Dreamweaving Concerns

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I also find it interesting that Celina and I are not subjected to the verbal abuse after we kill her. She seems to save that for those she considers "weaker". The only conversation I have had with her was her asking what it would take to get unenemied to Glomdoring so she could join...

... Less than 24 hours after raiding prime Glomdoring as a dreambody and harassing me followed by Athree after I left Prime (she died both times due to not running smartly). I don't understand the sense of entitlement that leads one to feel they deserve to get whatever they want and that their actions should not have consequences.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    She was nice and courteous to me, but I'm not so it sort of fell flat.

Also thieves are not tolerated in the slightest. 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • edited June 2016
    Leave the clown outfit at home. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Should likely split this into its own thread (or just drop it). I'm sure we all have Opinions about this (I certainly know Luce has one or two), but it's gone beyond the scope of 'simple ideas'.
    Luce said:
    Should likely split this into its own thread (or just drop it). I'm sure we all have Opinions about this (I certainly know Luce has one or two), but it's gone beyond the scope of 'simple ideas'.

To be fair, this specific topic / conversation was not a simple idea in the first place, which is why it has gone where it has. Very little dealing with combat balance is "simple," that is why we have envoys to discuss it in depth. It should have just been its own thread to begin with.
  • edited June 2016
    A list of comments I had a long laugh at:
    insomnia has been around for as long as Lusternia, and even longer before that, Achaea has been around. It was designed specifically to act the way it does, as a balance counter against sleep tactics. Everyone knows it I assume, I think it comes before what my guild advised I learn up to, it makes dreamweaving obscene and unfair, balances normally balance things.

this dreamweaving is roughly speaking around less than a year old. Roughly Indeed.

You can wipe those tears you have leaking out of the corner of your eyes and throw them back into the crocodile pond where they belong. I'm not the one crying that the big bad dreamweaver can attack without consequences.

It's also a good thing that people have lost the appetite for returning harassment at that level... I don't get why people keep saying I bully lowbies. It's just not true at all. You're all Demigods. I don't think I've bullied ANYONE that has been incapable of fighting back. As I'd said before, Tiarnis even came to my nexus and bashed my body (In front of guards and serenwilders of course.... What a wonderful supportive commune I've chosen.) I didn't even bully him, I used him to attack someone else. 

attacking Lowbies who had no idea they were being dreamweaved. I had to come here and ask what was up because I hadn't seen dreamweaving in years and had no idea what was happening. When people kill you after multiple people have to chase your bloody dream body around in order to actually knock you down, you send tells about how we're lucky to have done it, we'll pay for it, we only killed you for because you weren't paying attention, because you were playing with someone else, etc.Those tells were accurate and mostly roleplay, Fralunah would not be happy being killed in those ways, and neither am I to be honest. The tells were all completely accurate and you know they are, so don't make them out to be excuses. You group up to kill me, which is just unnecessary and shows me the level of skill my enemies have.

Get over your victim complex, stop being annoying. It's more than balanced from your side. No tertiary is meant to kill on their own. I don't have a victim complex. I don't care about the deaths one bit, I haven't tried to circle for over a year and have only just started again now so I can push to demigoddess. It's not balanced, don't lie. Basic skills that everyone learns can make dreamweaving impossible, even if you can't fight back you can defend without any real cost. No tertiary is meant to kill on their own? I'm certain it's possible, and dreambodies can't use primary/secondary abilities so... Please. I don't have a victim complex, I'm not a victim. You're my victim, I know that. You just have silly amounts of countering.

If you give us the ability to yank a dreamgriefer's physical body to where the dreamform is at, then we can discuss changes / buffs. As long as the only counter is violet/kether/psiblade and the dreamweaver only has to run away (and do so smartly, not just a couple of rooms allowing someone to run around guessing where you have holed up), dreambodies deserve nothing more than they currently have. Respectively to your comments : You can drag a dreamweaver's body to where you are, and as a dreamweaver yourself you should really take into account what I'm saying about changes and buffs. The only counter is not Violet/Kether/Psiblade. You know there are more methods to hit phased targets or targets not in your current room, so just don't lie. Dreambodies need a lot more than they have at the moment, or what they have needs to be changed (Which will happen according to Enyalida, but people tell me that Enyalida doesn't use dreamweaving in combat much and thus wont be able to put together reports due to this. I wont name who said that and have no opinions on how good she is or isn't. She's better than me is all I know.) 

On a similar note, make violet/kether enchantable on jewelry. Yes, make it even easier for people to abuse an already underpowered skill set.

