Road trip!

DaraiusDaraius ShevatThe juror's taco spot
In a couple weeks I'll be driving from Richmond, Virginia to Ocoee Outpost and Adventure Camp in Copperhill, Tennessee. It's roughly an eight-hour drive and we'll have literally all day to do whatever we want along the way. Unfortunately, I have no idea what there is to do along the way! Anyone familiar with sights and attractions along I85 and I40?
I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

Comments

• Daraius said:
    In a couple weeks I'll be driving from Richmond, Virginia to Ocoee Outpost and Adventure Camp in Copperhill, Tennessee. It's roughly an eight-hour drive and we'll have literally all day to do whatever we want along the way. Unfortunately, I have no idea what there is to do along the way! Anyone familiar with sights and attractions along I85 and I40?
    Asheville has some cool restaurants and sights and is at about the 6 hour mark, so you could easily time that for dinner or a late lunch. They're known for a fair few breweries but that's not really your deal as I recall, but the food is cool too (not as cool as Richmond but still pretty cool  [-( )
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I live in/near Asheville! 
  • I'm in Chapel Hill.  Depending on things, there's a super slim chance I might make the drive to Asheville.  Been meaning to check it out.