Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ahem. 

I accept your challenge Ushaara! We duel for Resilience! Dolls of Passion and Peace!
  • Jesus Vivet. What kind of psychic shit are you pulling.

Well, so far my theory about third parties appear to be correct as far as Ileein is concerned. Assuming Vivet is correct. 

The other claimed third parties are Lehki and Yarith, the census said three right? Does that mean one of those two are the rat god I can't spell?
    I'm not claiming third party, just the my character is not orginally from Gensokyo. The back story was that I'm a normal human(with ESP) that figured out a way to get through the barrier around Gensokyo. This was the first sentence of my role PM, and sounded pretty "non-native" to me. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Hey now. Ratatoskr is a squirrel, thank you. I think the whole 'outside the universe' claim is likely a dead end at best, we saw that in Night Vale and it made everything past the first few days fall like dominoes. 
  • Vivet's theory is a pretty interesting theory that I didn't consider Kira would do at all. I had the same idea as Lehki. My role basically starts off by saying I just got to Gensokyo, so I just assumed that's what the census wording meant. To that end, I'm not from Gensokyo in the games, but from the Touhou universe. I'm interested to see what Ileein has to offer.

And sorry I forgot about your challenge Weiwae D: I accept your challenge, Weiwae! We fight for the entertainment of others! Zigzag circle slash! 
  • I will politely decline and forfeit, @Tremula. Thank you for inviting me to spar, but it's just a bit outside of my comfort zone right now. It is nice to see some company, however, and I'm very happy to help rebuild the shrine and watch all of you practice your mighty spells - just be sure to mind your feet, please. I think I saw something shiny just over there...

With a polite bow, Breandryn wanders off to study the shrine rubble, adjusting spectacles perched on the bridge of her (?) nose for a better view.
  • Kiradawea said:

Alternatively, you can choose to forfeith the challenge. This counts as a victory for the challenger. The defender will be unable to participate in any other spellcard duels for the rest of the day, nor may they be challenged. Nothing else happens. This does not count as a loss for abilities that require a loss in a spellcard duel. If a challenge is ignored, the defender automatically forfeiths after 24 hours or two posts of not accepting the challenge.

Technically, after Breandryn forfeited earlier, she could not have been challenged. However, her forfeiture now, presumably even after reading the post where Tremula states that she would be more suspicious if she did, is suspicious. Either she actually has something to hide, or she feels confident in avoiding a lynch. Which may not seem like much right now, but as we go on with limited information, she'll become more tempting as a lynch option.

Speaking of, @Ileein, where are you?
  • Actually, Breandryn never actually forfeited earlier. I challenged Falmiis before Breandryn, so Breandryn's forfeit never actually came about.
  • And I just noticed how often I used "actually" there... Wow.
  • I don't think I'm suspicious for forfeiting - you magic girls just forget that not everyone is as adept at and equipped for such things as you!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi

That can be corrected, if you wish.
  • Except... y'know, there is absolutely zero for you to lose in this case. An exhibition match takes absolutely zero from you. No cooldowns, no punishments, nothing.
  • Lehki said:
    Jesus Vivet. What kind of psychic shit are you pulling.

Well, so far my theory about third parties appear to be correct as far as Ileein is concerned. Assuming Vivet is correct. 

The other claimed third parties are Lehki and Yarith, the census said three right? Does that mean one of those two are the rat god I can't spell?
    I'm not claiming third party, just the my character is not orginally from Gensokyo. The back story was that I'm a normal human(with ESP) that figured out a way to get through the barrier around Gensokyo. This was the first sentence of my role PM, and sounded pretty "non-native" to me. 
    Yeah, that counts as not native to Gensokyo.
  • Vivet said:
    Hmm hmm hmm.

I'm really not totally sure about this right now, but... you know what? I guess I have to do it anyways.