1) You killed me because of (a bug with?) absinthe. I'm sorry if that comes across as butthurt (although I was), but it's probably time to stop bragging about it. I killed you because you tried to dreamwave burst me with no ego, and it wouldn't have taken much effort to drain your ego and kill you anyway if you hadn't been hit with a 'bug'. I don't brag about it. I keep saying that the only reason I got you was because the fact you were a dreamweaver and were already asleep.

2) Are you saying that I attacked you first? Because that's simply not true. I didn't know that you existed until a noncomm in my commune came up on CT saying you were trying to rob him, and then you attacked me while I was harvesting, all the while trolling me with tether and dreamspeak. You've also tried to rob me a few times and have tried to get me killed by inducing me to kick my guards while I was at my nexus. You later explained to me that you targeted the pair of us because we seemed to be the least able to defend ourselves. You did attack me first. You went into dreambody and attacked me so I just killed you. It's literally impossible for me to steal from someone who's across an entire sea and in another forest than I am. I appeared while you were harvesting and you told me to go away so I did. You thanked me for it later. I don't get how you say that I'm trying to rob you. I really can't unless you're in the same room as me. Yes, I did pick on you because you were unable to defend yourselves. I didn't attempt to kill you until you decided to dreamburst, and you're a much higher circle than me, an entire thirty higher so...

it's a one-sided license to grief at the moment for a person who's inclined to use it as such, and then Bodyslip at the first Violet. Name another skill that lets you sit at a Nexus and troll people across the continent with impunity unless another Dreamweaver happens to be awake? Explain to me why it's okay that you can dreamjack somebody from their City/Commune just so long as you've managed to piss enough of them off previously to be enemied? Or why a get-up that would allow you to Induce somebody to put their bromides into their nexus so you can get the six-hit instakill should come along with sympathy that the place that you can Slip to is sometimes a little bit dangerous? It's really not. I don't even bodyslip when people violet, I just walk away and return because they're incompotent and can't place eye sigils. I can't bodyslip because when I do, even when I'm not recovering from about 3 violets from a group of people, there is a group of aggressive mobs ready to bash me for existing. I actually told and proved that it's impossible to dreamjack people unless you're on other planes / are both dreamweaving, and even then not 100% for some reason. After showing the bug that allowed you to induce people with selfishness to put their vials into the nexus to Enyalida, Enyalida reported it as a bug.

My personal experience is that it's well-balanced in pvp ("I can't kill you and you can't kill me either") No it's: My skills are useless against you and the only reason you can't kill me is because you're unable to use sigils/Can't track me/Aren't clever enough to kill my body instead of my dreambody...

I had to dump over 300 lessons I had better plans for into lowmagic to learn Violet because of Fralunah attacking Orgmates while in dreambody... I don't recall attacking you or being attacked by you. I don't attack people enchanting and the people influencing have attacked me before. I've never encountered anyone reading books in Glomdoring, which isn't saying they don't it's saying that I haven't seen anyone doing so.

But it's not enough for her to be that damn annoying, she wants insomnia to be less effective so she can kill people who have no recourse at their own nexus while they aren't even doing anything aggressive. Simply stunning. Everyone is spoonfeeding everyone complete nonesense about me. Think what you will as your views on me IC or OOC really don't interest me. There's little point lying in the face of someone about their own actions. Now, about the insomnia. It has no cooldown or cost except for a tiny amount of mana which is nothing. You should not be able to keep it constantly up... You complain about sleeplocking but people wouldn't have had to go to extremes to sleeplock if you didn't have a skill which makes putting someone to sleep an epic quest. Being put to sleep for about five seconds at most and less if you have metawake is not death. I've said nothing about Metawake, which also has no cooldown or loss, fun.

Just towards 'insomnia' and any changes related to it. Even if there were any support to affecting insomnia in some way, it would automatically empower all sleeplocks out there and we really do not want them ( I made a whole thread trying to rid Moondancers of their sleeplocks. Sleeplocks are nasty, evil and no) It's simple. Rid sleeplocks, NOT SLEEPING entirely.

Also, please do not grief lowbies I don't. SO don't believe everything you hear which is made up by your ENEMIES ICly and shouldn't be brought to OOC.

First things first, I am happy to inform Glom that I turned Fralunah into a crispy critter at the Moonhart. I'm sorry, I'm bad at taking the moral high ground. I was actually reading this thread and didn't even notice I'd died until someone told me they'd seen it on announcements. I'd have never have known. I must have been revived automatically or something. I don't attack AFK people, I have standards at least. Also, how exactly did YOU kill ME at MY nexus? What a load of hypocrites. You're all so biased and not interested in balance, no matter what you say. 

