Blood and Roses

SiamSiam Whispered Voice
edited July 2016 in Event Scrolls

It's not everyday that I get to baptise new minionsspiders. Woo, @Kraw! Excuse the awkward unpolished quality. I just got back and this was all impromptu.

Promenade of roses.
The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. Kraw, Wyrden Sting is here. He wields a savage claw-like nekai in each hand.
You see exits leading out and through a clear pool.

You tug your chin thoughtfully.

As the sun passes below the horizon's edge, Mother Night unveils her terrible, shadowy beauty, spreading darkness across the land.

You have emoted: Siam Siam wades waist deep into the pool before turning around to face Kraw

Beckoning, you say, "Come."

Kraw pulls up his trousers, wading into the pool to stand before you.

Imperiously, you say, "Aslaran. You came in search of Her, She who is now beyond our senses in search of Her Brother."

Continuing, you say, "Do not be deceived by the silence of Her Web. She sees and hears and knows. The Glomdoring is Hers, as we are."

Kraw nods solemnly.

Across the heavens, the stars and moon challenge night's dark reign, revealing familiar constellations that tell the tales of myth and legend.

Tilting his head, you say, "Swear your fealty to Her, here before Her Realm."

You have emoted: Siam stills himself, a somber mien overtaking his features while he affixes a star-eyed gaze upon Kraw.

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

Kneeling down before you until the water rises to his chest, Kraw lifts his head. "I swear fealty to the Lady of Thorns. My mind and body are Hers".

Wading deeper into pool, his voice but a whisper, you ask, "Will you be Her eyes?"

Nodding, Kraw, Wyrden Sting says, "I will be Her eyes, watching over the Glomdoring as She does."

Wading even deeper into pool, his voice but a whisper, you ask, "Will you be Her ears?"

Kraw, Wyrden Sting says, "I will be Her ears, listening for those who would harm the forest, from without or within."

From the heart of the pool, you ask, "Will you be Her spider?"

Pausing for a second before nodding, Kraw, Wyrden Sting says, "I will be Her spider, crawling upon the web She weaves."

Midnight shadows coalesce around a new day, and Mother Night embraces the land in utter darkness.
It is now the 9th of Dioni, 447 years after the Coming of Estarra.

With a satisfied nod, you say, "So be it."

Mauve rose vines creeping from the garden and snaking into the pool at the sound of his voice, you say, "Become Her eyes and may you see true."

Unmindful of the rose vines now swirling around you, you say, "Become Her ears and may you hear what is unsaid."

You have emoted: Siam approaches Kraw with predatory grace

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

Plucking a rose from his wreath and placing it in your hands, you say, "Become Her spider and weave Her web. Hers is the web of the Wyrd, the web of the world and the world is but Her Web."

Softly, you say, "Weave true."

Kraw sniffs at the rose before tucking it behind an ear and nodding.

You have emoted: Siam's star-eyes flicker ominously as the rose vines rush and cocoon themselves around Kraw with preternatural speed, the waters bloom crimson as the thorns meet flesh.

Kraw winces in pain as the thorns pierce his flesh, his eyes never leaving yours.

Moving in close to whisper into Kraw's ear, you say, "And may your webs be of steel."

You baptise Kraw into the Seekers of the Rose of the Divine Order of Viravain, Lady of the Thorns.

Kraw thanks you profusely.

You have emoted: Siam wades out of the pool, his twin star-eyes glimmering with pleasure.

(Seekers of the Rose): You say, "Welcome, Kraw."

Kraw shrugs out of the vines, rising to his feet in a stream of water mixed with rivulets of blood.

Kraw, Wyrden Sting says, "Thank you."

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Comments

• Neat ritual! I can't tell that it was impromptu. Liked the timing of midnight there.
    Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    @Drocilla That fulcrux has...a certain history, doesn't it..?
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited August 2016
    Drocilla said:

I think we are all being consumed by the same question after reading this. Why were Kraw's trousers down to begin with? 8->

I like to think that he...did it this way:

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Luce said:

@Drocilla That fulcrux has...a certain history, doesn't it..?

That's a spot in Lady Viravain's temple, so no.

As for my pants, I was pulling up the legs of my pants to wade into the pool!