Toronto Meet 2016

Hey - Was talking to @Dylara recently and @Rancoura at various points last year about setting up a Toronto meet.  I'm not sure how many people in the area still play but please post if you're interested and/or ideas of what you'd like to do.  In the past we've gone to the Ontario Science Centre and met up for dinner/drinks.  A Pokemon Go walk is also an option.

Comments

• @Acrune....this might be a good time to visit :P
  • Pokemon Go walk is always a win. We could go downtown!

I'm also always up for the Science Centre any time. There's a bunch of points right there for the PGOers.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited July 2016
    Yess, my weekends are for the most part free now, so I am completely down for this. I have not jumped on the Pokemon Go wagon yet, but I'll still be entertained walking with you guys while you look!

Science Centre is a good idea, or we could walk along Harbourfront, or go to the Art Gallery of Ontario, or the Royal Ontario Museum (there's a glass art exhibit on right now that looks incredible - http://www.rom.on.ca/en/chihuly / http://www.chihuly.com/ )

@Avurekhos should also get his city on for this, just saying.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• @Ardmore too, he keeps saying he wants to visit >:D

If we do this on a weekend it needs to be far enough in advance I can get a day off. Sorry, right now I am only guaranteed weekend shifts, I have no problem losing a day just need to let the bosses know.

And if I'm lucky, I'll have a new job soon and wont need to work weekends all the time! :D

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

We could aim for sometime in the middle or end of August, perhaps?

Before an earthly flight

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    If only Toronto weren't 11.5 hours away :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I have been summoned. Unfortunately, this stag might not be able to make it to the big city this year. I will have to grace you with my antlers in spirit while I stay in my big RL forest! Times are rough, and all that. Hope fun is had however! :)

Everiine said:
    I've heard the trip is significantly shorter by flight!  ;;)

Before an earthly flight

• Everiine said:
    You have lots of time to plan the trip.  ;))

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Significantly shorter and significantly more expensive :P . Vacation time is also really, really tight for me. It sounds like a I get a lot off, but I end up taking bits here and there to see family, and then there are two big chunks in December and June that knock out most of the rest. And full weekends are, unsurprisingly, very difficult for me to do since, you know... Sunday I kinda have to be around :) . I'll make it to Toronto one day!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    @Sylvanas and @Alaksanteri and any other neighbouring people would be welcome too, if they can make it over here! :)

Before an earthly flight

• Oh wow, Montreal to Toronto is a really reasonable price. Train is only around $100 round trip and bus is around $80 round trip.

(I've always wanted to go on the train. Would be worth the extra $20 for the experience I think. :) )
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • You should come down for sure!

• So it seems like either August 20/21 or August 27/28.  Anyone have a preference on which weekend and either Saturday or Sunday?
    Either weekend works for me, but I'd rather a Saturday for the ability to stay out late and all that :)

Before an earthly flight

• Okay! I'm setting the date to be August 20, 2016 at the ROM. I took a look at the Pokestops around the Ontario Science Center and it's pretty terrible. Let me know if you have any objections. If we get bored of the ROM and Pokehunting there are a lot of other things to do/places to eat at downtown so I think it'll be more convenient. We'll need a time to meet at as well - not sure how early people way up or whether they have other things to do that day. The ROM opens at 10am. Here is info for admission - http://www.rom.on.ca/en/visit-us/tickets-hours If we do total ROM experience which includes Tattoos and Chihuly it'll be $33 for adults and $29 for students (it says students are ages 15 to 25 - not sure how strict they are about this).  

I think both Dylara and Rancoura have my number but if you are planning on coming and need it, please PM me!

Yess, I am so down for this. The ROM closes at 5:30, so we should probably try to meet around 3PM at the latest (each of the special exhibits will probably take almost an hour to see).

Before an earthly flight

• I'd like to see the rest of the ROM as well since I haven't been in awhile. I'm tentatively setting the time to be 12:00 pm on August 20, 2016 outside the ROM. Let me know if this is too early - people can always show up whenever and meet up with the group.

So far, I only have me, Rancoura and Dylara as confirmed attendees. If you are planning on coming, could you please post/message me so I know who to look out for. Thanks.
  • So I'm in a bit of a weird situation, I'm working between two stores for the same company, my actual boss has approved the day off, but I was apparently already scheduled at the other store so that manager needs to give approval. I probably wont find out until the week before if I am absolutely able to come.

• Unfortunately I won't be able to make it due to some RL stuff that is going on. I really wish I could. :(
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • @Dylara we could move it if you can't do August 20. Do you know which day would be better for you?
  • Lyora said:

@Dylara we could move it if you can't do August 20. Do you know which day would be better for you?

Honestly, I have no idea right now. I'm going to just keep hoping I have it off. :<

I have a job interview this week, at my old work, so with any luck I should be a little freer on the weekends to come. :)

• Okay...August 20 gossip date with @Rancoura is still on! @Dylara - don't you want to partake in the gossip? Better come! We will be talking about @Xenthos and @Crek :P

If you end up not being able to make it, I'm sure we could organize another meet! Hope to see you there.
  • I'm almost positive I'm coming :)

• Confirmed day off, I'll be there! Meeting at the ROM still?

I think so. So this coming Saturday, 12PM outside the ROM. :)

Before an earthly flight

• I'm here outsideby the Michael lee-chin crystal in hindsight should've messaged someone with contact details but alas tired brain foiled me again. 

• Well inside now, too hot outside just past the ticket gate will wait a bit longer. 

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I hope you find them!
  • Come to the boutique. Rancoura is gonna be another 15.