If you're truly spending these vast expanses of time in dreamform in Nirvana, so long that people are completing quests around you in this time so  often that it's become a problem for you, I don't think the quest is the issue. There are ways around aggressive mobs. The quest is the issue. The point is that it's NOT being completed and this means that the mobs are always aggressive. Every mob is aggressive and every mob has afflictions which curing wont deal with, you can't even sip in Nirvana. It's impossible to complete the quest without two people, and because dreamjacking has a limited time those two people have to be dreamweavers.

What's not cool is spamming people endlessly with whatever you're doing for hours just to irritate them This doesn't happen and people know it. I get bored after 20 mins at very max IF I feel really frustrated at them.

I've also heard you get really salty when people hit you back I get annoyed when people kill me because dreamweaving is weakened. I keep saying it's weakened, it's built wrong completely. If you can't kill people with it then don't build it to be a killing thing. Why not just remove Slumber if it's not supposed to be used? Why not just remove anything to do with actually sleeping and turn it into something which involves phasing... Phasemages or something... IDK not my job to come up with names, or ideas, so ignore that one.

Calling us cowards by blatantly shouting into the air after bieng killed for what constitutes as -you- raiding Glomdoring. You shouted first, about how I was a coward. I replied that you hide in your nexus and are fine with telling me to come and fight you in my body but wont do the same yourself or come to my place of power, Nirvana. You're just a liar and the only reason you killed me in the first place was because I was playing with Versalean and didn't realise you were killing me until it was too late, at which point I gave up since I had afflictions, couldn't leave the room and was already half dead. If I'd had a chance to react and wasn't semi afk while Versalean tested on me then you'd have died, or you wouldn't have gotten that kill anyway.

Comments all answered and laughed at. Don't lie about what I'm doing, don't make dreamweaving out to be big and bad, don't try to gang up on me OOCly too, it's the job of your enemies to write that you're a terrible person. The only thing that I consider you enemies of is the advancement and balancing of Lusternia.

Edit to avoid even more of a wall to read:
    People who aren't dreamweavers or don't use sleep skills will obviously say no to this change meaning that the minority of Dreamweavers/Wiccans will be screwed over (Wiccans less so due to the sleeplock crap), thus I think it's something that needs to be considered carefully and eventually a decision made by those not affected by Insomnia or Dreaweaving. AKA Gods/Estarra.
    I'm glad I was here for the next forum meltdown. Just a note, you can't drag your body from your nexus, the bexus protects its members. 

You shouldn't be afk on prime, so maybe if you weren't afk, you'd see how Celina killed you. 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I was reading the forum and posting, my timeout is 10 mins and I returned before that time, meaning I was killed in the time period I was reading/posting, Which was within 10 minutes.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Dammit Maymay, now ideas is gonna be broke. I hate these forums so much.
    "What's not cool is spamming people endlessly with whatever you're doing for hours just to irritate them This doesn't happen and people know it. I get bored after 20 mins at very max IF I feel really frustrated at them."

Hahaha how did I miss this? You think 20 minutes is acceptable to keep trying the same thing over and over?
  • Life's not fair.
  • Fralunah said:
    I was reading the forum and posting, my timeout is 10 mins and I returned before that time, meaning I was killed in the time period I was reading/posting, Which was within 10 minutes.
    I gather you're new to the game, so here's a helpful excerpt from HELP AFK:

Lusternia has a simple, easy-to-understand policy regarding AFK: it's not allowed.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • There's no such thing as being a coward in combat.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Fralunah said:
    I was reading the forum and posting, my timeout is 10 mins and I returned before that time, meaning I was killed in the time period I was reading/posting, Which was within 10 minutes.
    Two things:

First, the HELP AFK rules make it clear that the official stance is that it doesn't matter if it's 5 hours or 5 minutes. If you're AFK, you accept what happens to you as your fault, up to and including Admin intervention. I'll admit I've gone AFK at nexii before, because I needed to use the restroom, put out a fire, or frankly because sometimes I get bored and start doing other things. It's still my fault when I miss conversations, greetings, admin pokes, and my beast dying, and if I must gripe, it's always more of an 'oops, I'm an idiot', and not a 'I can't believe how unfair it is that I was only gone for a minute and x happened.'. My fault. Full-stop.

