Excerpts from the House of Windwhisper

ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
edited April 2013 in Event Scrolls
Artist and Author In which Maerad is evaluated for an arts exploration in the Aeromancers, and meets with the author Portius who inspired her painting. Cast: Maerad, aspiring painter Zyphora, High Scion of the Aesthete Portius, Weaver of the Aurora, but his preferred title is Librarian Allyrianne, rife with artistic potential everywhere Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper nods slowly, looking visibly anxious. "May I read you the passage it is based upon, first?" she asks, tilting her head. Nodding, you say, "Of course." Holding up a carefully copied parchment, Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper recites, "However, we could not hide the fact that he had been murdered. It was all we could do to conceal the bulk of his excesses after his death. There was a criminal investigation, and it was agreed that I should allow myself to be captured and executed in order to ensure that the whole affair ended neatly. It would be my final service to the Collective. Having sacrificed my honour and my dignity for its benefit, I did not hesitate to offer my life. How could I, when life is worth so much less than virtue?" Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper recites, "In a few short days I dictated this account, which was to be released long after all involved in the undignified affair had died so that the truth could be known without bringing harm or conflict to the Collective. Having done so, I go to surrender myself to the custodians of justice so that I may be condemned, have my wings cut from me, and be cast from the city to die upon the ground below. I do not think that leaving the city will be so painful the second time, for this time I go in the Collective's service." Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper recites, "May we all aspire to die so well." Maerad proudly shows off a painting of in the Collective's service: At the edge of a platform, overlooking a height so great that all the ground below is blurred, a solitary figure kneels - his hands bound with rope in the small of his back. Clothed only in a thin pair of grey trousers, the lone trill's back is exposed; displaying two hacked and painful stumps on his shoulder blades where his wings have been cruelly and brutally severed. The last of his plumage has been cast about the ground beside him, the flared tips of his sundered wings just visible at the edge of the canvas. Otherwise monochrome, the only colour on this painting is the deep crimson of his blood as it trickles down his spine and into his clutched hands. Turned in profile, his face looks up to the sky - a contented smile turns up the corner of his lips, and even as he leans gently into the abyss of what lies below, his eyes glisten with belonging. You have emoted: Zyphora examines the portrait carefully, saying, "From where was this passage taken?" Ruffling her plumage nervously, Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper says, "From Librarian Portius's work, The Virtuous Exile." An expression of realisation crossing her features, you say, "Ah, I see. I've not read that yet, but that passage has already compelled me to do so in the near future." You say, "And what is the artistic significance of this portrait? How do you feel it captures the essence of that excerpt?" Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper furrows her brow slightly before replying. "There are all manner of things," she explains, slowly at first - but gaining confidence with each word. "Above all the devotion that he has to the collective - the purity of which, I think, is in how difficult it is to see at first." Now animated, she begins to gesture at different parts of the painting as she speaks. "Yet there is much more - here, where he kneels. He proffers himself, his life, for what he believes in. But the blood - the blood is his life, and his death in one. His devotion and the finality of his ending." You have emoted: Zyphora nods, her eyes roving the portrait contemplatively. "Yes, I do see that. You have done well, Current Maerad," she says with a smile and nod. "I hope you will be submitting this to the art auction." Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper frowns and says, "I am not sure if - I think, perhaps, the author ought to see it first. Only I've never been formally introduced to the Librarian, and I'm sure it would be terribly odd of me to walk up and produce an illustration of his work without such." You smile and say, "Ah, yes. That would be entirely socially appropriate of you to show him the finished work, inspired by his own." You say, "He is quite approachable, but I can introduce you two if you would like." You lazily draw your wings to and fro through the air, fanning them slowly. Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper smiles and says, "I would like that." You nod your head sagely. You tell Execumatrix Magnificus Portius Windwhisper, Librarian of the Collective, "May Current Maerad and I meet with you presently?" Portius tells you, "If you like. Where shall we meet, and what should I prepare myself to meet about?" You tell Execumatrix Magnificus Portius Windwhisper, Librarian of the Collective, "Maerad has something to show you." You tell Execumatrix Magnificus Portius Windwhisper, Librarian of the Collective, "Your present location is fine." Beside a honeycomb building. (City of Hallifax) Banks of clouds roil about here. It is rather chilly. A statue of Jeanne, the windmuse elemental stands here, memorializing her noble spirit. A city administrator has paused nearby, surveying her surroundings with austere scrutiny. Symphonist Allyrianne, Aethereal Melody is here. She wields a starry bird of paradise lute in her left hand. Execumatrix Magnificus Portius Windwhisper, Librarian of the Collective is here. You see exits leading south, southwest, west, and up. You curtsey gracefully. Portius bows respectfully to you. Maerad curtseys gracefully. Portius bows respectfully to Maerad. Allyrianne curtseys gracefully. Allyrianne gives a tiered bird of paradise wedding cake to you. Allyrianne gives a tiered bird of paradise wedding cake to Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper. Utterly entranced, Maerad emits a long "Ooooh." You smile and say, "Tidings, cousin and Symphonist." You say, "This is my daughter-to-be, Maerad." Execumatrix Magnificus Portius Windwhisper, Librarian of the Collective says, "Greetings, comrades." Execumatrix Magnificus Portius Windwhisper, Librarian of the Collective says to Maerad, "A pleasure. Allow me to preemptively welcome you to the family." Allyrianne smiles softly. You have emoted: Provost Zyphora Windwhisper, High Scion of the Aesthete spreads her right wing behind Maerad as though to frame the trill in her aurulent feathers. Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper smiles and says to Portius, "Likewise, and thank you." Glancing with a smile at Maerad, you say, "Maerad has recently read your work, 'The Virtuous Exile,' and has something to show you, Portius." Execumatrix Magnificus Portius Windwhisper, Librarian of the Collective says, "Oh?" You have emoted: Provost Zyphora Windwhisper, High Scion of the Aesthete nods at Maerad with an encouraging smile. Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper shuffles on the spot, ruffling her plumage nervously. She clutches a canvas in her hands and examines it surreptitiously as you speaks, almost as if pondering the need to make last-minute changes.

