Town of Salem

Haven't seen it mentioned but Town of Salem seems like a pretty fun mafia game, allows for parties and custom set ups from the looks of it. I'm Sairys on there.

Comments

• oo, differences. Once someone is voted for, you get to vote if they're guilty or innocent, so they could still get out of the lynch. Also, you have a will that's displayed to everyone when you die, so like... even if you can't claim everything you can put your notes from each day there and people can see what you would have revealed.
  • Sounds neat I'll check it out when I get home from work!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Oh! I have that game :O
  • edited September 2016
    Frankly, Town of Salem is an awful facsimile of mafia. The game is poorly balanced with some roles being far stronger than others. (See, Jailer being Vig, Doc and Roleblocker *and* able to talk with their target during the night with no real drawback to killing wrongly, where the Vig will commit suicide). The game is so strongly slanted towards town. Mafia have no opportunity to ninja-lynch due to the guilty/innocent system. The will system means that investigators never need to consider if it's worth exposing themselves to share information with town. People can freely whisper to one another, thus hiding information from town. And the game lets everyone know all roles that exist in the game from the beginning, meaning that scum will immediately fall if everyone mass claims during day 1. The only reason Town doesn't win every game is because the average player can't play the game at all.

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I point-blank refuse to play a game with a Mayor in it on there, Town or Mafia.

The only mode that's even remotely fair for non-town roles is the one where the roles are listed as "Jailer, Town Protective, Town Support, Town Investigator, Random Town, Godfather, Random Mafia, Random Mafia, Random Evil, Random" 

And even then, just aim for the RT and Random first, then anyone that doesn't fit is probably mafia.

Had one game that was hilariously broken, where we ended up with two doctors and were able to prove it fairly early to one another. We ended up in a loop of Doc A >Doc B > Town, Doc B>Doc A> town. Dead chat thought I was a freaking psychic because I was the only revealed doctor, and from night 3 on there were no deaths that weren't lynches or the random landing on Jester. (Not that we didn't mislynch, mind you.)