the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Then we take actions based on the information that we do have. Lynch her the day after that, possibly. The main value in a power that accumulates pokemon is in the long game. It takes time to build up, and we can lynch her on any turn to put an end to it. We shouldn't wait longer than we absolutely need to wait, but we do have the time to figure out if she's town or not. The danger to waiting a day or two seems pretty low, while the potential gains from keeping a town-loyal Kilee seem pretty big.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • What if Kilee or anyone else steals my Pokemon and the Mafia or whatever does two quakes at once? What are the chances of any of you getting any info?
  • Iosion said:
    @Makaela No, Ally voted that way because there hasn't been a check-in on Luce's part (without reasoning). She believes scum is succeeded in surviving by staying quiet.

It's not only that, but lack of information leads to holes. If people aren't participating visibly, the only way to find out what they might have done last night/what possible motivations they have is what we can glean after they're dead. I'm not saying total transparency is necessary, and people being cagey can have all sorts of motivations for it, but giving people immunity for behaviour that lets them not participate visibly much can be problematic. I've complained about both Alary and Salome, so it was Luce's turn now!
  • You guys can potentially lose both pokemons at the next event.
  • As a note, shadow sneak is like Darkrai's signature attack. 
    (dark void is his signature attack)
    Your numbers today are:
    Rolsand said:
    What if Kilee or anyone else steals my Pokemon and the Mafia or whatever does two quakes at once? What are the chances of any of you getting any info?

In this hypothetical? Very low.

What are the odds of this hypothetical actually happening? Probably even lower.
  • Darkrai also doesn't learn Shadow Sneak in any generation of pokemon >_>

Overview

Darkrai is a great Pokémon. Most people associate it with its signature move, Dark Void, and nearly every Darkrai runs it. Dark Void puts the opponents (yes, opponents for Doubles & Triples) to sleep with an 80% success rate. Tied with its Speed, you can stop so many potential counters. Last generation, Dark Void was banned in all official formats due to a glitch with the sleep counter, but now that has been fixed, whenever you use Darkrai, you have to use Dark Void. Dark Void isn't the only tool at Darkrai's disposal. As a pure Dark-type, it's only weak to three types. Unfortunately, two of them are ones that have become quite common in standard play now, but Darkrai can just shrug them off with its Dark Void. That's all you have to do.

Your numbers today are:
  • oh well I give up its a shame.
  • Iosion said:
    @Makaela No, Ally voted that way because there hasn't been a check-in on Luce's part (without reasoning). She believes scum is succeeded in surviving by staying quiet.

It's not only that, but lack of information leads to holes. If people aren't participating visibly, the only way to find out what they might have done last night/what possible motivations they have is what we can glean after they're dead. I'm not saying total transparency is necessary, and people being cagey can have all sorts of motivations for it, but giving people immunity for behaviour that lets them not participate visibly much can be problematic. I've complained about both Alary and Salome, so it was Luce's turn now!
    I agree that my lack of participation has lead to some holes. I think, it's fair to say, but some people just naturally have very little to say on occasion. This is my first mafia, so I am unsure how to participate correctly. But, Luce has had experience, so it's neither here nor there!
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Control F and search for shadow sneak :P

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Darkrai_(Pokémon)
    Your numbers today are:
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Rolsand said:
    What if Kilee or anyone else steals my Pokemon and the Mafia or whatever does two quakes at once? What are the chances of any of you getting any info?
    We can "what if" til the cows come home, but at the end of the day, there is far more uncertainty involved in the reasoning for lynching Kilee than there is in the argument for lynching you. You are a proven threat. Kilee is only a speculated threat. If you're lynched today, then Sandshrew goes to the car, and we don't know what will happen when he's there, but that's something we can only find out by doing it and seeing what happens.

Even if scum gets him, it's not a targeted ability, so they can't employ it strategically, just fire it off and hope the dice land in their favor. It's not even a guarantee that they will be the ones who get him. It could end up in the hands of a townie who won't use it and will be like "hey, I have the Sandshrew now, feel free to murder him for the greater good." But if we leave you be, Sandshrew definitely stays in the hands of someone who has admitted they could betray us, but is just choosing not to for some reason. I think the choice is obvious.
  • I wish I could steal pokemon that'd be so OP :/
    Your numbers today are:
  • If you guys really think that lynching is gonna help you win go ahead.
  • I'd really rather lynch Kilee, then go for Rolsand after if we really must.

I'm assuming that Kilee's "get a Pokemon" ability is not in fact tied to Kecleon, but a trainer ability at this point. The two-ability thing on one mon just doesn't mesh up with what we've seen otherwise, and it was trainer abilities that got blocked, not Pokemon abilities. If it is a trainer ability, it's kinda a scummy-seeming trainer ability.

