Majanishi v. Alary

http://www.logsty.com/logs/4sBap

Now in glorious technicolour! But no prompt still wtf. Fml. @Alary

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow

Comments

• Hrm, I'm not sure what your skill level in BC is, but you might want to look into maneuvers and aiming for some affs specifically. Knockdown/breakleg can help give you an advantage against stance/parry, though it doesn't look like Alary has much of either anyway.

I'm not sure, but sometimes I see you get up to heavy wounds on head, and switch to swing ups, instead of continuing to hackdown. If you managed to build wounds on your opponent, you should try to capitalize on it and get the heavy/critical afflictions on that bodypart, assuming you know they aren't stancing/parrying that bodypart. You might want to make your highlighter for the wounds turn a different colour for a different wound level (normal colour at no wounds, bright red at heavy, etc) to let you know what you want to try to get a critical affliction on.

• I'm Trans in BC. I keep hearing mixed messages on maneuvers. To me it seems the only useful maneuver anymore is a maneuver that guarantees a lower wound level affliction on hit. IE a knockdown maneuver that will guarantee knockdown instead of a pulped/missing leg on a leg with critical wounds. I have it aliased, but I'm still working at getting all my eggs in one easy to use basket. But yeah in this particular case, Alary had no parrying or stancing that I could see.

With the heavy wounds thing, I knew I had gotten her up there, but I started taking a lot of damage around then and getting afflicted a lot, so I would have to stand around for a bit. Another thing is that her system lines up her rebounding drop with her demesne stun affect perfectly. I raze her rebounding and I almost instantly got stunned after it every single time. This gave her a good amount of curing time. That being said, if I had barged her out of her demesne and used shafts + blocking in the water room just north of us, I would have been at a much better tactical advantage. Instead in this fight I went up into the trees and pulled her up, hoping I could shove her down but it's been so long since I've done that that I couldn't formulate how to do it in the midst of combat.

And with colouring - I really just need to gag the no wounds lines like I think you and I talked about before. However I have a graphical stick figure that colors body parts based on the report from assess, so I don't look at the text assess at all anymore. I'd leave the wound showing lines in there for log readers since I can't get my stick figure man to show up in my combat logs heh.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
  • edited March 2013
    Smite up is a waste. Calcise/calcise on your smashes. I'm not seeing any crushes. What's your strategy here? You should focus on the legs and alternate head/chest stuns until you get crushleg, dump all your power into crushing head with senso/chansu for windpipe lock, then smite down until they stand and repeat. Or just smite down after the crushleg if the wounds are there. Use mantakaya/dulak instead of senso/dulak, in everything except smashes.
  • Great advice. I ran out of space in my liquid rift so I'm going to have to juggle some things around to get more poisons in there. Right now I'm just practicing getting familiar with how wounding outside of maneuvers work. Building basic strategies as I go because I learn better that way. I will certainly take your advice though and start working in some power moves.