Comments

• ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper says to Portius, "Your work was wonderful - 
    some parts of it jumped out at me so vividly. Mostly...well, this part."

Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper turns the painting round and holds it up, 
    almost as if ducking behind it out of shyness.

Maerad proudly shows off a painting of in the Collective's service:
    At the edge of a platform, overlooking a height so great that all the ground 
    below is blurred, a solitary figure kneels - his hands bound with rope in the 
    small of his back. Clothed only in a thin pair of grey trousers, the lone 
    trill's back is exposed; displaying two hacked and painful stumps on his 
    shoulder blades where his wings have been cruelly and brutally severed. The last 
    of his plumage has been cast about the ground beside him, the flared tips of his 
    sundered wings just visible at the edge of the canvas. Otherwise monochrome, the 
    only colour on this painting is the deep crimson of his blood as it trickles 
    down his spine and into his clutched hands. Turned in profile, his face looks up 
    to the sky - a contented smile turns up the corner of his lips, and even as he 
    leans gently into the abyss of what lies below, his eyes glisten with belonging.

Symphonist Allyrianne, Aethereal Melody lets out a soft "Oh".

You have emoted: Zyphora makes no effort to suppress a smile of pride.

Execumatrix Magnificus Portius Windwhisper, Librarian of the Collective blinks 
    several times and colors, making a sound somewhat similar to, but not quite 
    replicating, coherent words.

Execumatrix Magnificus Portius Windwhisper, Librarian of the Collective says, 
    "Ah. Flattered. That is the word. Oh my. I've never had any reason to think I 
    wrote something so appreciated before."

Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper shifts behind the canvas slightly until her 
    face is visible again, peering out through wide green eyes.

In a rush of breath, Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper says, "It's...oh. Oh! 
    You don't hate it! I mean - that is to say - it's one thing to interpret 
    something you can really see, but to take another person's mental image and..."

Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper breaks off, looking a little overwhelmed.

Allyrianne smiles softly.

"It is perfect. I had not thought of images when I penned the words. I am glad 
    you did it in my place."

Maerad's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

You nod your head emphatically.

