Combat help and advice.

2»

Comments

• edited August 2016
    I was thinking about building and killing with some afflictions. I've gone through some of the abilities I've got to test them more thoroughly. Now some afflictions seem to be effected sizeably by the level of wounds. I timed damagedskull cureing it at critical and it was aprox 3.5 seconds to cure at critical wounds and about 1.3 seconds at light. Other afflictions seem to be cured instantly no matter what I do like the arm and leg breaks. So theres basically no point in having any thing higher than 5 wounds on arms and legs and I basically have to ignore any wounding that dosnt build wounds in one v one, so knock down and stuff like that is essentially a waste of time outside of situational use.

Once I manage to get wounds to critical on the head I can do a double strike of blackeye and smashchest, then strike smash head and blackout to kill. Assuming no passive healing ticks and no afflictions are parried then this will kill.

There are only two ways I can give black out, to get the brainbash kill, first smashskull even at critical only lasts for three seconds so if I'm using it I have to use it in the same combo as brainbash. its simply too short to be of use for the kill other than in the combo.

Collapsedlung takes about 4 seconds to cure but dosnt delay ice applications at all even when waiting to cure it. The blackout only last 1.5 seconds but reoccurs. This one seems an odd one, going for brainbash, collapsedlung could be a bit counter productive, it seems a bit too risky because the blackout is very short and it gives the immunity which could screw up your timing really badly if your trying to squeeze in an attack before the enemy stalls you or runs. So I cant combo smashskull if collapsedlung is ticking the immunity either. Also its harder to track as it keeps ticking and I won't know if the enemy has cured it with allheale or what not.

The gut wounds are either a 1 second paralysis cure or a 1-3 second balance disrupt, these seems more defensive based or situational. Plus against equi classes its less effective as their abilities can line up with the disrupt so they have no noticeable or very minimal downtime. Simply breaking their arms seems a much better hinderance and it has the added benefit of requiring an ice application.

The basic summary I'm getting is simply dont use any afflictions other than double arm break until your ready to kill or until you need something to stall the enemy.

It seems like the only main thing I lack is a good way to keep targets pinned in place, knock downs, leg breaks, stuns and winds even at critical still allow the opponent to heal them before I've recovered balance and just walk out of the room. I can block one exit, I understand I could get a beast that can block another. I understand other warrior specs have better control than the bonecrusher with critical wounds on the legs and such but would you recomend using icewalls against most classes or is there better ways to pin people down that I'm missing?

EDIT: and my main areas to punish people are the chest and head.
  • All ice afflictions except damagedlimbs have a delay depending on the wounds.

I'd try adding in the chest stun for hindering if needed. You can stack wind + knockdown balance loss if you do them in the right order (I forget what it is.)

I don't think there's any combination you can do that will keep someone in the room 100%. If someone really wants to run from you, they will, and that's the case for every class in the game. Just chase em if they don't leave the area entirely.
  • edited August 2016
    Mardella said:

I was thinking about building and killing with some afflictions. I've gone through some of the abilities I've got to test them more thoroughly. Now some afflictions seem to be effected sizeably by the level of wounds. I timed damagedskull cureing it at critical and it was aprox 3.5 seconds to cure at critical wounds and about 1.3 seconds at light. Other afflictions seem to be cured instantly no matter what I do like the arm and leg breaks. So theres basically no point in having any thing higher than 5 wounds on arms and legs and I basically have to ignore any wounding that dosnt build wounds in one v one, so knock down and stuff like that is essentially a waste of time outside of situational use.

Once I manage to get wounds to critical on the head I can do a double strike of blackeye and smashchest, then strike smash head and blackout to kill. Assuming no passive healing ticks and no afflictions are parried then this will kill.

There are only two ways I can give black out, to get the brainbash kill, first smashskull even at critical only lasts for three seconds so if I'm using it I have to use it in the same combo as brainbash. its simply too short to be of use for the kill other than in the combo.

Collapsedlung takes about 4 seconds to cure but dosnt delay ice applications at all even when waiting to cure it. The blackout only last 1.5 seconds but reoccurs. This one seems an odd one, going for brainbash, collapsedlung could be a bit counter productive, it seems a bit too risky because the blackout is very short and it gives the immunity which could screw up your timing really badly if your trying to squeeze in an attack before the enemy stalls you or runs. So I cant combo smashskull if collapsedlung is ticking the immunity either. Also its harder to track as it keeps ticking and I won't know if the enemy has cured it with allheale or what not.

The gut wounds are either a 1 second paralysis cure or a 1-3 second balance disrupt, these seems more defensive based or situational. Plus against equi classes its less effective as their abilities can line up with the disrupt so they have no noticeable or very minimal downtime. Simply breaking their arms seems a much better hinderance and it has the added benefit of requiring an ice application.

The basic summary I'm getting is simply dont use any afflictions other than double arm break until your ready to kill or until you need something to stall the enemy.

It seems like the only main thing I lack is a good way to keep targets pinned in place, knock downs, leg breaks, stuns and winds even at critical still allow the opponent to heal them before I've recovered balance and just walk out of the room. I can block one exit, I understand I could get a beast that can block another. I understand other warrior specs have better control than the bonecrusher with critical wounds on the legs and such but would you recomend using icewalls against most classes or is there better ways to pin people down that I'm missing?

EDIT: and my main areas to punish people are the chest and head.

What Shango taught me is that you should get up to critical head and heavy/critical chest then hit the person with smashchest and black eye and then on the next round hit blackout and bashbrain. Also the higher the enemies wounds on the chest the longer blackout lasts. You can possibly just block the exits yourself and lay pits/spikepits with some icewalls around it, but a lot of people have tumble which will make it even harder to keep them in the room.
  • Warrior is all about your mental state. if you want to win solo fights, you're gonna have a bad time. Forget those are a thing and configure yourself for groups, where you mindlessly whack people with boring yet effective low level afflictions and occasionally a bland and unsatisfying damage kill. Enjoy.

• Hi few more quick questions.

http://dumptext.com/0NDjijMO

Both me and Anelissa could not figure out how she pulled off that insta kill. She assumed there was some sort of relapse poison because we were both under the impression that the target had to be prone which you can see in my prompt I'm not.

If I'm reading this right "You gasp and clutch your chest as it is struck with a crack." is the ability they use to prep the insta kill, Its cured by apply regen and cures in about four seconds. The next ability used on me after that is the insta kill which killed me about 3.5 seconds after the first ability was used.

Is there something were missing here or did we get the abilities wrong?
  • I'm a little bit confused. Do you have the whole log by chance? Timestamps are also great.

Last I checked, and last I used it, the requirements are sprawled and faltering heart. At a glance of what's here, pretty sure it should have failed.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • mmm cant quite find the log, actually with that, is there a way to make mudlet auto log everything in html?

Also is there a handy free html file editor so I can can crop out useless bits and what site do you guys usually use to post html logs?

• I usually just highlight the entire section -> Right click 'copy as HTML' and paste into a notepad which I save as .html. I personally just use dropbox and share the link when changing the tag at the end to raw instead of dl.

As to an editor I'm not entirely sure, I usually just post the whole chunk.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it