Looking for Parents/Mentor/RP in Serenwilde/Glomdoring!

I'm looking for two things.

Most particularly, I'm looking for an established Wyrden character to be a somewhat neglectful and aloof mentor that might have done the most to raise my character from a young age - as he would have been, at least effectively, an orphan in Glomdoring.

I'm also interested in (although this is less crucial) a pair of elfen parents - or at any rate a pair of parents that includes at least one elfen. They would need to be from Serenwilde. They'd be unlikely to have seen their son since he was a small child, and might very well think he were dead.

I'm looking for people who are into dramatic longform RP - that's very important to me. It's also highly possible that this character will not remain in Glomdoring, and so I'm also looking for someone (as the mentor character) who would see that more as an opportunity for RP and less as a slight or wasted investment.

I'd also like to discuss background details with anyone who'd like to get involved. My character will likely be an Ebonguard PB or BM with Crow magic, to start with, if that matters at all. They will not be Aisyrion, but another character I intend to create within the next few weeks when I Retire my main on MKO.

I look forward to any responses and thank you for reading :)

Comments

• There are elfen folks in Glomdoring, doesn't have to be a family in Seren! (But I told you this already :D )

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Your RP requests are very....specific.
  • Your RP requests are very....specific.
    Not forcing anyone to bite. Just putting them out there.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Speaking from experience, easiest way to have an orphaned or good-as-orphaned character is probably to let the parents be NPCs. Caoimhe Dell is full of Elfen who have little time for much but...uh...cavorting, and even has a quest with a pair of star-crossed lovers that I do NOT recommend as potential parents directly, but might not be a bad place to start. 

Odd that none of the villages is predominantly Elfen, come to think, but I guess Serenwilde is supposed to be the Elfen centre of the Basin. 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Serenwilde has a basically unlimited number of 'off screen' elfen npcs, if you end up needing that.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    OH!

Also, going through the Portal absolutely WRECKS memories, by the way. Both the Fate-Touched's, and others' memories of them. My understanding (and published works' agreement) is that without help of some sort, denizens will never remember an Adventurer's pre-Portal life. And even if they do, it won't be easily connected to a specific Adventurer. Your Elfen parents might know they had a son/daughter, but even if you came up to and conversed with them, they'd likely just think "Wow, this strange elf kind of looks like us." "Well, no accounting for Adventurers."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    One thing to consider with families in Lusternia - a lot people organize their families based on an org, particularly if you're joining a historical family. For example, my character was born to House Windwhisper then married into House Shevat, both of which are historical Hallifaxian families. It's important to the core of those families that they choose members most likely to stay in the city of Hallifax. Does everyone? Of course not. But if you're looking for a Serenwilde family while playing in Glomdoring, it may be a bit harder to find what you're looking for.

What I might recommend is adoption roleplay. This is what @Daraius does, as he's a loboshigaru who grew up in Celest but eventually joined the lucidian and Hallifaxian family of Shevat. Arel and Nihmriel "adopted" him into their family, even though when you do FAMILY TREE DARAIUS, there's nothing that says so. It's a widely accepted type of roleplay, especially for children of parents who are different races. You could be adopted into a Glomdoring aligned family but declare yourself a non-biological member, essentially.

It's also useful to acknowledge that @Luce is right and the Portal of Fate messes with the memories of those who walk through it. That's why you "discover" your family, as opposed to just walking out of the Portal knowing it, in an RP-sense. I hope this helps in some way!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."