Achievement Changes

Could the admin please change the restriction on bard, scholar, pilgrim, and power quest completions to where they dont reset if there not done every day? I dont see why this would be a big deal. Ive mentioned this in another thread and i think it would be a good idea. I mean, it takes 5 days to get one completion, you need 100 for the max achievement, so 500 days if you go straight day after day. Its already going to be a year and a half for the people who want it hardcore. It resetting on me got frustrating enough that i just quit trying them, and it was one of the few things that kept me logged in longer because of my crappy connection. Now all i have left is working on blood and guts theatre plays. Please change? /begging

Comments

• Also, achievements for using/linking power, getting karma blessings, and others that arent just 1/10/100 please :) Gives me something small to do for a little while at lease.

P.S. Does the vermin one only count for rats and such? Or is there another type of vermin im not thinking of that is easier to find?

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Barendur said:

Also, achievements for using/linking power, getting karma blessings, and others that arent just 1/10/100 please :) Gives me something small to do for a little while at lease.

P.S. Does the vermin one only count for rats and such? Or is there another type of vermin im not thinking of that is easier to find?

Rats and similar only. Forests get weevils, Halli gets pigeons, Gaudi has lizards... but it's all the same thing, in the end.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    And they all spawn in the same way (except in sewers, I think). 3 maximum to a room!
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Four with PerfectFourth/PiperHorn, though!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    I think it's 5! At least, that's what it was in the other IREs, I've never really bothered here.
    Seems to be four without, so five with.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    It's only three in Serenwilde >_>
  • It's three base everywhere. 
  • The precise intention of the achievements, iirc, was to appeal to a certain type of gamer (those who pursue extremely difficult and long-term projects for a reward). Those that take a collective minimum of 550 days weren't meant for the vast majority of people to complete.
  • Eventru said:
    The precise intention of the achievements, iirc, was to appeal to a certain type of gamer (those who pursue extremely difficult and long-term projects for a reward). Those that take a collective minimum of 550 days weren't meant for the vast majority of people to complete.

Read: Xenthos.
  • Ssaliss said:

Eventru said:

The precise intention of the achievements, iirc, was to appeal to a certain type of gamer (those who pursue extremely difficult and long-term projects for a reward). Those that take a collective minimum of 550 days weren't meant for the vast majority of people to complete.

Read: Xenthos.

He probably does fall in that category, yes.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Oh come on, I intentionally did not comment. :(
    Xenthos said:
    Awww, but we still love you.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Xenthos said:
    Alas, poor Xenthos, we know you well.

Which, of course, is why we also like you as much as we do!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Xenthos. Crackheads.

Shedrin said:
    It's three base everywhere. 
    Gaudiguch must be broken then, because I definitely killed four without dropping PerfectFourth.

-

Eritheyl said:
    Shedrin said:
    Gaudiguch must be broken then, because I definitely killed four without dropping PerfectFourth.
    Did midnight roll over while you were doing that? They reset each day.

Elanorwen said:
    Eritheyl said:
    Shedrin said:
    Did midnight roll over while you were doing that? They reset each day.
    It's possible! Will look into it again later.

-

What irks me the most about the achievements is this:
    It pits me directly against lowbies who want to collect the bards / scholars / pilgrims for gold and experience.

If they want to gather them, they are collecting them all.  This means that there are -none- of them around for anyone else to collect.  There is also no way to tell when they were last collected if it was done by someone outside of your org (so there is no powerlog).

This ends up leading to me spending up to an hour of my time every day trying to find the bloody things, because if I don't persist in looking, I've got a relatively high chance of missing out and losing the entire streak.  It also leads to me raging internally at the newbies who have no clue they're 'screwing over' other people by collecting every single one they see, because they have no idea.

This is not exactly a healthy or beneficial situation for anyone involved, and could really use with some tweaking.  Because this is, you know, meant to be a game.  Not a torturous play upon the compulsive tendencies of certain players.  :(
  • It's for those reasons exactly that I've avoided pursuing those achievements.  Most particularly, I feel like I'm robbing lowbies.

Could just make bards / scholars / pilgrims respawn a lot faster, but there's a cap on how many you can bring in each day (ie 15).  Instead of saying you want to lead them, you have to get an item from Avechna / your stage / your library.  The item decays after 15 uses and you can only get one per IC day (but it doesn't fall to the ground when you die).

Makes it a teeny bit more complex, but you're also making them a ton more available for the actual newbies who benefit from the things without older, more established players being direct competition for no reason except the points.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Xenthos said:
    What irks me the most about the achievements is this:
    It pits me directly against lowbies who want to collect the bards / scholars / pilgrims for gold and experience.

If they want to gather them, they are collecting them all.  This means that there are -none- of them around for anyone else to collect.  There is also no way to tell when they were last collected if it was done by someone outside of your org (so there is no powerlog).

This ends up leading to me spending up to an hour of my time every day trying to find the bloody things, because if I don't persist in looking, I've got a relatively high chance of missing out and losing the entire streak.  It also leads to me raging internally at the newbies who have no clue they're 'screwing over' other people by collecting every single one they see, because they have no idea.

This is not exactly a healthy or beneficial situation for anyone involved, and could really use with some tweaking.  Because this is, you know, meant to be a game.  Not a torturous play upon the compulsive tendencies of certain players.  :(
    Honestly part of the reason why I stopped doing it is it took way too long to find them. When you have a limited playing time, you don't want to spend a substantial portion of that roaming the roads spawn-camping mobs...