The Shakespearean Mafia Game - Heroes (Town) Win!

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Fastest day everrrr.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited May 2016

Oh no don't modkill me @Sylandra.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited May 2016
    Ye Olde Vote Count:

Luce: Othero, Synkarin, Lavinya, Krackenor, Rolsand (5)

What ho! That's a lynch!

---

The players crowd about Luce with mounting suspicion as day breaks, questioning him with one inquiry after another. Beads of sweat begin to coalesce upon his brow as he backs up, until Krackenor's voice rises above all the others to sentence him to his inevitable death. "It's Lady Macbeth!" he cries, and the chorus grows louder, and louder, and louder still: "Lady Macbeth! Lynch her!"

Restrained by the mob, Luce glares at Krackenor and spits at his feet. Eyeing the darkening theater as shadows roil around him, Luce cries out:

"Come, you spirits 
    That tend on mortal thoughts, unsex me here, 
    And fill me from the crown to the toe top-full 
    Of direst cruelty! make thick my blood; 
    Stop up the access and passage to remorse, 
    That no compunctious visitings of nature 
    Shake my fell purpose, nor keep peace between 
    The effect and it! Come to my woman's breasts, 
    And take my milk for gall, you murdering ministers, 
    Wherever in your sightless substances 
    You wait on nature's mischief! Come, thick night, 
    And pall thee in the dunnest smoke of hell, 
    That my keen knife see not the wound it makes, 
    Nor heaven peep through the blanket of the dark, 
    To cry 'Hold, hold!'"
    -Macbeth

When Luce is lynched, his hands claw at his neck, stained and spotted with blood that can never be cast out.

Luce was...

Lady Macbeth, a tragic villainess.
    You are easily one of Shakespeare's most famed villainesses. Were it not for you, Macbeth would not have gained the willingness to kill Duncan and claim his place as king. A truly Machiavellian woman, Lady Macbeth has no qualms with murder in the name of ambition. You become Queen of Scotland for your efforts, though we must say that you more than Macbeth earned the right to wear the Scottish crown. Let him bear the weight of compassion, kindness, and motherly gentleness. None of that for you. Yours is a poisoned tongue, and your hands red with blood.

You win when the villains oust the heroes from the stage.

Out, Out Damned Spot!: You may tidy up the murder of ONE player, so that their face is unrecognizable. To do this, target them in the night. Choose wisely! [1-time Janitor Power]

Screw Your Courage to the Sticking Place: You may, every night, choose a player to mock incessantly for their cowardice. They will be so overwhelmed that it will take only 2/3 of the votes required to lynch them. You will require at least one town vote to achieve this. [Mockery Power - One Night Cooldown]

---

Could it truly be that two days have ended so victoriously? A heady whirlwind of adrenaline and success flood those present, allowing a glimmer of hope to shine among them. Perhaps this play shall be no tragedy after all. Perhaps, with a bit of luck and ingenuity, the heroes might still prove themselves worthy of their title on this stage.

Before any dreams of grandeur can flourish in full, the night falls upon our stage once more, beginning the next scene and whatever dastardly deeds may be prepared for the next act.

[Exeunt all, sans Luce]
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    edited May 2016
    It is Act Five
    Scene Two: Night

You have forty-eight hours to send in your night actions. Act Six will begin either when all actions are received, or the deadline is up.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • YEAH! Go town, go!

• Luce said:
    ((And all my careful plans undone by men with weak spines. Again.))
    No wonder you killed me.  =((

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Well of course Luce was scum. He wasn't killed during the first night after all. ;))
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    The lights flicker on the stage, announcing all night actions are in! (Please be patient as I am currently at work and cannot update for a couple of hours.)
    Daraius said:
    edited May 2016
    Act Five:
    Scene Two: Night

