The Shakespearean Mafia Game - Heroes (Town) Win!

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    OH NO. I'm so sorry the careless edit all I did was fix the smiley because it needed a space and wasn't working AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH please don't kill me I haven't had coffee yet >_<

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited May 2016
    Ye Olde Vote Count:

Vivet: Ieptix, Othero, Maylea, Shaddus, Lavinya, Tremula, Cyndarin (7)

Nobody: Rolsand (1)

What ho! That's a lynch!

---

As the ghoulish tragedy of the previous night unfolds, a lone member of the troupe appears full of mirth. Vivet bounds across the stage with gleeful abandon, gamboling in the eyes of those present with a noose dangling in her nimble hands.

Only one member of their company could face death with such delight... but was it not so that he died the night prior?

"Is she Puck now, then?" another player asks, skeptical. "Is this another trick?"

"Thou speak'st aright;
    I am that merry wanderer of the night. 
    I jest to Oberon and make him smile."
    -A Midsummer Night's Dream

A­­­s Vivet prances about, the rest of the company draws near her armed to the hilt and prepared to strike. Yet Vivet stops once, bows to all gathered, and to the astonishment of the other players prepares the noose herself. "I did not choose the Puck life," she declares with a sigh, "the Puck life chose me." And thus, Vivet steps upon a tiny stool, bows once more, and meets her tragic end upon the stage. 

Vivet was...

Viola, a comic heroine.

“I'll do my best
    To woo your lady: [Aside.] Yet a barful strife!
    Whoe'er I woo, myself would be his wife.”
    -Twelfth Night, or What You Will

You’re not the only one of Shakespeare’s heroines to disguise herself as a man, but perhaps the most famous heroine for doing so. It’s a bit of a pickle you find yourself in the middle of: upon being shipwrecked, you pretend to be a man named Cesario, then fall in love with Duke Orsino, who is in love with a woman named Olivia, who somehow has fallen in love with you. That’s the quick nutshell of the matter, but of course there’s more to it, isn’t there? The point is, you are talented at maneuvering sticky situations and becoming something you are not.

Right now, you are Viola, which doesn’t mean too much. But perhaps in time, you may assume a new identity…whether it be man, woman, whatever.

You win when all villains are eliminated from the stage.

I Am the Man: Whatever role dies first, you will secretly gain that role’s powers and feign that role yourself. *NOTE: This will not apply to mafia or mason roles. [Disguiser Power]

A tiny slip of paper flutters out of Vivet's pocket, declaring the following information:

You now feign the role of Puck, the (Undying) trickster spirit. When investigated at night, you appear as Puck, not Viola. You now possess his bus-driver power and his win condition: to survive either when the heroes have eliminated the villains from the stage, or when the villains have eliminated the heroes.

With this, the final twelve players let out a sigh of relief and prepare themselves for the next scene: set in the bloody hour of night.

[Exeunt all, sans Vivet]
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

It is Act Two
    Scene Two: Night

You have forty-eight hours to send in your night actions. Act Three will begin either when all actions are received, or the deadline is up.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    The stage lights flicker, announcing that all night actions are in! Act Three will begin shortly.
    Daraius said:
  • Is there still time to buy mint-chocs?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    (Only if you're already in line)
    edited May 2016
    Act Two:
    Scene Two: Night

"Nothing can come of nothing: speak again."
    -King Lear

And yet that is just what seems to have happened this night: nothing. Not a single body has the courtesy to grace the stage as Act Three nears, leaving only a bare stage awaiting each player as they return from the shadows. Some appear more exhausted than others, yawning loudly as others seem well-rested, if curiously so. How could a night as bloody as that in the last Act be met by one as calm and serene as this one now? Tis a strange turn of events indeed, particularly with our gentle Puck out of play.

Nonetheless, some in our company look at one another with a more critical eye than yesterday, suggesting things may not be as pleasant as the auspicious dawn of this act suggests. Ay me, what a dream was here! Can nothing truly come of nothing? I pray you, gentles: speak again.
    Daraius said:
    It is Act Three
    Scene One: Day

12 players remain on stage.

It takes the verdict of 7 people to sabotage a fellow player from the stage.

Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Well that...might be our best case scenario. Anyone get doctored and survive?
  • Ok, people.  Spill.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Nooo, very definitely do NOT spill if you are the investigator or Doctor. Unless the investigator found scum, and even then only if you're sure you know who the rest of them are.