(The Grand Salon): Portius says, "Do people usually have this sort of response 
    to reading my books? It is entirely unexpected."

With a smile, you say to Portius, "Would you have any objection to its 
    submission to the art auction? Or perhaps you would like an original of your own,
     if Maerad wishes to paint another?"

(The Grand Salon): You say, "Your literary talent for evoking emotion is not to 
    be underestimated, dear cousin."

Execumatrix Magnificus Portius Windwhisper, Librarian of the Collective says, "I 
    defer to the author, although I might suggest that the ministry of the library 
    purchase it to be hung in the library itself."

"Ah, to the artist, rather. Authors do not work in paint."

Fanning her wings with the traces of excited approval, you say, "How do you feel 
    about this, Maerad?"

Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper rocks back and forth on the balls of her 
    feet, a slightly stunned expression on her face. "How do I - oh. I mean, of 
    course. Whatever people would like!" Pausing, she blushes and adds, "I think 
    Minister Irillia is already quite weighted down by all the paintings I've been 
    sending her for the auction. I don't mind where it goes, as long as it's 
    appreciated."

"Then in the name of the Ministry of the Library of Hallifax, under my authority 
    as the Librarian and minister thereof, allow me to offer you this compensation 
    in return for your artistic services to the Collective."

Portius gives some gold sovereigns to Maerad.

Maerad gives a painting of in the Collective's service to Execumatrix Magnificus 
    Portius Windwhisper, Librarian of the Collective.

Bobbing in a small, respectful curtsey, Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper says,
     "I'm so very glad that you like it."

"May you create many more things of ever increasing beauty, comrade. You have a 
    promising future."

You smile and say, "Perhaps we have a future High Scion in our midst."

With an oblique glance towards Allyrianne, you say, "Or perhaps two."

Allyrianne gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

"Thus will the Windwhispers forever be are the forefront of Her service."

Symphonist Allyrianne, Aethereal Melody says, "It is lovely to see one so 
    talented with a brush in Her service."

With an affirmative nod, you say, "As it should be."

Her words directed towards Portius and Maerad, you say, "Perhaps you two might 
    collaborate on a future work, similar to this case."

You smile impishly and say to Allyrianne, "I eagerly await the day you add 
    entertaining musical accompaniment to one of Portius's drier lectures."

"Drier lectures?"

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

Maerad hides a grin behind her hand.

A wry smile spreads across Allyrianne's face.

You say, "I'm only teasing, dear cousin."

"My dear, I don't mean to give things away, but my next lecture is anything but 
    dry and may include releasing live animals into the opera house."

You say, "Wait, what?"

Looking slightly alarmed, Symphonist Allyrianne, Aethereal Melody says, "Oh my."

"For educational purposes. I believe the customary term is 'hands-on learning.'"

Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper blinks, eyes widening.

You have emoted: Provost Zyphora Windwhisper, High Scion of the Aesthete gazes 
    upon Portius with a stunned expression.

Symphonist Allyrianne, Aethereal Melody says, "What... sort of animals? If I may 
    ask. Or does that qualify as "giving things away"."

"Small, reasonably harmless animals. Don't fret. They are unlikely to damage 
    anything."

Hesitantly, Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper says, "...-reasonably- 
    harmless?"

Symphonist Allyrianne, Aethereal Melody eyes Portius suspiciously for a few 
    moments, before shrugging.

Execumatrix Magnificus Portius Windwhisper, Librarian of the Collective says, "I 
    suppose that they could pose a choking hazard if one was to fly into an open 
    mouth, but that is unlikely to happen."

Rubbing her temples wearily, you say, "Please do not cause anyone to aspirate 
    during the lecture."

"Of course not. If they are so foolish as to try and swallow part of my 
    demonstration, they deserve what they get."

An Invitation into the House of Windwhisper

In which Zyphora extends an familial invitation to Tisianna.

Cast:
    Tisianna, novitiate artist of the macabre
    Zyphora, High Scion of the Aesthete
    Entrias, fiance to Zyphora and Chancellor of Hallifax
    Maerad, painter of Windwhisper

(I do not include the examined description of Tisianna's painting here - you shall have to wait for the Collectivist art auction to behold her art in all its glory!)