You know, I was really looking forward to being sane in this game. I ended up with a more serious minded character, after all. It's good to try and play your part. But I guess you'll all have to pretend I am temporarily insane while I bust out this ridiculously oversized hammer of 4th wall breaking.

You see, Kira seems to like referencing prior games. Back in the Chimaera mafia, there was this certain character. A character that would move on to be a narrator of sorts in the Gods and Monsters mafia game, and who, upon the conclusion of that game, would make a vow. His vow was to hunt down the individual who effectively acted as the primary antagonist of Gods and Monsters.

This stuck in my mind, because I was the one playing the part of said antagonist in that game.

So now we have Ileein here, who is claiming to be a 3rd party type thing detective. At first look, this isn't making too much sense. He's looking for someone who he is very sure is a bad guy. Someone he says has hurt a lot of people, and is a manipulator of sorts first and foremost.

Ileein? You're not just from outside of Gensokyo, are you? You're very likely not even from our version of the Other World. No, it's more likely you've crossed various dimensions to continue your pursuit, which might help to explain your overall confusion and disorientation.

One thing is for sure. You are here, because you are sure he is here.

So please, allow me to guess.

Is your name Pollux? And are you looking for a Ratatoskr?

You have correctly guessed my purpose, for which you have my regard. *bows*
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Tamashi said:
    @Ileein I want to trust you, so I'm being upfront in this. Please accept me on exhibition level, if you can do that for me then I'll be able to confirm or deny who you say you are. Since we're being honest with our roles, I have something I dismissed early on. When I duel I can see past the Unknown and get a glimpse of identity, but not powers, just the name.

With that being said, hopefully you can return to trust.

@Ileein I challenge you to a spellcard duel! Raining Light of Humanity!
    I accept your duel, in the name of demonstration. Meteor Storm!
  • Breandryn said:
    I don't think I'm suspicious for forfeiting - you magic girls just forget that not everyone is as adept at and equipped for such things as you!
    I agree that refusing a duel isn't really that suspicious on its own, at least not right now.
  • Or Breandryn doesn't have spellcards?
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • Also there's no way Ileein is Pollux...is that real? I'm so confused. It was just a theory, right?
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • And yes, as Vivet has successfully deduced, I am Pollux, once an assassin in the service of the Church of the True Way and now sworn to pursue the squirrel Ratatoskr, who brought down the gods themselves in the name of chaos. If allowed, he will do the same here. And even though there's a lot of lolicon nonsense going on, that's still not something I'm willing to allow.
  • It was until a few posts ago where Ileein says that they're Pollux. If that also means that a Ratatoskr in the game would suck, that was a really strong role. I'm starting to lean in the direction that those who said they are from outside Gensokyo should at least partially claim so that we can start to unravel this. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    What.
  • Well the good news is, when the dust settles from the duel, I can confirm @Ileein's name, for better or worse. Of course, this means anybody I've dueled with I know your name as well, but will respectfully hold off unless you give your okay.
  • That's good, Tamashi.

This is so far out in left field that I'm here to just appreciate the wackadoo. 
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Waiting intensifies!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I have to admit I'm curious about why you've been on the down-low with challenges today, Siam. I thought you'd challenge more, given your actions last day.
  • Finally a challenge against Breandryn that sticks... and it's rejected.

Breandryn may not participate in any further spellcard duels today.

Tremula challenges Krackenor
    By now, Tremula's two echo gates have become a familiar, no pun intendended, sight. Krackenor's jewel on the other hand is something new entirely. A bright burst of light accompanies a shining gem that envelops both Krackenor and jewel in a soft emerald light. All this before the spellcard initiates properly with a declaration of "Jewel of Truth". Tremula is immediately forced backwards, with the beams of light narrowly grazing Tremula. Tremula has to momentarily drop the reflective echo around her to keep the beams from trapping her entirely, before she flies up to deliver her counter attack. Krackenor manages to dodge the onslaught through superior speed, making a fool out of Tremula's attack at first. So Tremula changes strategy, She sends one stream out in front of Krackenor, a second behind him. And then she nails Krackenor by reflecting one of his own lasers back at him.

