General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    We lost it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Hmm, really sorry to hear that. Um, if it helps miscarriages are really common, like over a quarter of all pregnancies. So, maybe another female family member knows what she's going through?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited August 2016
    the only reason why I'm not a serial killer is because I'm not smart enough to plan a crime and get away scott-free.  (f*ck ethics) Some people just need to be made to go away, permanently.

---------------------------

why do all romance writers of any stripe write female leads as characters who are generally to stupid to live? it's rare to find a good yarn tagged as 'romance' where the heroine isn't a cardboard cutout. :/
    is dead like the dodo
  • edited August 2016
    Xeria said:
    why do all romance writers of any stripe write female leads as characters who are generally to stupid to live? it's rare to find a good yarn tagged as 'romance' where the heroine isn't a cardboard cutout. :/
    If it's any help, you're not alone-- it's also nearly impossible to find a well-written gay relationship in fiction; they're nearly always twisted to fit that same "one is a gruff manly unemotional muscly dude and the other is a cookie cutter pretty boy with emotions" that's taken from bad straight romance.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • edited August 2016
    yep, i think it's easier to find books that are essentially an excuse to play "you put what where???" or "Hide the sausage" that don't make you want to shoot the author in the head. :(

@Ileein
    is dead like the dodo
  • Clients that don't understand that resources are finite, and I cannot do things for them simply because they really really want me to. "So you don't want this contract." "It's not a matter of want, sir, it's a matter of cannot. I cannot afford what you are asking for." "Well Wells Fargo is going to buy it if you don't." "SO SEND IT TO WELLS FARGO JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH"
  • I made a Mutants and Mastermind's 2nd edition module for a gaming convention, but I can't find anyone with which to playtest the module.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Stomach ulcers suck. I can't have good food, alcohol and I am in pain about half of my day. I'm so tired of water too.
    Your numbers today are:
  • So started back to school to finish my degree. Was like I can finish this writing assignment at work cause well it's slow.... And of course today there had to be long meetings all day. So guess I pumped out 800 words in ten minutes
  • I really wish they'd just tell me if I got the job or not. I feel like I'm going to projectile vomit all the time with anxiety. 
  • I really wish they'd just tell me if I got the job or not. I feel like I'm going to projectile vomit all the time with anxiety. 
    This is how I feel right now. :(

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Annick said:
    So started back to school to finish my degree. Was like I can finish this writing assignment at work cause well it's slow.... And of course today there had to be long meetings all day. So guess I pumped out 800 words in ten minutes
    This is why I set my online degree work aside. The absolute NANOsecond you pick it up, that's when your situation changes and makes it hard to keep up with.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I want to call out of work because my insides are tearing themselves apart and I can hardly move without pain. On the other hand, if I call out of work, it reflects badly on me, so I daren't. Is this adulthood?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • For Millennials in the US, yes.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Dylara said:
    I really wish they'd just tell me if I got the job or not. I feel like I'm going to projectile vomit all the time with anxiety. 
    Third'd
  • Krackenor said:
    Dylara said:
    I really wish they'd just tell me if I got the job or not. I feel like I'm going to projectile vomit all the time with anxiety. 
    Third'd
    It's two weeks today of waiting for me (mind you I'm still hunting) and if I don't have an email tomorrow I'm sending a follow up one. 

The nerves!

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• So student loans screwed around so much that I missed deadline for registration. So now I have to wait a semester, because the government is a bunch of screw ups.
  • Decided to brush the dust off the ol' WoW subscription and take a look at WoW:Legion.

Battle.net is down due to a DoS attack.

Keeping a firm grip on my $$ as a result :-p
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Got an email regarding the job today, said it's waiting on the results of another posting so I won't find out until Friday at the earliest, Monday at the latest. 

I'm gonna go curl up in the corner.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Sakaki said:
    Decided to brush the dust off the ol' WoW subscription and take a look at WoW:Legion.

Battle.net is down due to a DoS attack.

Keeping a firm grip on my $$ as a result :-p
    See previous Poodlecorp comment.
  • Dylara said:
    Got an email regarding the job today, said it's waiting on the results of another posting so I won't find out until Friday at the earliest, Monday at the latest. 

At least they've told you in the meantime! I have a post it next to my desk to track how many people ask me if I've heard anything yet. They haven't told me anything since my interview, and I was supposed to find out by last Friday or by today. Still nothing!
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Dylara said:
    Got an email regarding the job today, said it's waiting on the results of another posting so I won't find out until Friday at the earliest, Monday at the latest. 

At least they've told you in the meantime! I have a post it next to my desk to track how many people ask me if I've heard anything yet. They haven't told me anything since my interview, and I was supposed to find out by last Friday or by today. Still nothing!
    If you were supposed to find out already, send a follow-up email. Just phrase it nicely and see if you're still in the running.

It shows that you are interested and eager, but since it's already after the 'deadline' imposed by them, it's not overreaching.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Dylara said:

Also this. This exact thing is why I don't like telling family or friends things before they actually happen
  • Dylara said:

I actually emailed her asking politely first how her vacation was, and then slid in how I was waiting on the decision and understood she might still be catching up. If I hadn't,  I'd still be waiting.

I actually like this person, having worked in the same office before so I didn't want to come off too needy. Meanwhile I'm sitting in a job that may promote someone who actively bullies people (including me) so I had a bit of a panic attack today. :( 

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I am cursed with a name no one can spell properly just by hearing it. If they magically know how to spell Phoebus (yaaay!), my first name still gets them. This is what I got today while calling about an appointment:

"What's your name?" 
    "Allyson Phoebus."
    "Uh...I don't see you...how do you spell your last name?"
    "P-h-o-e-b-u-s."
    "Ummm...no, I still don't...you said your name was Alison?"
    "It's Allyson with an A-l-l-y." 
    "Oh, there you are."

I can't really blame anyone for getting tripped up by it, but it's still tiresome to always go through. :expressionless: I'd just spell my name out from the start every time if it didn't feel kinda rude to do so.
  • The solution is simple: Business cards.