Four Winds Emporium. (Hallifax City)
    Banks of clouds roil about here. Air Neophyte Tisianna is here. Shopkeeper: you 
    may BUY SHOPSIGN for 200000 gold in this shop. You see a sign here instructing 
    you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
    You see exits leading north and down (closed door).

Tisianna's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

You give a painting of a lone sable hart to Air Neophyte Tisianna.

You smile and say, "Your imagination is very lovely."

Air Neophyte Tisianna claps her hands delightedly together, her rose-hued wings 
    flaring in excitement before they settle once more.

You smile impishly and say, "Quite a diversion from the usual fare of our art 
    festivals."

Air Neophyte Tisianna's smile turns shy, her gaze not quite meeting yours as she 
    offers, "It came to me in a dream."

Air Neophyte Tisianna turns the painting over in her hands, her sweetbriar-hued 
    eyes lifting to you as she asks, "Do you think it will be well received?"

You laughingly say, "Dreams are a completely acceptable source of inspiration."

Air Neophyte Tisianna allows her smile to widen, hugging the painting briefly to 
    her chest before she nods.

You smile and say, "It is very lovely to behold - I think others will believe so 
    as well."

Air Neophyte Tisianna asks, "And I give it to Minister Irillia?"

You say, "If you'd like, I can deliver it to her when I see her next."

Entrias arrives from the north.

Entrias leans close to you and gently lays a kiss upon your forehead.

You fan your wings excitedly at Entrias, whipping up a slight breeze.

Entrias doffs a crown of the master tradesman to Tisianna.

Tisianna purses her lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as she 
    carefully gathers her thoughts.

Tisianna greets Entrias with a sincere smile.

Zephyr Tisianna asks you, "Do you think that will be easiest?"

You nod your head at Tisianna.

You smile and say, "I shall relay to her that you wish it to be sold in the art 
    auction."

Zephyr Tisianna looks from the painting to Zyphora for a bare instance, a brief 
    flash of pride touching her sweetbriar eyes before she passes the canvas back to 
    her.

Tisianna gives a painting of a lone sable hart to you.

Entrias lifts his eyebrow slightly, curious.

You smile softly at Tisianna.

You laughingly say to Tisianna, "Minister Irillia shall be quite glad to have 
    her first entry for the auction."

You say, "I plan on making one myself, but after the wedding."

You look up into the air for divine inspiration.

You smile and say, "Thank you. Feel free to submit more if you wish."

You say to Entrias, "You ought to come up with some paintings yourself."

Tisianna's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer says, "I plan on it. Maerad has a 
    painting room in the manse, I might partake of it."

Nodding his head towards the painting in Zyphora's hands, Chancellor Entrias 
    Pavok, Maintenance Engineer says, "What do we have here, then?"

You say to Entrias, "Zephyr Tisianna's entry for the art auction."

You lazily draw your wings to and fro through the air, fanning them slowly.

Zephyr Tisianna fans her wings with a tangible nervous energy, her gaze dropping 
    to the ground as she clasps her hands behind her back.

You have emoted: Provost Zyphora Windwhisper, High Scion of the Aesthete smiles 
    comfortingly at Tisianna, saying, "Would you like me to show him?"

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer smiles softly at Tisianna. "If 
    you're comfortable showing it off, of course."

Zephyr Tisianna gives a little nod.

Carefully, you give a painting of a lone sable hart to Chancellor Entrias Pavok, 
    Maintenance Engineer.

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer holds the painting at arm's 
    length, pondering it.

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer says, "Quite dark, but attractive.
     What was your inspiration for such a piece?"

Zephyr Tisianna frowns subtly, her gaze not quite lifting as she replies, "I saw 
    it in a dream."

Nodding his head, Entrias gives a painting of a lone sable hart to Zephyr 
    Tisianna.

Tisianna gives a painting of a lone sable hart to you.

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer says, "Those are often the best 
    paintings. It is quite well done."

You nod solemnly.

Snatching a glance at Zyphora, Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer 
    says, "I like to paint people while they themselves are dreaming."

Your eyes sparkle with amusement at Entrias.