Tremula has won the spellcard challenge

Ushaara challenges Luce
    Following the fight between Tremula and Krackenor, Ushaara steps up to the challenge, intent on showing off his skills. He pulls a card out of a pocket and flings it skywards with the words "Flower of a Lost Soul" where it bursts into a purple floral pattern that flows back down and circles Ushaara. "Dolls of Passion and Peace" comes Luce's retort and the two go at it with incredible vigour. Streams of red and blue graze against Ushaara, who responds by sending bursts of purple that flow out like a flower from his form. Both are putting their all into their attacks, with Luce covering the sky in lingering bullets of red and blue. Ushaara meanwhile creates distortions in the air that nullifies several of Luce's bullets while multiplying his own. The final moments of the match is impossible to see from the ground as the sky is covered in blue, red and purple. A beautiful clash that fades abruptly with oth Ushaara and Luce falling from the sky at almost the same time. Luce barely manages to recover in time before he hits the ground, but Ushaara doesn't. He impacts hard on the lawn, groaning in pain and exhaustion.

Luce has won the duel. Ushaara will take one less vote to lynch today

Weiwae challenges Kalaneya
    The next match is Weiwae against Kalaneya. Kalaneya leads the offense by creating spiraling arms of bullets, pushing Weiwae away with ease. Weiwae is kept constantly off balance as new streams of bullets make it difficult for Weiwae to charge up his spell. He releases a few smaller laser blasts, but Kalaneya manages to dodge them with ease. However, ultimately all Weiwae needs is some time. He manages to keep Kalaneya busy with his lasers for long enough to finish charging his real spell. With a smirk he points towards Kalaneya and utters "Sunspark!" before a large beam of light shoots out at high speed. Kalaneya fails to notice the beam through her own bullets and takes the hit dead on.

Weiwae has won the duel.

Tamashi challenges Ileein
    Finally, Tamashi challenges Ileein under the argument that in combat he can see through the Seed of Unknown Form. Eager to prove himself, Ileein is more than happy to demonstrate another one of his cards. This one he calls Meteor Storm. As Tamashi summons forth small spirits of humanity to rain down from the sky, Ileein does the same but with enormous balls of earth and fire that thankfully disperse harmlessly as they hit the ground. Ileein's meteors are huge and impressive, but for someone like Tamashi who can fly they're also rather ineffective. It's easy to weave between them and return far more bullets than is feasible for Ileein to dodge. Ileein puts up a frantic effort, dancing between the bullets as he sends missiles of pure force that shatter his meteors into smaller, harder to dodge meteorites. But it's just not enough. He eventually makes a faulty step and falls into a bullet, wincing as it leaves him staggering.

Tamashi has won the duel.

And once all these fights are over, Tremula pulls out a broom and starts sweeping the road between the gate and the shrine ruins because this place is such a huge mess right now.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Today I decided to observe first before challenging folks. I'm very interested in those who've refused challenges, actually. Also, Sylandra, because she's OP.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
  • Buhu. Lehki sounds preeeeetty scary.
    Scary enough that I want to do battle!
    Tamashi! I challenge you to an ultimate challenge, a spellcard duel! Prepare for an ultimate attack the likes of which you have never seen! Taste my Unfathomable coils of fate, destiny realised!
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Oh. I meant Ileein, not Lehki. I'm waaaaay to sleepy for this.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Yarith said:
    Buhu. Lehki sounds preeeeetty scary.
    Scary enough that I want to do battle!
    Tamashi! I challenge you to an ultimate challenge, a spellcard duel! Prepare for an ultimate attack the likes of which you have never seen! Taste my Unfathomable coils of fate, destiny realised!
    Fate? Destiny? That sounds a lot like something the messenger of the World Tree would say, doesn't it?