Dramaturgy

1235»

Comments

• World War III. Combat evolution!!

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • So, I've had time to play with the skill set some both testing and in actual combat. Here are my observations.
    The good
    Mendacity is cool - the next attack from a specified target misses and they are hit with 4 seconds of balance loss that is in place of whatever the eq or balance for the attack would normally be.
    Pratfall, for me, does about 1k damage, sprawl and 2 seconds of off balance. A significant improvement over forward flip.
    The pretty solid
    Then there are the small bonus to dodge, a damage bonus to people who lust you (which I'm sure will be nerfed to near zero), a switcheroo if you are beckoned and an influence bonus.

The affliction combinations are kinda meh for the power and balance cost and that you are limited to only having 5 combinations at any one time (long eq and inspiration cost to change out affs). But it does have about a billion percent increase as far as utility and other stuff (custom attack messages) over hexes so........

Stupidity/anorexia will be a potent combination symphonia and cantor targeted aeon abilities and for minstrel command denial.
    I think changing up a few of the affs to give other specs something to capitalize on would help some but we can work all that out if they ask for a special report.

my 2 cents

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Does Etiquette potency increase with the skill level of both Dramatics and Dramaturgy?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Supposedly, it just doubles the bonus from dramatics.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I have a relevant question! I was wondering if Foppery adds even a meager amount of DMP against denizen attacks on proc, as base Dodging does. I imagine it doesn't, given that the AB doesn't have a number included (and it would probably be >1 anyways, given the slight bonus it does provide to pvp dodging), but I'm extremely curious.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • The ab doesn't say it gives damage reduction so it probably doesn't but on the other hand the damage reduction from dodge doesn't show up on bodyscan so I can't really test it.

Might be something we can bring up if the admin requests a special report for dramaturgy though. Could be that you are so very fabulous that the denizens are reluctant to hurt you. And really, what foppish bard isn't dripping with fabulocity.

• edited April 2013
    Eritheyl said:
    I have a relevant question! I was wondering if Foppery adds even a meager amount of DMP against denizen attacks on proc, as base Dodging does. I imagine it doesn't, given that the AB doesn't have a number included (and it would probably be >1 anyways, given the slight bonus it does provide to pvp dodging), but I'm extremely curious.
    It does - it's the standard dodge DMP.

Basically, Foppery just increases your chance to dodge - or gives you one, if you don't already have one.