the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    It's an intentionally poor designed image to give you a headache and dissuade people from trying to look up typing charts (and it's missing the Faerie type). That's why the Bulpabedia link was given, so you can get the specifics on your Pokémon and any you discover.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • The link to the Typing Chart doesn't work, for me at least. Also, the thing for Town was just thinking of an in-game way to refer to Town, like how I used Teams instead of Mafia.

And, aww, we can't kill the GM. 
  • With Tremula's go ahead, here's what I think is a slightly clearer chart.

And two important things to note are that 

1) A pokemon's type and an attacks type are separate (I.E. your bug type might know a grass move) 
    2) While most weakness/strengths are symatrical(water attack is strong against a fire type, fire attack is weak against a water type) this is not always the case. (electric attack is strong against a water type, water attacks are normal against an electric type)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I only played up to Sapphire and Ruby so my knowledge of the pokemanz might be limited. :C
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Well as an avid Pokemon breeder I am sure I can answer just about any questions you have. However I would recommend referring to the links provided (the bulbapedia one will be your best friend) Until such a time you are ready to reveal what poke you do have (in case it is not clear do not reveal yet even for information.)
  • Yeah I meant that the chart itself was missing from imgur and I couldn't view it. But I looked it up on Bulbapedia anyhow. Lehki's helps a lot too!
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Oh holy hell. I have no idea of what I got myself into with this. This is so far beyond Red/Blue! Here I was expecting Team Rocket as mafia...

Anyhoo, hi hi, initial check in and all that. I'll be re-reading Tremula's posts until something sinks in.
  • Ushaara said:
    Oh holy hell. I have no idea of what I got myself into with this. This is so far beyond Red/Blue! Here I was expecting Team Rocket as mafia...

Anyhoo, hi hi, initial check in and all that. I'll be re-reading Tremula's posts until something sinks in.
    It seems like something very similar to Team Rocket may exist, at least!
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I played X/Y some time after they came out, so I'm in a decent enough spot. I think this game will still take some time for me to digest, though. 
  • Good morning.
  • I am here. I haven't really done anything with pokemon in over a decade, so clearly I have a lot of research to do. Also I am slightly intimidated by how huge this game is. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'm here too!

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Jesus, this seems complicated and perhaps not the best one for me to start my very second game with. I'm here though!
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    In the absence of relevant information, I am going to provide a string of pokepuns to confirm my existence:

With all these enemies after us, this is sure to be a gastly tripe.

It might have been a mistake for us to rhydon this train.

I hope nobody did anything to jynx it.

Ok, ok, I think that's all. I promise I won't hurt you with more puns once we really get started.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Yep. Checking in. Digesting. This will be a massive (and massively interesting) game.
    The crystals above flash with a bright light, and as you watch, the colours bathing the room begin a slow ascent up the wall. A monotone voice echoes from the CCL: Expedition. 

THE CCL: EXPEDITION WILL BE DEPARTING IN 12 HOURS.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Wait a sec, we have to send you our id card thingy each night?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Yes. It may seem a little silly, but it matches with the flavour of the game, and there could be events where a mischievous Pokemon steals random trainer cards and you have to focus on getting it back before the end of day phase so I'm keeping it.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    One way to ensure everyone is active at least!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Speaking of, hello everyone! I'd love to get to know everyone, but just checking in for now. 

If you'll excuse me, I know my luck so I'm going to go find the Pokémon center, or at least Nurse Joy's cabin.
  • So uh...do we need to send you our cards now?
    They're used as your confirm on Night phase actions. You can alter what you'll do any number of times, but once you send the trainer card you're locked in and can't change any more. I use trainer card receivings to determine order of events for night actions.

• Tremula said:
    They're used as your confirm on Night phase actions. You can alter what you'll do any number of times, but once you send the trainer card you're locked in and can't change any more. I use trainer card receivings to determine order of events for night actions.
    That... might not be the best of ideas, IMHO. A doctor that isn't on the same schedule as a killer will never protect anyone, for instance.
  • Tremula said:
    I'm a little confused based on this answer and the answer you gave Phoebus earlier, which said that the trainer cards are a check-in system. Do we have to send you our card no matter what, even if we don't take a night action just to check in, or is it just used to confirm a night action? Running off not enough sleep, so sorry if this is a really dumb question.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    What Ssaliss said... I was thinking of a tracker trying to follow someone who already acted scenario, but yeah, potentially makes an already busy setup even more complicated!

Though guess we just have to trust the mod!
  • Don't get me wrong, I kinda like the whole "have to send the trainer card to lock in your night action" bit, but a doctor should always protect someone, even if the doctor was a bit later out of the starting blocks. Also, a blocker should always block, etc.
  • You always gotta send in your card every night, and sending it confirms that you're done for the night and can no longer change your mind on your action.

And I'm assuming that the "order of events" is just for certain edge cases where there's a confusing interaction between two powers, and not to make a race for everybody to get their actions in first.
    Lehki has the right of it. 

There are a few confusing interactions that need to be placed (mostly involving your Pokemon) in some sort of chronological. I wouldn't be so cruel as to let a doctor get there too late to revive someone.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Logically it'd be the other way around anyway, with a Doctor who got there too early being unable to save someone attacked after he went back to his cabin. Whether or not it's bigger on the inside.
  • At what time will the night phase start?