Overdone

Comments

• Phoebus said:
    Tea. 
    Maybe if it wasn't literally the only non-alcoholic drink option we have to work with... :(
    I tried to petition for new templates like Punch etc. Got shot down because some people think it's alcoholic. I'm like hello, hawaiian punch.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Speaking of Overdone (and I've tried to change it up myself on alts and gotten heckled), everyone is always so demure and polite and petite and civilised. I would love if the real world were like this, but come on, where are my ill-bred gutter mutts? I can't believe I'm saying this, but I want a chav.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Maybe because chavs and rednecks/trailertrash etc. could easily fall into the annoying accent zone?

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Tremula said:
    Speaking of Overdone (and I've tried to change it up myself on alts and gotten heckled), everyone is always so demure and polite and petite and civilised. I would love if the real world were like this, but come on, where are my ill-bred gutter mutts? I can't believe I'm saying this, but I want a chav.

I aim for more of a Phryne Fisher persona myself. It is fun though to see people aren't taking themselves too seriously.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Tremula said:
    You made me quit lurking so I could point out Guennie's the most noblest knightly chav in all of the First World. That's how you can imagine her speaking if she ever wakes up again and you run into her, 'cause that's what she is in my head. And yeah I got some grief for her speech early on, toned it down to about half strength and haven't gotten any complaints since. You want to keep it to moderate, tepid annoyance at worst, not anything that'll make the person reading it want to throttle you.
  • Breasts.
    Ass.
    Hips.

I'll be frank, idk if these are overdone in Lusty, because 16 years of IRE (majority in Achaea #sirens) has taught me not to read character descriptions. 

But I'm willing to bet I'm right.
  • We could do with more dragon milk
    Your numbers today are:
  • Tremula said:
    Come hang out in Gaudi?
  • Sylandra said:
    Versalean said:
    Breasts.
    Ass.
    Hips.

I'll be frank, idk if these are overdone in Lusty, because 16 years of IRE (majority in Achaea #sirens) has taught me not to read character descriptions. 

Saw an ass described as "begging to be squeezed" in the 'plex earlier this year, so yeah. :|
    LUSTERNIA HAS THE BEST DESCRIPTIONS
    Your numbers today are:
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sylandra said:
    Versalean said:
    Breasts.
    Ass.
    Hips.

Saw an ass described as "begging to be squeezed" in the 'plex earlier this year, so yeah. :|
    Well, did you squeeze it?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Shaddus said:
    Sylandra said:
    Versalean said:
    Breasts.
    Ass.
    Hips.

Well, did you squeeze it?

I've already donated to charity for this year.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I know man, that green hair thing is WAY overdone.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • green hair is a thing?
    Your numbers today are:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I had an alt who I randomly changed the fur/hair colour on every time she logged in (she was a mage, so I was going to explain it with Changeself) until A - I lost the profile in a computer meltdown and B - I failed to login too long and she got deleted (I think). No one noticed anyway.

Like, one day she'd have rose pink hair and viridian fur, next day it'd be fiery red hair and auburn fur, next day it was aquamarine and blue, etc. Kept her hair in a punkish mess, but nothing else unusual about the description aside from that. And being an otter, I guess, but...furrikin.
  • Envoys
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Phoebus said:
    Mudsex-bait descriptions. If I have to read about how voluptuous someone's supple figure is one more time, I'll barf on my keyboard.
    But my voluptuous supple figure is awesome :(
  • edited September 2016
    Cen said:
    He is a special snowflake and has legs, arms, a body, is a total babe, whatever. BUT HIS EYES are smouldering twin pools of molten gold and luminous bronze, containing the knowledge of the ages and blazing with a staggering intellect that threatens to overwhelm with the merest of glances, each glinting silver fleck of the immeasurably deep gaze like a universe of emotion and wonder unto itself as he penetrates your very being with eyes that know the darkness in your soooouuuul. Also his hair is green.
    Hot damn am I late to this party, but! I think I may use something similar to this for my Gnome description. I like it!

• Yeah the thread got revived, but here's something way overdone - People causing drama and spreading rumors just because they don't like you. It's overdone RL too, we all know that. Just seems more prominent here.
  • Hoboy am I late!

Maybe it's just because I've been here for a long time, but I roll my eyes so hard at blind RP's. In a world where we have herbs and healers that cure blindness, you're gonna tell me your character can't see at all? Pfffff :tongue:

• Pectus said:
    Hoboy am I late!

Maybe it's just because I've been here for a long time, but I roll my eyes so hard at blind RP's. In a world where we have herbs and healers that cure blindness, you're gonna tell me your character can't see at all? Pfffff :tongue:

There's a whole thing about this RP-wise and how the auras and herbs work. It's a super long lesson but try to keep it brief. The herbs we use have auric properties as well, which is why Healers and herbs are interchangeable and do the same thing. What they do is return something to it's natural state, as in without affliction. So if a character is 'naturally' blind that that is their natural state. Same thing applies with stupidity - Sure a herb or mania aura cures it, but natural stupidity has no cure in game.
    So if I want to rp a person with only one arm, your auras and a salve can't cure it?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Shaddus said:
    Or people who stutter over an aether. I despise that crap. Stuttering is a problem for people who do it, and shouldn't be used as an RP medium.
    Aethers are telepathic, so what if their thoughts don't flow as smoothly as most do, and really do "stutter"?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

edited September 2016
    That's possible, but people who stutter don't usually mentally stutter. Maybe it's just my own opinion as opposed to fact, but I doubt people who use stuttering as an RP tool actually think that out. I've never, ever met someone who would stutter speak but talked normally in aethers
  • Shaddus said:
    So if I want to rp a person with only one arm, your auras and a salve can't cure it?
    Correct! The most we've done as Healers when it comes to actual amputations or just missing a limb naturally, is the crafting and installing of prosthetic limbs. Hallifax has a book on this kind of stuff happening by @Portius as well as @Ileein making a few mentions of steel limbs etc. It's a cool way to have an excuse to play something slightly different. Tamashi himself wears glasses for reduced natural vision, but is currently working on making replacement eyes in his lab.