Real World Raves

Comments

• Ssaliss said:

I expect to see a rant against them in half a year! :D

Iosai and I have been plotting an evil scheme to time-warp them into believing it is in fact the fall again, so they just give us ANOTHER hour.
  • Eventru said:
    Iosai and I have been plotting an evil scheme to time-warp them into believing it is in fact the fall again, so they just give us ANOTHER hour.
    That wouldn't be very efficient... And I'd worry about the stability of the time line if we just kept on adding on hours without thinking of the consequences. Still... another hour to do science in. Have you thought about trying to bribe the Institute instead of hatching evil schemes?
  • Haqikah said:

Eventru said:

Ssaliss said:

That wouldn't be very efficient... And I'd worry about the stability of the time line if we just kept on adding on hours without thinking of the consequences. Still... another hour to do science in. Have you thought about trying to bribe the Institute instead of hatching evil schemes?

Evil schemes cost less. More money to buy strippers and booze to fill the extra two hours every year with.

• I think every four years we should just make them give us an extra day.
  • edited November 2012
    Bryna said:
    I think every four years we should just make them give us an extra day.
    Only if we all get that day off for strippers and booze.

(Including the strippers.)
  • Saw Rock of Ages this week.  The plot wasn't the best, but it was okay.

The singing however was great.  As a fan of classic rock, I was enjoying every number.  Tom Cruise made a viable rock star.  I really enjoyed Julianne Hough, and she worked well with whoever the other dude was.
    Stangmar - Retired

• edited February 2014

• Surgery on Monday yay

no more gallstones. ever.
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot

Your Amazon.com order of "Adventure Time Vol. 1" has shipped!

Never bought comics before...
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Huzzah, I've finally gotten my desktop up and properly software'd.

Now if it only had more than 512MB of RAM, which I'm leaving as a Rave because it amuses me how outdated it wasn't once.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• I just ordered 8 GB of RAM today for my laptop :D

4 GB doesn't leave enough free memory for me anymore on Windows 7, since I do a ton of multitasking.  8 GB will serve me nicely, especially since I will very likely be upgrading to Windows 8 Pro while the special $39.99 offer lasts.
    Stangmar - Retired

• MoiMoi
    edited November 2012
    Finally switched to Firefox. Is pretty cool. I irrationally miss the little bar down where the url of the link I was mousing over goes. It was my little buddy. Still, he had to be sacrificed for the greater good.

E: Update. There is an add on that brings back the status bar. Yay.
  • What browser did you convert from?  Internet Explorer?
    Stangmar - Retired

• Despite my heavy involvement in this year's political season(on both national and local levels) I am SO glad to have all of the campaigning over with, and I think everybody shares in my sentiment.  Maybe we can have a break for a month from the bickering and the annoying ads :D

Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:
    I just ordered 8 GB of RAM today for my laptop :D

4 GB doesn't leave enough free memory for me anymore on Windows 7, since I do a ton of multitasking.  8 GB will serve me nicely, especially since I will very likely be upgrading to Windows 8 Pro while the special $39.99 offer lasts.
    I must determine how to do that on my G53J. I'm constantly riding around with 90% of my RAM in use and it makes things ssssllloooooooooow.
  • My laptop only has 2GB of RAM and I never get even close to using that. Granted, I use Linux and a very lightweight WM, but still.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Borrowed Saga from a friend. Very cool world.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I love that moment when things change from dead silence to the sudden sound of torrential rainfall. 
  • Stangmar said:

I must determine how to do that on my G53J. I'm constantly riding around with 90% of my RAM in use and it makes things ssssllloooooooooow.
    Manufacturer and model? I should be able to figure out what RAM you need.
    Stangmar - Retired

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Whee! There is going to be a solar eclipse in about an hour from the timestamp of this post and there is very little cloud, should be almost perfect viewing conditions for it...
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    We had a partial eclipse here in Brisbane this morning, was pretty awesome! I took a photo but it's hard to tell except for the red glow on one side of the sun.

• Lavinya said:
    We had a partial eclipse here in Brisbane this morning, was pretty awesome! I took a photo but it's hard to tell except for the red glow on one side of the sun.
    I missed it! Didn't even know it was happening :(
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Lavinya said:
    From what I heard the best view was in Cairns, which got a full 100% eclipse.  Here in Auckland it was only around 90% eclipsed.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Stangmar said:
    Stangmar said:

ASUS G53JW good sir.
  • Rave @Tremula, @Decuex, @Lavinya for the awersome and on-the-spot RP!
    MOAR! :P
  • Stangmar said:
    Stangmar said:

ASUS G53JW good sir.
    That's the line, but there is still a model number after the G53JW.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Today my Strategic Design class had a concept presentation for our client. There were eight groups in total, and as part of the presentation, all groups, teachers included, were to vote on the best concept, as the winners would get to visit the factory of the client and make chocolate.

Our group won.

With 68 points.

The joint second place had 17 points.

4x as many points. To win by such a landslide... *swoon* I am so very, very, VERY happy right now.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.