DEMETRIUS:
    So, now go tell, an if thy tongue can speak, 
    Who 'twas that cut thy tongue and ravish'd thee. 
    CHIRON:  
    Write down thy mind, bewray thy meaning so, 
    An if thy stumps will let thee play the scribe. 
    DEMETRIUS:
    See, how with signs and tokens she can scrowl. 
    CHIRON:  
    Go home, call for sweet water, wash thy hands. 
    DEMETRIUS:
    She hath no tongue to call, nor hands to wash; 
    And so let's leave her to her silent walks.
    -Titus Andronicus

Shrieks tear from the stage as the curtains reveal the result of the night's happenings, for a corpse so mangled and brutalized it can barely be made out to be Lavinya's lies upon the stage. Limbs severed, face bashed beyond all recognition, the sight is so grisly it makes your skin crawl just to look at it. Frantically you look for the cast list, but Lavinya's version of it is nowhere to be found.

What role Lavinya played is now completely indecipherable.

[Exeunt all, sans Lavinya]
    Daraius said:
    It is Act Six
    Scene One: Day

7 players remain on stage.

It takes the verdict of 4 people to sabotage a fellow player from the stage.
    Daraius said:
  • Really? Lavinya is your kill? And you Janitor her when we already know her role. Weak move Mafia.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'm curious what Krackenor found out. I watched the same person.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I watched a fellow dark of skin and dark of demeanor, but fiercely loyal and of good intentions
    If that's the case, then my suspicions fall on Ieptix and Celina

Everyone else has been kind of sort of verified. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Well I've told my role like 87 times at this point, so if you want to lynch, I doubt repeating it for the 88th will do anything.
  • Yeah, I personally am way more suspicious of Ieptix.
  • I am inclined to think that way as well. With the revelation that Luce was mafia, I find it rather unlikely that Cyndarin was as well. Why would they send two members after the same person?
  • Oh, wait, Luce had a janitor power...she could have been working with Cyndarin to kill and scrub. Disregard my last message
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    ((He))
  • Shush you're dead
  • @Krackenor The person you investigated, why did you investigate them?
  • I had narrowed my suspect list down to three names and investigated one of those three. Then it went down to two names. Then (just before I posted my last comment) up to 2.5 again.
  • Vote: Ieptix 

I don't really have a great reason outside of we don't have a lot of options left in who the mafia is and Ieptix has spent the entire game flying under the radar and avoiding most conflict. I am also not sure if I buy the claim of "My power is useless if the mafia knows it". I'm also not sure how Edgar would be a villain but it would make a lot of sense for him to show as town in an investigation even if he is mafia, Edgar's whole thing is disguises.
  • Krackenor said:
    Oh, wait, Luce had a janitor power...she could have been working with Cyndarin to kill and scrub. Disregard my last message

Yes I plotted with Luce to janitor the jailor that we already knew was a jailor. I'm such a great mafia player.
    Vote: Ieptix

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Krackenor said:
    Oh, wait, Luce had a janitor power...she could have been working with Cyndarin to kill and scrub. Disregard my last message

Yes I plotted with Luce to janitor the jailor that we already knew was a jailor. I'm such a great mafia player.
    Dude, chill out and stop acting the clapper-clawed hedge pig (thanks for the insulter Syl :D). I was thinking of reasons why two mafia may have gone after Tremula night two, not Lavinya last night. I even stated that I didn't think it likely (hence the reason you're the .5 in my 2.5 suspects), but since you have done nothing to prove your allegiance one way or another except loudly and obnoxiously insult anybody who dare question your motives, I'm not going to completely remove you from it just yet.
  • Shall I use my power to speed this voting process? 
  • No, not yet
  • Krackenor said:
    Krackenor said:

Dude, chill out and stop acting the clapper-clawed hedge pig (thanks for the insulter Syl :D). I was thinking of reasons why two mafia may have gone after Tremula night two, not Lavinya last night. I even stated that I didn't think it likely (hence the reason you're the .5 in my 2.5 suspects), but since you have done nothing to prove your allegiance one way or another except loudly and obnoxiously insult anybody who dare question your motives, I'm not going to completely remove you from it just yet.
    Dude, duuuuuuude. I'm chill. Maybe read what I wrote instead of trying to make it about my "feelings."