June Promotion: Jewelry Curios!?

It doesn't seem like the jewelry curios have been very popular, even though I still think they're awesome!

I'm putting together a special crate (tentatively iron coins or wonder gems or presents). Is that something anyone would be interested in? Or any other ideas?

Comments

• Sounds like a good plan! (I do like the new curios though!)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Wonder Gems please
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I want more jewellery curios!  If you put up another promotion, can we get jewellery curio crates in-game for credits?  I know some other people have been hoping to buy them with credits, too.

I know people are still looking for wondercrystals, and presents seem to be generally popular.
  • Wonder gems are something I as a player and Scanlan as a character are envious of, everytime someone has a fancy wonderitem..he eyes it with a tinge of jealousy.
  • The jewellery curios are pretty awesome, but curios themselves are not. The extra enchantment charges are... a thing, I guess, so what is really important is collecting all 4 sets of the same collection. To do that you need to collect 4 rares and 36 commons. They can't be any random pieces either. I can't be bothered going into the maths, but let's just say it's going to take a lot of money to be able to complete a single set, let alone the collection(s) you want.

Also I was totally thinking about buying Overwatch. Why do you have to do this to me Estarra?
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited June 2016
    I want the jewellery curios, but there isn't really a cost effective way to get the ones I want. Maybe in your special crates, have them be gems, coins or crystals, and then have the curios as a bonus.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Rivius said:
    I want the jewellery curios, but there isn't really a cost effective way to get the ones I want.
    Well, there is-- the cost effective way is to buy exactly as many pieces as you need, and trade the ones you don't (it's what I've done during previous curio promotions).

Unfortunately, this only works if other people are buying / trading lots, which... um... does not seem to be happening.  Which makes me sad. :(
  • I still dislike randomness in promos.  But these kinds tend to be high average net value for the dollar, and so I'm willing to spend on them so long as I feel like I'm getting generally good returns.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    There were maybe two sets at most that felt worthwhile. Nothing worth spending money on imo.
  • edited June 2016
    I bought two of the lesser packages, I expected more than just curios, I think I got 7k gold and went, okay these really arent much for the value...

I did however use the remaining 10 dollars I had to get a burrito...totally worth it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Auctions.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Wasn't aware there was a promo. But coins could be nice? Great hunt?

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • I feel that the jewelry curios, on their own, is rather boring. More so given we already have an artifact that does exactly the same thing. Collection powers are whatever people value that kind of stuff at, I don't really see much use in the collection powers. Perhaps maybe whiplash

(Shameless echo of idea that has been said before: Perhaps if the jewelry curios added an enchantment slot so a piece of jewelry could have more than 1 enchantment.)

In anycase, I would all of those other things in crates are good things I think.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    One thing Lusternia needs is something like the Atlas pages from Imperian. Every page is named for a certain area (for instance, "an atlas page of the Elemental Plane of Fire" or "an atlas page of the Hifarae Hills", or maybe even "an atlas page of the Astral Sphere of Capricorn"). Getting your first page allows you to also get an atlas, which is a resetting book/construct of some kind. You can insert atlas pages to permanently add them to your atlas. Then, you can allocate your pages in each area to buff you while in that area. Perhaps pages can be added to buff your gold drops in an area, or allocate some to take less damage from mobs in that area, or allocate some pages to see how many beasts are left in that area. Pages can be traded or sold, with some being rarer than others.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited June 2016
    Aetolia has those as well as Compendium pages...as listed: Cryptic chests = Solstice Crates essentially though they are only 4.99 a piece there >.>

23.3.9 The Compendium
    The Compendium is an encyclopedia of knowledge being compiled by the Fellowship of Explorers. Detailed pages of information about areas have been written by numerous past explorers, and the Fellowship is trying to combine them all into one place. To obtain your Compendium, you must bring your first page to Windchaser, the head of the Fellowship.

Pages for the Compendium can be obtained rarely through the cryptic chests. Each page will be about a specific area, and inserting that page into your Compendium will increase your page count for that area.

You can then dedicate your pages towards unlocking bonuses for that area. Some bonuses require more pages dedicated to them than others.

The Compendium and all its bonuses become disabled if one is engaged in active PvP combat.

USAGE
    -----   
    COMPENDIUM CONTENTS
     - Check the list of areas you currently have in your Compendium.

COMPENDIUM READ <area>
     - Check which bonuses you have for an area listed in your Compendium.

COMPENDIUM INSERT <page>
     - Inserts a page into your Compendium. The area it will be added to depends on the page itself.
     - This cannot be undone.

COMPENDIUM UNLOCK <bonus> <area>
     - Dedicate some of your area's pages towards a specific bonus.
     - This cannot be undone.

BONUSES
    -------

Teleport
     - Cost: 2 pages
     - Allows you to teleport directly to the area.
     - COMPENDIUM TELEPORT <area>

Lifeforces
     - Cost: 3 pages
     - Allows you to detect players currently located in the area.
     - COMPENDIUM LIFEFORCES <area>

Deathsense
     - Cost: 4 pages
     - Allows you to detect how many NPCs from that area are currently dead.
     - COMPENDIUM DEATHSENSE <area>

Movement
     - Cost: 1 page
     - Grants +1 to move speed while in the area.

Experience
     - You'll receive an extra 5% experience while in that area.

Health
     - Cost: 3 pages
     - Your maximum health is increased by 10% while in that area.

Mana
     - Your maximum mana is increased by 10% while in that area.

RegenHealth
     - Your health will regenerate slowly in the area.

RegenMana
     - Your mana will regenerate slowly in the area.

Fortitude
     - Your endurance and willpower usage will be halved in the area.

Damage
     - Your damage against NPCs in that area will be increased by 5%.

Criticals
     - Your critical chance in that area will be increased by 5%.

Resistance
     - Cost: 5 pages
     - You'll take 5% less damage from NPCs in that area.
  • We just released packs of joy! Check out Announce 2606. Note there is no RNG, you get a little of everything!
  • I loved packs of joy and bought one.  I would have bought more, but the return of solstice crates made it a difficult choice.  In the end, I felt I got better value for the money from solstice crates on average and so I bought more of them.  I regret that I basically 'voted' for an RNG promo with my purchases.

But anyway, I returned to this thread because 1) it seems like fewer wondercrystals made it into the game than the packs of joy promo would suggest and 2) we appear to have an uptick in new players.

Perhaps an iron coin promo based on credit purchases, a la SHOWREWARDS?  This would put more credits in the market, in guilds and orgs where credit sales might open, give us another chance to get wondercrystals or aethergoop, for those needing one or the other, and also give new players/purchasers a means to trade for those unbound credits which begin to arrive in the game.  Especially if we make iron coins or aethergoop tradeable...?