? I've played around a little, but couldn't find anything that works.

edit: As Synkarin answered, I realized my question was probably not specific enough, so here an update:

I'm actually looking to receive updates from the contents of the rooms I follow people through, meaning gmcp.Char.Items.List with location="room". Those I do not seem to be receiving. I only receive the list once I manually 'look'.

Thanks
Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.

Best Answers

Answers

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    You should be getting updates I believe. 

I know my mapper keeps up when I follow people and it uses gmcp to keep me centered.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    oh my ... I wasn't being specific enough, sorry about that. Will be amend my question to make it clearer.

@Synkarin are you getting gmcp.Char.Items.List events? or the Add / Update / Remove variants ? Because I don't seem to be getting them.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight

Synkarin said:
    Oh no, I don't think I'm getting that, I'm just getting the Room info. 

As far as stuff in the room, does looking not work?
    Looking would work yes. I just had hoped there would be a way to request the information through gmcp, as there's ways to request the items in your inventory through gmcp and in containers at least. If I have to, I can gag the look info, but I'd rather not.