Birthstones: A player added Novelty

edited July 2016 in Ideas
Hello everyone! I've been playing around for a few weeks and I just wanted to take the chance to share something I had been working on before I left.

When Nejii was around and Astrology had came out we thought it would be fun to try out the concept of birthstones. I don't remember a lot about Astrology lore or skills but I think we figured that a person's sun sign was their birth sign. So we picked the best gems to represent those signs.

1. ---------------------------------------------------------------
  2. o Ruby                      Volcano         16 Kiani - 15 Dioni
  3. o Emerald                   Antlers         16 Dioni - 15 Vestian
  4. o Diamond                   Twin Crystals   16 Vestian - 15 Avechary
  5. o Coral                     Dolphin         16 Avechary - 15 Dvarsh
  6. o Black opal                Lion            16 Dvarsh - 15 Tzarin
  7. o Bloodstone                Crocodile       16 Tzarin - 15 Klangiary
  8. o Garnet                    Burning Censer  16 Klangiary - 15 Juliary
  9. o Onyx                      Spider          16 Juliary - 15 Shanthin
  10. o Jade                      Dragon          16 Shanthin - 15 Roarkian
  11. o Black Pearl               Skull           16 Roarkian - 15 Estar
  12. o Yellow Beryl              Bumblebee       16 Estar - 15 Urlachmar
  13. o Sapphire                  Glacier         16 Urlachmar - 15 Kiani
  14. ---------------------------------------------------------------

So I was burn Urlachmar 13, under the sign of the Bumblebee. My birthstone would be yellow beryl.

Being as I am from Serenwilde I cannot sell birthstone rings or future birthstone jewelry to Glomdoring and Magnagora so I wanted to invite trademasters to create their own birthstone designs. I think it would be fun if birthstones were a thing, even if it means it isn't something completely mine anymore. I would just hope that you follow the small guide Nejii and I made.

Thnank you for your time!

🌈💕✨💖

Comments

• I'll buy one for myself, if it comes packaged with Elder Scrolls bgms.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Terribly sorry, but I can't accept any reality in which Daraius's birthstone isn't yellow beryl.  :P
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I like this a lot, although ICly, Irillia would absolutely dismiss it as the rankest of superstition. (The very idea that the date of your birth could possibly mean that you possessed some sort of mystic attunement to a particular type of gemstone. How nonsensical, indeed! Would you care for another cup of tea or a scone, perhaps?) 

@Daraius, I'm fairly sure that real-life birthstone traditions can vary sometimes, with different months being associated with more than one gemstone, so maybe you can come up with some plausible reason why Antlers could be represented by golden beryl. :P
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • That's one of my great sadnesses, that I couldn't pick my character's birthsign.

• I always found Dylara's to be rather appropriate in the end >.> I always loved the idea of the birthstones and would like to try my hand at some Wyrden ones. :D

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Coral dolphin!? Perfect!! How cute. I like this idea.

• Lorina said:
    Coral dolphin!? Perfect!! How cute. I like this idea.

Appearance:

a coral dolphin birthstone ring

Dropped:

A small silver ring lies here forgotten.

Examined:

Fashioned mostly from platinum, this thick silver ring has a broad flat

face. Embedded within the face is a smooth coral stone that has been

shaped to resemble a bottlenose dolphin. The stone dolphin appears to

have been caught in mid-leap with its body curved in a high arch.

🌈💕✨💖

• Sylandra said:
    Skull, black pearl? Har har. I'll take it though!  :>

I swear we came up with it before that movie came out!

🌈💕✨💖

• I will likely do up a few designs, then!

(I'm also thinking about maybe doing birthstone scarves of a sort... or something.)
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    It may not be hokey and farfetched as you'd think. I noticed my Jeweler cuts certain gems more often than others.
  • Irillia said:
    I like this a lot, although ICly, Irillia would absolutely dismiss it as the rankest of superstition. (The very idea that the date of your birth could possibly mean that you possessed some sort of mystic attunement to a particular type of gemstone. How nonsensical, indeed! Would you care for another cup of tea or a scone, perhaps?) 

@Daraius, I'm fairly sure that real-life birthstone traditions can vary sometimes, with different months being associated with more than one gemstone, so maybe you can come up with some plausible reason why Antlers could be represented by golden beryl. :P
    Hey, there's star signs and 12 spheres. Of course, the presence of coral and pearl throws things off a tad, but... why not?
  •  Onyx                      Spider 

Oddly fitting.. Given I had no clue about star signs until recently and well.. Makaela is spider like in appearance