Auctions?

We haven't had any auctions for real years or so now.....

Can we pull credits out of the economy and stop just adding everything to the cart?

Doesn't even have to be new artifacts, even release some of the ones you acknowledge were prior auction only. 

Maybe even multiples!

Comments

• I'm pretty sure they've said in the past auctions do not generate income for Lusternia. It appears that these promotions are designed to generate actual money.
  • I also prefer these promotions to auctions.
  • edited July 2016
    The big ticket items belong in an auction, in my opinion.  I can't imagine plunking down $750 (after membership) for that rune.  That's the sort of thing where you look at your existing supply of credits, give your existing artis a good hard look, and decide how much you're willing to sacrifice to trade in for the big, rare objet d'e-peen.  Probably crying on the inside and hoping to later, eventually, buy back some of what you gave up to acquire it.

Where that threshold is between items you'd buy outright and items you'd trade up for would differ by person, of course, but I know there's plenty of people for whom the 1-2k credit items are firmly in the wishlist rather than the purchase list.

edit: That said, I'm not a big fan of auctions of unique items.  Limited edition items tend to make me cringe.

• On the other hand, many of these limited edition artifacts cost more than what you'd expect them to cost if they weren't so limited. My understanding is that many of the auction artifacts that get sold later have their price set by their going price at the auctions, so that will inflate the prices of these. The crit rune is just an extreme example of this.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I'm unsure if anyone would ever buy that crit rune given its cost.  HOWEVER, if you are on the fence about it, consider this (I asked Estarra):
    If you buy that rune, Estarra will refund you the credit value of any lesser crit rune you have (essentially functioning as an upgrade).  So you'd be buying the rune + getting a pile of credits on top of it based on what your current crit artifact is at.  Doesn't lessen the RL$ cost, but oh well.
  • Eldanien said:
    the big, rare objet d'e-peen

:))
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • What?  Kelly has a HUGE e-peen.  When she turns, whole crowds of people are taken out.

I admit to being jealous.

(Assuming my memory serves correctly about who won that auction item way back in the day.)

• 4500 cr is something I see myself saving for over a long period of time, but it is a tough ask for anyone to drop that much $ into it in one go.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Once upon a time, I wished for auctions. Now I'm just content to sit on my dragon's hoard and use it flippantly sometimes - like buying people aether whistles when I know they'll be likely to put one to good use.

I have to admit, an auction would not get me to buy credits. It'd just get me excited to find more use for what's already sitting around.

• I just want drums, really.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I have a lot of credits in game I don't know how to spend. I want an auction to frivolously throw credits at. Or the ability to buy goop/crystals in game.

I like flavour. :(
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Okay, I was wondering why people were talking about this. I didn't realize these artifacts were directly for sale right now. Merrr, I want some of the artifacts, but don't want to spend my moneyz. This almost incentivizes me to stop my Elite subscription, and just consider buying on worthwhile promos.
    Kaimanahi said:
    Okay, I was wondering why people were talking about this. I didn't realize these artifacts were directly for sale right now. Merrr, I want some of the artifacts, but don't want to spend my moneyz. This almost incentivizes me to stop my Elite subscription, and just consider buying on worthwhile promos.

Except you get a discount on these if you have Elite. :D
  • She could still save money by cancelling Elite and only re-upping when a promo is worth buying.  

Which is exactly what I'm agonizing over at the moment.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • I'm trying to move back to Texas and save money before doing so, which is the only reason why I haven't binge shopped the artie store. I got the new rune that watches one person to see if they are being attacked just because. It has dubious application but I just wanted it for reasons.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I cancelled my elite a few months ago for this very reason.