Doctored targets should see if they get attacked, though, and if so let us know.
    I will post properly when I'm home a bit later. I have a very strong hunch. It may be coincidence but perhaps not. Hopefully a few more people check in. Would very much like to know if anyone was saved through the night.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    As the lights grew dark
    And the audience filed out,
    Unease took over me.

Navigating through
    The tumultuous backstage,
    Footsteps followed me.

I ran, fearing death,
    Yet my pursuers kept pace.
    I saw my demise.

Yet as I turned to
    My dressing room, who should I
    spy, but a woman?

Cleopatra, I 
    Shall assume, for she dressed in
    Golden decadence.

She whisked me away
    to Alexandria fair,
    Returned at the dawn.

This information
    I share, in hopes of reaching
    clarity this morn.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • And presumably blocked a kill.  It makes me wonder what happened with the other source of night kills, or if Cleopatra saved @Tremula from two sources of incoming death.

• That would be a helluva coincidence, though, three people targeting Tremula at random.

This game never looked so complicated from the outside.

In fairness to all,
    we all can agree haikus
    should go burn and die.

Or perhaps, the wild
    Vigilante feared making
    Another error?

There were a few of us suspicious of Tremula due to her arguments re not lynching Vivet. If I was mafia and knew she wasn't one of my team, I wouldn't aim to night kill her - take out someone quiet or less obvious and try and encourage the suspicion to get her lynched instead. 

So Tremula was whisked away from the night, presumably blocked or jailed. There is no kill. HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS COINCIDENCE, HUH?

This is why I want to know if anyone else noticed anything - were they healed perhaps? If no one else was approached for a kill, chances are Tremula is one of the killers we are looking for. 

I will give the benefit of the doubt for the moment in case someone can vouch for her or that they instead were the target of our scum, but I am watching you with great suspicion, Tremula.

• Like Krackenor, I to an inn was dragged
    by someone who then stole gold from my purse.
    I tell you this knowing some will suspect me,
    as is already done with Tremula.

Unhappy that I am, I cannot heave
    my heart into my mouth. This much truth
    alone I can bestow to make my case,
    and pray this mystery can be unravelled.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Any time there are no kills, you look hard at who was blocked the night before and apply Occam's razor. I was hoping whoever got Egypted would come forward about it, because they were either a target or the killer and I don't think we want Cleopatra to need to reveal herself just yet. If nobody was saved by a doctor and yet two kills are missing then it stretches credulity that Cleopatra, the villains, and the SK all chose the same target the same night.

Unless someone wants to fess up to being a trigger happy vig. (Looking at you, Dylar-oh, she's dead.)

Our options are to lynch Trem, Lynch Maylea, or lynch someone else, and keep blocking whoever doesn't get lynched until they can be investigated. Unless either of you wants to roleclaim.
  • These words I understand, and cannot fault -
    but I can claim no more now than I have.
    What questions you might have I'll try to answer,
    though some things it would be my death to say.
  • Just checking in, nothing happened to me last night. I'm not sure about Tremula but I'd be willing to lynch if we don't find stronger info. Anyone who was jailed or blocked last night is obviously suspicious.
  • So we're awaiting word from Cyndarin, Rolsand, Shaddus, Krackenor, Ieptix and Alary.

• I gots nothin. I got crickets last night, but I also didn't do anything. So believe that means no one targeted me. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sorry, I'm awake! It seems nobody visited me last night. I wish they'd take me out for a drink :(

@Maylea, you mentioned your visitor taking gold from your purse. Is having gold in your purse only flavor, or part of your role?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Twas flavour led the thief to snatch my purse,
    but I am not lacking for worldly worth.
  • I have naught to say, for I was idle the past night. A quiet alcove and some spirits prepared me for this day. I feel like I must agree that the suspicions lay within those blocked, and it pains me to admit that I may suspect Tremula, purely upon the words spoken thus far, of foul play. I, of course, have no proof, but only my gut, and my the logical conclusion my mind has formed. 
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Huh. I thought I posted already. Why is time so weird?

Anyhow, nothing at all happened last night for me. Tremula seems the most suspicious to me right now, but there's still not a lot of information to go on, and there's still a handful of people we should hear from first before making any lynchy calls.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
    Suspicion is mine
    Enemy, so I shall come
    Forward and Confess.

Inadvertently
    'twas I what killed Dylara
    And an innocent.

A vigilante,
    I took a guess and then missed.
    But the mafia...

I kept my hand still,
    Rather my mandolin, last
    To avoid an err.

Cleopatra took
    Me away, but as to the
    Villains, I know not.