Second, if you must read forums/other tabs/read books/play Facebook games while playing Lusternia, restore the window down and position it so you can see enough text to know when things are happening that you should switch back. Preferably get a second monitor, but that's not a realistic solution for everyone. If you can't see the game, you're just as AFK as if you've stood up and left your computer.
    Admins / Estarra listen to player input on balance ideas. There is even an entire group of people who are appointed specifically to discuss combat balance. They are not going to break sleep balance based on a forum rant when you can't even get one envoy to support your ideas. That right there should be enough to tell you that you are being ludicrous. And no, you cannot be summoned out of your organization. There are protective in-game mechanics in place to help prevent griefing, but unfortunately those same mechanics protect dreamgriefers since they do not have to put their physical bodies in jeopardy. Change that, then we'll talk.
  • edited June 2016
  • I try different things, and spent 20 minutes trying DIFFERENT things at the Glomdoring Nexus. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Insomnia is unfair and makes dreamweaving impossible? Yeah, ok. Try being a bard and fighting against someone who can competently earwort, shield, love potion, and gust.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited June 2016
    I can't even with this.

1) You talk about how inexperienced you are
    2) claim your view is the only fair and balanced view

Here is a thought, get some actual fighting experience before making claims of inbalance

Does not compute.

You blatantly told me in tells that you were specifically being a nuisance. You weren't trying to fight, you weren't doing anything in this thread you claimed you were, you were specifically trying to be annoying and a nuisance.

I'm just going to laugh at everything you post from this point on

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Guys, stop feeding it and it'll go away.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited June 2016
    Fralunah said:

First things first, I am happy to inform Glom that I turned Fralunah into a crispy critter at the Moonhart. I'm sorry, I'm bad at taking the moral high ground. I was actually reading this thread and didn't even notice I'd died until someone told me they'd seen it on announcements. I'd have never have known. I must have been revived automatically or something. I don't attack AFK people, I have standards at least. Also, how exactly did YOU kill ME at MY nexus? What a load of hypocrites. You're all so biased and not interested in balance, no matter what you say. 

I walked into Prime Serenwilde and shot you to death. 

•  'I can't believe how unfair it is that I was only gone for a minute and x happened.' Wasn't said at all, you've just made that up, there's a great example of the shite you fabricate out of nowhere. I didn't state it was unfair, I stated I was reading another tab. I doubt anyone would be so petty as to punish me for less than ten minutes away while at my nexus, but by all means, go ahead and tell me you've never gone AFK at all ever. Not even to look out the window or read something to your side. Though I guess you're all never on the prime plane anyway, hiding away somewhere.

Someone mentioned that bodysnap takes 2-3 seconds. Unless you're counting really slowly... I don't think so.
    Shaddus said:
    Guys, stop feeding it and it'll go away.

Nah, she will just go back to dreamgriefing. Unless you mean "go away from the forums"?
    Fralunah said:
     'I can't believe how unfair it is that I was only gone for a minute and x happened.' Wasn't said at all, you've just made that up, there's a great example of the shite you fabricate out of nowhere. I didn't state it was unfair, I stated I was reading another tab. I doubt anyone would be so petty as to punish me for less than ten minutes away while at my nexus, but by all means, go ahead and tell me you've never gone AFK at all ever. Not even to look out the window or read something to your side. Though I guess you're all never on the prime plane anyway, hiding away somewhere.

Someone mentioned that bodysnap takes 2-3 seconds. Unless you're counting really slowly... I don't think so.

Lol

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Admins / Estarra listen to player input on balance ideas. There is even an entire group of people who are appointed specifically to discuss combat balance. They are not going to break sleep balance based on a forum rant when you can't even get one envoy to support your ideas. That right there should be enough to tell you that you are being ludicrous. And no, you cannot be summoned out of your organization. There are protective in-game mechanics in place to help prevent griefing, but unfortunately those same mechanics protect dreamgriefers since they do not have to put their physical bodies in jeopardy. Change that, then we'll talk.
    Player Input would say that Insomnia should stay how it is because the majority of players don't use sleep. I have no idea why Enyalida doesn't agree with me but as someone stated and as I mentioned before, she apparently doesn't do much dreamweaving combat but more theory *Shrug* I haven't asked her whether this is true or not. I side with Enyalida as I think dreamweaving needs to be changed, but not nerfed anymore, and not made useless by reflexes and a single skill which everyone has. Xenthos, I've been summoned from the nexus before. Ask Synkarin or Malarious. Get your facts right, because I'm sick of you people spouting the crap that comes into your mind without a moments thought.
    Lol

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Just to be clear....again.

Killing while in dreamform is (mostly) impossible. Low risk, low reward.
    Killing while out of dreamform is possible. High risk, high reward.

This is how the skillset was designed. If you want to kill people with dreamweaving, attack them in corporeal form. The skillset is not broken, you are using it wrong. 

This discussion has been closed.