Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Nana Nana Nana CROWMAN! ~cough~ >.=.>

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Maellio said:
    Nana Nana Nana CROWMAN! ~cough~ >.=.>

Considering the Ebonguard Special Honours is "The Dark Knight."

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Could we get some stuff that encourages the building of manses?

Not sure if it's so much in this thread or if it should be another one but at the moment I'm kinda thinking of a skill that you use dingbats/credits to learn, within which are abilities to create constructs within your manse that have various powers. They would be expensive on top of the requirement of a unique room per construct with the option to customize them like any permanent item.

With just that basic level my immediate thought is to allow the construction of a gateway that lets the owner prized back to their manse (and replace prized with something attractive).

And then I thought about constructs that would serve as like display rooms for various collections (such as the doll collections or curio collections), maybe even with cute effects like if you have the Luna, Selene, and Albion dolls in the same room maybe they give the room an ambient.

Maybe something to reduce the curio clutter without losing their abilities like some sort of stand that you put them on and if you have a full collection there you can teleport to your manse through the gateway under the same rules as touching a *bix, and then touch the stand to teleport wherever they take you.

• An artifact that lets you search aetherplex shops (for wares only) as if you were standing in the Aetherplex Chamber performing PORTAL SEARCH SHOPS <whatever>. It's half-way to a good idea I think. Shop patrons might be interested in such an artifact so they could do realtime price comparisons from local shops in a city or commune, or to just to keep an eye on an item they might be working towards. Shop owners (such as myself) might be interested in such an artifact for similar reasons, a convenient way to keep an eye on the competition. 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Pedestals that you can put dolls on and keep them from resetting to you.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Turn it from a pedestal into a wall shelf, allow it to hold up to six dolls at once, and you have yourself a deal.
  • wallshelfisartifactshelfusedtodisplayyoursplendidpossessionsbutkeepsthemfromresettingtoyouandnobodyelsecantakethemyespleasethankyou
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    A Bubble of Popularity+ that gives five additional clan slots at once instead of one.

Maybe costing 100cr, giving the fifth free? Or at least at a slight discount, maybe 115cr.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Or, expanding on this, since it was part of that discussion, a trademaster's deed, which allows you to combine cartels into one clan.  Could act as the following:

DEED SET NAME <name> - set the name of your combined cartels

DEED SET ALIAS <alias> - set the alias of your combined cartels

DEED READ - lists the aliases and names of all cartels within the deed.

This would essentially get rid of all of the separate news boards and chats, combining them all into the Deed's Name (so you would have one CLT, or DT if you wanted to change it to match Deed that you can chat on, and could READNEWS <Deed Alias> for only the deed).  This would be a permanent change, so it would stop people from just deeding/undeeding at whimsy to clear out clan slots.  You could also not change the clan owner, so these would permanently be yours.

As for the Cartel side of it, you'd still use the separate clan aliases for all cartel commands, so DESIGN LIST <clan alias> would still just show designs for that cartel.  You could also still set TM's for these.  In CLANHELP <deed alias> (or DEEDHELP <deed alias>) it would have a list of all trademasters under that deed, followed by ranks, and so forth.

This would still give you the functionality of clans (channel and newsboard) while allowing you to clear up slots in your clans.  Could set a limit (say 1 of each type of cartel, or a max of 10, with multiples available).

I justify a lesser cost than the bubbles if only for the fact that you lose separate newsboards and channels.

Could cost credits, OR, if you want to go into gold sinks, make it something you can purchase with gold.  I'd pay an additional 1 or 2 million gold for this, on top of what it costs for clan/cartels.

• Unfortunately, the way organizations are coded more or less locks them into one trade type per cartel.
  • Eventru said:
    Unfortunately, the way organizations are coded more or less locks them into one trade type per cartel.

Yay, new code -avoids evil glares and shoes thrown his way-

(j/k, by the way, just the hopes and dreams of someone with too many cartels!)

I do wish cartels were just a completely separate entity, and have the clan features removed once upgraded. That's probably an unpopular idea, though, and would definitely require more effort than it's worth.

>_>

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited March 2013
    Eritheyl said:
    I do wish cartels were just a completely separate entity, and have the clan features removed once upgraded. That's probably an unpopular idea, though, and would definitely require more effort than it's worth.

>_>
    I would still like one newsboard and channel, but having one for each is a bit much.  Maybe you can pay to get rid of them and have it not take a clan slot?
  • An arti like the seeing stone that lets you gaze <roomnumber>.

It would have its uses for sure!
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Ciaran said:

An arti like the seeing stone that lets you gaze <roomnumber>.

It would have its uses for sure!
    That... Seems like a really bad idea. Maybe even worse than when people were using dementia to see into unbuilt areas. Heh, people would be trying to look at every room in the game...
  • Ah well my mind doesn't work that way, I was just thinking of its uses for utility/combat.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
    Dementia...? Unbuilt areas...?

What was this witchcraft, I need the whole story :I

-

• When you do ql or move (so your ql updates) with the dementia aff, you get the possibility of seeing a random room with random people inside it. It also makes you say nonsense when you try to speak in other games, not sure if it works like that here, since I've never tried. (Good for blocking the command-based cubixes of the other games. I remember happily preventing a mage from running away when things went bad after he put down his retardation vibe by using dementia. Ahh, memories.)

I'm guessing there's a measure to stop it from picking up areas that are half-built/desc'd but not yet released now. But before that, it would theoretically be possible to dementia yourself and keep spamming ql to see rooms like that. I've never tried, but definitely possible, I guess.

The idea for that artifact can be usable if you give it limits. You have to go to a room to set it to enable gazing into that room. It can only hold up to 5 rooms. The rooms reset every month, ala paradox puzzles. Tada, perfect.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I honestly don't know why you couldn't just limit it to rooms you can MAP <room number> to.
  • edited March 2013
    Have cartels be to clans as little ships are to big ships. Dockable!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    A way to dissolve a cartel and make all of the patterns public

or

A way to transfer designs to public, but only from private, non-deeded cartels.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Cam we get an artifact that allows us to dream? I can't sleep long enough to dream. :(

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Siam said:

Cam we get an artifact that allows us to dream? I can't sleep long enough to dream. :(

It's called... find a Dreamweaver to make the magic happen. :D

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Siam said:

You only wake up when you're at full endurance (which is why some sleep attacks drain a miniscule amount of endurance too). SM ADD REPEAT TUMBLE E|TUMBLE W, wait a few minutes, SM CLEAR, then sleep.
  • I think shouting drains a big chunk of endurance.

That's just silly. Make beds allow you to sleep indefinitely! /rally

-

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Dreamweavers should also have a utility ability that lets them put willing targets to sleep until the WAKE, with an agree or something, rah! Replace one of the filler abilities the skillset currently has!
  • I prefer the idea of letting beds let you sleep forever myself. Relying on a dreamsleeper and an AGREE command just to sleep at will just sounds... odd.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Dreamhammocks, please!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited April 2013
    I would like a manse artifact that makes a room count as Faethorn and cosmic for purposes of guardian/wiccan insanity regeneration, open channels and summoning.