Ideas for new Guild-specific Astrology skills.

I came up with some guild-specific Astrology skills. Each synergises with Astrology rays in some way. This is more for fun than a serious proposal, and numbers aren't carefully considered, etc, etc.

Institute
=========
New temporary ageing skill, changes target's nativity.

Moondancers
===========
Chance to do special moon ray after using an astro ray.
Special moon ray does a random mental affliction, smart afflictor, hits after other rays.
Chance scales depending on moon phase.

New moon - 0%
Crescent - 10%
Quarter - 25%
Gibbous - 50%
Full moon - 100%

Illuminati
==========
Astro rays do a small amount of insanity per papaxi curse on the target.

Nihilists
=========
New investment, the next Constellation or Stellium used on the target costs 1 less power and is .5s faster. Lasts 1 minute or until used.

Celestines
==========
Each ray used on a target powers up the Companion, making the next attack drain 125 health and mana per ray, up to 5.

Shadowdancers
=============
If the SD holds target's shadow, after every 5th ray, squeeze the shadow for no extra balance cost.
If the SD doesn't hold the target's shadow, after every 5th ray, do 500 bleeding.

Comments

• @Shedrin - Are you talking about twist with the squeeze? Or an extra twist?
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Somewhat tangentially, could we remove the reference to Nexus Weakenings in stargaze now? It's been aaaaaaages.

See you in Sapience.
  • edited July 2016
    Salome said:

@Shedrin - Are you talking about twist with the squeeze? Or an extra twist?

I mean the same as SHADOWDANCE TWIST SQUEEZE. So it won't go up a level, but you can potentially combo the squeeze effect with the ray(s) you use.
    Twytch said:

Somewhat tangentially, could we remove the reference to Nexus Weakenings in stargaze now? It's been aaaaaaages.

I kinda like it. :P
  • I think these are all great. I've wanted there to be some special synergy in the moon skill for moondancers for a long time. One thing to consider for the nihilist idea is, what happens when that investment is doubled with harrow? Even if it's a small effect I think it's neat if something different happens if they already have that buff.