Overdone

12346»

Comments

• Mardella said:
    I thought crow tongue was originally an entirely player created language but that then later was hard coded to be an actual spoken language?  @Xenthos @Crek for confirmation?
    From my very vague memories of being there at the time, it was wholly created by the players. However, I wasn't a huge favourite of the Glom gods, so I could have missed it somehow. 
  • Crow tongue is based off of the song done during the BT release event. Emar (And others. But mostly Emar.) just made it in to a whole language.

So pretty much entirely player expanded but not created.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • Wait, I was always taught Nyla did the majority of it. What's the story there?

• edited September 2016
    Emar did most of it. 

Edit: That was unkind. Nyla was very much into being a part of things, but Emar did do most of the work.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Pectus said:
    Wait, I was always taught Nyla did the majority of it. What's the story there?
    Nyla also liked to claim credit for things that he may have been a part of but did not actually do himself; for example, when he left the BT he deleted "every ghelp file he created" by his own assertion.  This turned out to be pretty much all of them.
  • Ooh. Ok. I always loved Emar! No wonder he always had the best random facts about Crow.

To stay on topic:

Drunk Gaudis. Aaaall day every day, do nothing else. Yes I know drunkenness is a big part of Gaudi culture, of course. But you guys are the city of Enlightenment too! :tongue:

• This is not a thing that actually happens.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:
    This is not a thing that actually happens.
    Oh that's good. That's all I remember from when I was a gaudi. Have people move on to more of the dreamer RP kind of thing?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Celestians who are actually about doing the right thing as opposed to the easy thing. We all know that's not true.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Talan said:
    This is not a thing that actually happens.
    I'm always drinking and drugging and encouraging partying. But never enough to be drunk except that one time I tried to drink the rest of a bottle to re-use it and found out bottles hold a lot of whiskey, spending the next hour literally dying of paranoia and vomiting at the Nexus. But she's old fashioned like that.

That said, the Enlightenment part is super important too and I try to encourage it just as much.
  • I'm thinking you're Xeltha? You're certainly don't fit: "Drunk Gaudis. Aaaall day every day, do nothing else."

Some of us get mechanical benefits for being drunk, and so a lot of us are at least a little drunk all the time, but don't think we've had a 'drunk and that's it' character since I've been playing here.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Brb to play around as a dreamer in gaudi.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    You may say you're a dreamer, but you're not the only one.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Ashiya said:
    Finnnaally someone understands my reference.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Yaaaaaassssssss! Morrowind FTW.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Dream on, Queen!

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Sylandra said:
    Oh, oh, the paperwork joke in Hallifax! So overdone. Yes, I get it, you like making things unnecessarily complicated, hahahaha...ha.  :|
    Can I just tack on my distaste for this? It's been hitting me lately IG.

It's cute, funny, a laugh, w/e but I hope no one thinks Hallifax is the DMV. It's (supposed) to be the epitome of efficiency.

• Maybe I'm the odd one out in thinking Hallifax is that way, then! It definitely wouldn't be the first time.

For me, too many laws and/or too much paperwork would be, as Xenthos said, inefficient -- and more importantly, things like too much paperwork or "bureaucracy" as we see it would be obfuscating the Truth, which is something that Hallifaxians pride themselves on (or at least, the Symphonists do).

I might be confusing brute efficiency and raw truth with Magnagoran flavour though...I dunno. There's definitely a reason why the two cities are alike.

• Too much paperwork might be inefficient, but the right amount of laws to achieve a harmonious society wouldn't be.

My lucidian loves paperwork, by the way. She's definitely a beaurucrat.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited October 2016
    Yes, the right amount. And Hallifax has definitely been moving in the right direction (imo) regarding this, in things like moving for the "no shouting" law to be removed, among others.

• I like the no shouting law, though. If they take away things that make them a harmonious society (things that allow for wanton shouting, public drunkenness, general things that some people could deem "annoying"), they lose that uniquely Hallifax vibe. They're supposed to be about Harmony and efficiency; it seems to me not having to deal with citizens being at odds with each other would up efficiency greatly, since that's even less paperwork. Mediation is paperwork.

Maybe I just play Hallifax wrong, idk. #Lucidian4Win. (And clinical lucidian are never overdone.)
  • But I only have one vocal mode and it's complain loudly. :(

Not turning off your triggers during RP / world events is something which is so sorely overdone. 
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yessssssss. We can live with your orgbixes and ambient curios but for Nil's sake you don't need to rub your genies or pull everything and the kitchen sink out of your cornucopia.

• Phoebus said:
    Ulalah said:

Maybe I just play Hallifax wrong, idk. #Lucidian4Win. (And clinical lucidian are never overdone.)
    Don't let anyone tell you you're playing Hallifax (or any org, or race, or what have you) "wrong". Some people want to be super bureaucrats and joke about paperwork - that's fine. Some people want to sit around and have tea parties and do the pearls emote - that's fine. Some people aren't into that and just want to beat Harmony into people's heads with a hammer - yep, that's also fine. It's all fine. 

Don't be scared away from the kind of character you want to play because it's not what other people want to play. And on the same note, no one should tell people they can't play the kind of character they want to play just because it's not what you think is the best thing to do. 

(Aside: I like the no shouting law, too. Inside voices, please.)
    TIL the pearls emote. Time to conquer the Basin. :smiley:
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I nearly shocked Maligorn into an early grave the other day by pulling a Precision P-bomb.