the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

1132133134135136138»

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Thul said:
    Does that mean I don't get to chuck Othero's Zoroark into an active volcano?
    This only occurs several years from now, after you've founded Metro City in Alola. Zoroark returns on its own and kidnaps your Gardevoir, and you're forced to trudge through six levels of endless Team Skull goons before the final confrontation at the summit of said volcano.
  • Vivet said:
    Thul said:
    Does that mean I don't get to chuck Othero's Zoroark into an active volcano?
    This only occurs several years from now, after you've founded Metro City in Alola. Zoroark returns on its own and kidnaps your Gardevoir, and you're forced to trudge through six levels of endless Team Skull goons before the final confrontation at the summit of said volcano.
    I've never needed an art commission this badly in my entire life.
  • Here is my role card: 

You glance back at Lavender Tower, the pristine white dress of the mediums there gleaming in the afternoon sun and happy smiles on their faces as they wave you off. You wave back, hoisting your bag over your shoulder and stepping into the cool tunnel of the train platform. Lavender Town was called upon to send a medium by Champion Alec, hoping that proper respects could be paid during the colonisation of the new region. After all, even though you're a priestess of death, you hold the rites of life equally as important. With your aid, countless pokemon have been placed in new homes, allowing for safe, renewable expansion of cities all over Kanto.

But death is all you are known for, and people are scared of you, so you hope that you can fix that on this journey. Life can be improved through death, after all.

You are the Coroner. Once every other night you can examine a dead body and write a report that will be posted the next day for all to see, detailing their role precisely. You win with the Champion.

A familiar fluttering sounds from overhead, and soon your faithful Pokemon is perched on your shoulder, waiting to take the journey with you.

Your Pokemon is Zubat, a Poison/Flying type! It knows the move 'Supersonic', which allows you to target a trainer or Pokemon every other day, randomising the next target they would make. Your pokemon can EVOLVE. You are immune to Ground.

As the train pulls in, you swipe your Trainer Card and step into the car. As the only passenger, you begin moving before the doors fully close, and you make your way to your seat.

There was really no indication that if I used my power more that "good" things or shenanigans in general would happen. Also, I had a higher expectation of my power than I got and did discuss parts of it privately with Tremula and understood where it was coming from so accepted it but always wondered "well, if I use this what happens if tomorrow someone more important comes up" or people wouldn't actually die that I wanted to autopsy and just ended up not using it very much (mostly due to being busy every time night time rolled around!).

Again, thanks for the fun game Tremula.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I sent this message to Ileein as the last day was playing out:

"So.  How perfect a play would it be for you to be the Chosen?  Have Phoebus do the nightstone, you send a message in to recruit someone and flip it back to day a couple hours later.  Verify to everyone's face that your cult recruitment went through while also doing it in such a way that distances yourself from suspicion ("Yes, I am the one who brought it up, why would I have done that?").  Only confirmation that you watched Dylara is that you saw what she did... but Phoebus also saw what she did and could have easily conveyed that information to the recruiter after being recruited.  And absolutely nobody is even thinking about you at all, despite your watching alibi actually being one of the weakest from last night that I can see-- pretty much entirely because of the daystone thing.  There's no independent confirmation.  Dylara didn't even see you, just Phoebus.

If you're not the Chosen it's actually kind of too bad, because I'm really enjoying pretending that you are and are playing everyone."

Phoebus did pretty well at convincing everyone she was a cult convert, Dylara only saw Phoebus (not Ileein), and if she -had- been a convert it would have allowed Ileein to do anything at all while saying he had watched her.  I was very much entertained by the thought of Ileein being a super-mastermind. :)
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Oh, that reminds me. @Dylara I think your role actually turned out to be pretty essential and was ultimately intended to be of more use in the late game, and yours ended up being one of my favourite roles to play off of due to the nature of mine.