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer says, "That being said, perhaps I 
    should add a room to the manse for general painting. Maerad has one to herself."

Entrias ponders Tisianna thoughtfully, looking her up and down.

Zephyr Tisianna replies lowly, her wings shifting nervously, "The Provost had to 
    help me."

Showing that he understands, Entrias nods his head slowly.

You smile and say, "I was only being faithful to the original sketch."

Entrias looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Zephyr Tisianna flashes Zyphora a brief smile once more before stilling her 
    wings, folding them neatly against her back.

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer nods at you before turning back 
    to Tisianna with a smile. "I wonder if we three might retire back to the manse 
    for a short chat, unless you are busy?"

Zephyr Tisianna gives a little nod, her head tilting curiously to the side 
    before she straightens it once more. "I haven't anything to do," she offers.

Entrias nods his head.

Entrias beckons you to him.

You begin to follow Entrias.

A comfortable painter's studio in the branches.
    Patterned with tiny mandalas, a soft rug lies here like a golden pool of 
    sunlight. A tapestry of shimmering colours weaves its threads into winged 
    Trillillial, alone amidst a maze of floating crystal patterns. Rising from 
    ground is an impressive fighting ring, crafted from black marble and edged with 
    silver. Cushioned in rich golden brocade, this low redwood couch lends an air of 
    dignified elegance to the room. An aquamarine shark floats here upon the air. 
    Zephyr Tisianna is here. Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer is here. 
    He wields a sleek beam generator in his left hand and a tidy little notepad in 
    his right.
    You see exits leading southeast (closed door), down (closed door), and in (open 
    door).

You look thoughtful and say, "Oh, Maerad is here as well."

Entrias's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer says, "Possibly doing some 
    painting, if I know her."

Entrias waves his hand dismissively.

Zephyr Tisianna asks, "Who is Maerad?"

Tisianna tilts her head curiously.

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer says, "Maerad is...well, possibly 
    our daughter. Likely our daughter."

Entrias purses his lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as he carefully 
    gathers his thoughts.

The reinforced door to the southeast is opened from the other side.

The door to the southeast slams shut.
    Maerad arrives from the southeast.

Glancing briefly at Entrias with a smile, you say, "Our to-be-adopted daughter."

Maerad blinks.

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer says, "Speaking of which."

Entrias bows respectfully to Maerad.

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer laughingly says to Maerad, "Hello,
     daughter."

Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper brushes at her hands, smearing the still-wet 
    paint into her feathers in her hurry to become presentable.

Tisianna inclines her head politely to Maerad.

Maerad curtseys gracefully.

You smile softly at Maerad.

Zephyr Tisianna says politely to Maerad, "It is a pleasure to meet you."

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer says to Maerad, "This is Tisianna,
     a bright young member of the guild, like yourself. Also a painter, it seems."

Utterly entranced, Maerad emits a long "Ooooh."

Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper smiles and says to Tisianna, "Then it is 
    very much a pleasure to meet you too."

Zephyr Tisianna flushes a deep pink, appearing uncertain as she glances over to 
    Entrias.

Fanning her wings idly, you say, "I hope you two find companionship in one 
    another in the future."

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer says to Maerad, "You can stick 
    around if you like, or are you headed off somewhere?"

Smiling warmly, you say to Tisianna, "Whether that is to be or not, I would like 
    to extend to you an invitation."

Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper says to Entrias, "I had just finished 
    another work for the auction. I am not busy. But I fear I am interrupting you 
    all!"

Entrias shakes his head at Maerad.

You say to Maerad, "Oh, we would be pleased if you could serve as witness, as a 
    Windwhisper."

Zephyr Tisianna stares at Zyphora widely, her voice hushed as she asks, "An 
    invitation for what?"

Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper rocks back and forth on the balls of her 
    feet, still clutching her canvas carefully in her hands.

Maerad tilts her head curiously at you.

You say to Tisianna, "We recognise your inherent talent for the arts, and your 
    drive to create. Such potential we strive to foster and cultivate in the House 
    of Windwhisper."

Entrias lazily draws his wings to and fro through the air, fanning them slowly.