Also, we're taking it for granted that the ability works as described, that there is in fact a cooldown. If we off Rolsand tonight, I do see the possibility of Kilee nabbing the Sandshrew and making the next few nights difficult. And... I dunno. I'd rather go for potential scum lynch over guaranteed neutral lynch.
  • Before I get lynched I just wanna say that one of the people that were constantly throwing me off the edge is defenitly a mafia. No doubt.
  • The clear solution is

1. VOTE Rolsand

2. block/investigate me 

3. Then if I'm a baddie kill me!
    Your numbers today are:
  • Also I have no trainer abilities :|
    Your numbers today are:
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Kilee said:
    N1: Tried using Shadow Sneak to catch more pokemon for my team, was stopped by earthquake.
    Kilee said:
    It allows me to move around during the night phase (Look for pokemon/pokecenter/etc)
    Kilee said:
    I was given the ability so I'd assume I'd be able to catch some somehow 
    I'm becoming convinced to be on the Rolsand train as a strategic vote, even though I feel for the guy and think he's been cooperative when given the chance. I went back to read over what Kilee had said, something like 500 posts ago that I may have glazed over.To me the above quotes read more as a trainer power or maybe she can just see what Pokemon are out at night. I'd probably feel better if she clarified since she's already put herself out there, but I guess in the very least we'll know more after the night.
  • Kecleon's day power lets him transform to a type

Kecleons night power lets me go look for the pokemon
    Your numbers today are:
  • Kilee said:
    Darkrai also doesn't learn Shadow Sneak in any generation of pokemon >_>

Overview

Darkrai is a great Pokémon. Most people associate it with its signature move, Dark Void, and nearly every Darkrai runs it. Dark Void puts the opponents (yes, opponents for Doubles & Triples) to sleep with an 80% success rate. Tied with its Speed, you can stop so many potential counters. Last generation, Dark Void was banned in all official formats due to a glitch with the sleep counter, but now that has been fixed, whenever you use Darkrai, you have to use Dark Void. Dark Void isn't the only tool at Darkrai's disposal. As a pure Dark-type, it's only weak to three types. Unfortunately, two of them are ones that have become quite common in standard play now, but Darkrai can just shrug them off with its Dark Void. That's all you have to do.

OKay my bad. I don't know why that needed 3 posts repeating the same information. 
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Let me be clear, in case this wasn't already: I don't trust Kilee. Two Pokemon powers and no trainer power doesn't add up in a game where everything else points to Pokemon being randomly assigned to trainers, as opposed to balanced into their role. However, she is definitely the less pressing issue on our plate. I've gone over multiple times why it's in our best interest to take care of Rolsand as soon as possible, and I'm sticking by it. Odds are, Kilee won't be able to use a power tonight anyway, either due to being blocked, a cooldown, or trying to avoid suspicion by not acting at all.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    What's the vote count? The one on the last page seems to be funky, it has Portius's vote before he voted. Is it being updated as we vote? (A new post would be easier for me to follow, and easier to track how votes have changed from post to post!)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Kilee said:

Overview

OKay my bad. I don't know why that needed 3 posts repeating the same information. 
    Because they all probably happened at the exact same time.
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
    I'd be shocked if Kecleon didn't have two powers. Changing type is a great tank power, but it doesn't do anything unless it gets attacked. If it cannot do anything else, there's no reason to attack it. Tanks that can't draw aggro are pretty bad. It's not a terribly good power if you do it in the open, either. Not completely useless, so I'm not ruling out the possibility that it's day-only and has to be openly declared, but I'm guessing that it has an option for secret use, either unannounced during the day or as a night ability.

I don't think Kilee is being completely honest on the power. I certainly wouldn't be in her place. I'm still working through hypotheses on her and trying to figure out which I think are likely based on the assumption that Kecleon has two powers and that there's synergy between them.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Kilee said:
    Also I have no trainer abilities :|
    I am absolutely doubling down on Kilee being mafia.

If Rolsand is telling the truth, he can choose to stay town aligned, if as he says, his personal win condition is too difficult to achieve. Absolutely we would have to be careful when we get to end game scenarios and he's still around, but again, he is not going to win on Night 2. We just off a potential town-aligned role.

• Iosion said:
    Kilee said:

Overview

Because they all probably happened at the exact same time.
    timestamps, yo.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I guess that's something to think about. It might be plausible that Pokemon who don't evolve may be given more than one ability. I assume that a Pokemon who does evolve will retain its old ability in addition to the new skill gained upon evolution.

I'm not sure that I buy that Shadow Sneak is as you say, since none of the other abilities that we've seen enable a trainer to do some action. They have all either targeted a trainer(s) or Pokemon(s).
  • I answered first anyway  :-bd
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I think Lehki brought that point up before. Both Phoebus and I have said that we both have pokemon who don't evolve and who only have a single ability. It's what first put me onto Kilee's posts being anomalous to everyone else's.