You say to Tisianna, "If you would be so inclined, Entrias and I would request 
    you to be our daughter. We believe you would bring great honour to Windwhisper, 
    and we shall accommodate your aesthetic talents."

Wrapping an arm around Maerad, Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer 
    says, "And you would be in the best of company for artists."

Tilting her head towards Maerad, you say to Tisianna, "Maerad would be your 
    sister."

Entrias nods his head at you.

Maerad flashes Entrias a joyous smile.

Zephyr Tisianna clasps her hands before her mouth, her sweetbriar eyes going 
    impossibly wide as she looks from first Zyphora, to then Entrias. "You want -." 
    Her voice breaks off as she continues to stare, babbling with a certain 
    excitement, "You want to adopt me?" An excited energy radiates from the trill 
    before she seems to calm herself, her eyes yet wide as she nods, saying, "I 
    would - I would love that."

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

You laughingly say, "Wonderful. An advanced welcome to the family."

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer smiles and says, "There will be a 
    bit of a wait, of course, but in due time, you will fully be a member of the 
    family."

You have emoted: Provost Zyphora Windwhisper, High Scion of the Aesthete gently 
    embraces Tisianna within the span of her wings before releasing the young trill.

Zephyr Tisianna emits a little noise of excitement, merely nodding as she 
    bounces subtly in place.

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer smiles and says, "With your own 
    room in our home, to decorate and paint as you like."

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer whispers to you, "Both Tisianna 
    and Maerad bounce when they're excited. I think they get it from you."

You look up into the air for divine inspiration.

Maerad giggles happily.

Huffily, you say, "I do not bounce."

Zephyr Tisianna blushes subtly, though a delighted smile touches her lips.

Secretively, Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper whispers to Tisianna, "I'm sure 
    we get it from papa and he's just deflecting."

Entrias tilts his head back and looks up at the sky.

Zephyr Tisianna gives Maerad a brief, devious smile before her expression turns 
    shy.

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer says, "Good, you two get along 
    already."

Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper smiles broadly and says to Tisianna, "Oh! 
    You should paint something for the auction. It's ever so exciting."

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Maintenance Engineer smiles and says, "I'm afraid I 
    must rest for about a day. You three can perhaps talk it over, and maybe Maerad 
    can let Tisianna use her painting room from time to time until we can give her a 
    room of her own to paint."

Zephyr Tisianna offers with a shy glance to Maerad, "I have already. The Provost 
    is holding it."

Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper exclaims, "Ooh!"

Tisianna inclines her head politely to Entrias.

Entrias says, "Pssshhhh..."

Entrias hugs Tisianna compassionately.

Entrias hugs Maerad compassionately.

Gingerly handling it by the corners, you give a painting of a lone sable hart to 
    Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper.

Tisianna smiles softly.

You smile and say to Entrias, "Be well, love."

Entrias nods his head at Tisianna.

Entrias leans close to you and gently lays a kiss upon your forehead.

Shifting Current Maerad Windwhisper pauses as if suddenly realising her 
    exuberant state, and does her best to settle down slightly. Carefully, she takes 
    the painting from you and examines it intently.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    A factual correction to the cast list: My preferred title is all of them.

Accurate comments that will no doubt be taken as jokes aside, I want to say that my part in this completely blindsided me, and that now that I've been exposed to the idea I think that having paintings related to things that the library published hanging in that library is really cool and that all of the other organizations should see about doing it. Every library should have some bling.

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    edited April 2013
    Portius said:
    A factual correction to the cast list: My preferred title is all of them.

Accurate comments that will no doubt be taken as jokes aside, I want to say that my part in this completely blindsided me, and that now that I've been exposed to the idea I think that having paintings related to things that the library published hanging in that library is really cool and that all of the other organizations should see about doing it. Every library should have some bling.

I was stuck for painting ideas but needed to do another one for a guild task - the idea of doing illustrations sounded awesome to me, so I started going through recent literary submissions to find something that would work. And I couldn't not do the end of your book because it was so amazing :D

However, I was then utterly terrified of you seeing it, incase I'd gotten it wrong or something. Maerad was channelling my own fear. So when you liked it I almost fell off my chair.

Edited because I totally overuse the word awesome.