Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    This is getting boring - I think it's time for action!

Can we get a vote count?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • UNOFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

By my count, we stand at:
    Ileein: Weiwae, Othero (2)
    Tamashi: Lehki, (1)
    Yarith: Kalaneya, Ileein (2)
    Siam: Sylandra (1)
    Kalaneya: Ushaara (1)

With 21 workers and 1 sick person, it's 12 to banish someone.

The following are slightly easier to banish.
    Ushaara
    Othero
    Tamashi
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Siam said:
    Vivet said:
    @Ileein If you make it to the next night, but are unsure of investigation targets, my suggestions would be Synkarin, Lavinya, or Sylandra at this time. You obviously don't need to consider my suggestions, but if I were in your shoes I would pick among them.

I feel like it is acceptable to leave Kalaneya alone for the time being, and suspect Yarith might be valuable enough to want to hang onto a while longer as well.

If you find Siam being blocked from action last night overly suspicious and wish to explore that via lynch, then go ahead and take that course. If that makes you uncomfortable, go ahead and vote on me. I think I've already done a good job of arguing for some of the strategic merits to this, and in addition to that, I'm probably the one player who will be most comfortable and at ease with being a stump.

Else, all I will say is I am just not going to accept a No Lynch for today.

If you want a better plan of action, then start hammering it out now.

(Side note: did anyone else wager on abilities and lose access to them for the night besides me? It would be useful to confirm if this happened for anyone else before allowing night to fall. Pretty sure all other wagers were resilience/spellcards, however, unless my memory is failing me).
    At risk of outing myself, I will say that when I get roleblocked at the same night I try to use my powers, I will temporarily lose my ability and the item I'm apparently known for using at least until I find my item again. And no - I did not use my ability last night because I knew for sure that my wanton dueling was bound to attract attention and I was correct! 

Can stumped people still use their abilities after a lynch?
    Wait, I want to come back to this. You claim not to have used your ability last night, but you also claim to have been roleblocked. How can you know that you were roleblocked if you didn't try and fail to use your ability? We already know that you only get the flavor that you need.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    With as aggressive and just plain odd as he's been, I'm fine with putting a Vote: Siam out there for want of a damned good explanation.
  • Official votecount

Ileein: Weiwae, Othero (2)
    Tamashi: Lehki (1)
    Kalaneya: Ushaara (1)
    Yarith: Ileein (1)
    Siam: Sylandra, Luce (2)

With 21 workers and 1 sick person, it's 12 to banish someone.

The following are slightly easier to banish.
    Ushaara
    Othero

Tamashi
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Oh SNAP. @Ileein makes a good point.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Yeah, after thinking about that one, I'm comfortable with an UNVOTE, VOTE: SIAM. Still interested to hear a response, of course.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    More from your local flavour enthusiast!

I think the punch at the end of @Kalaneya's danmaku was incredibly important to notice, but not because it could implicate her. I believe that the physical injury (and I'll double check on the others who have been weakened) is a trademark of winning the weakening duel.

I'm still suspicious of a few people, but since I feel she's most likely to be continuously useful after she's stumped, I'll Vote: Vivet for now.

If Siam sounds even a little more sus, though, I'll gladly switch my vote.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I'm also listening.

Vote Siam 
  • Ushaara said:
    Not a whole lot to go on, but I'd agree with @Vivet that we likely should lynch someone. While we likely won't see a full reveal, if we have a stump investigator/coroner, they'll need a body to test on. Delaying that means delaying the possibility of more information being revealed about what we're facing.

So while the confusion over just what non-native meant was likely and even reasonable, since @Kalaneya did say that she double-checked with Kiradawea that she counted as non-native, and the bit of weirdness with her duel ending with a physical punch rather than how others have seemed to be resolved with magical power, I'll

Vote Kalaneya

(I absolutely get that this is tenuous and reading into your conversation with Kiradawea/spellcard duel too much, but we've got to vote on some basis!)
    I again want to say lynching me based on thinking I'm Ratatta is misguided. I asked Kira "am I from Gensokyo?" And she said no, I am not from the place Gensokyo in the games, but I am in the Touhou games. So to look at it another way, she confirmed I'm part of Touhou. 

@Weiwae, I already fought you and Ileein today using a ton of bullets. You used your laser against me. I still produced bullets in my duel with Tamashi, but defeated him by punching him. At the risk of putting words into your mouth, I will rephrase the question you, me, and Melali have already asked: Do Touhou outsiders have attacks that differ from those in the Touhou universe?

Duelling me probably won't help answer this question. You already know I fight with bullets. All three duels had bullets in them. I'm fine with duelling again if you feel as if it is absolutely necessary, but would like to keep my third card in hand as a surprise defence if possible. Just tell me specifically what you're looking for in my attack since I think I've given you all the information you need in my previous duels.

And since I feel partially responsible for bringing this up, I'll infodump on whose attacks explicitly says "bullet", "light", "laser". 

It's long, so pastebinning it: http://pastebin.com/s5NWZVcM

The answer to that question is...maybe? It's not as strong of an association that we originally speculated, now that I look back at the actual battles. Yarith has a (really puny) bullet attack, and Ileein's first attack has some light in there. There are a couple attacks that we think are Touhouverse that haven't used bullets at all (Icicle Fall). I'll call in @Vivet to see if wind/rain attacks from Iosion or the tarot cards from Lehki are legit possibilities in Touhou, but I'm cooling on this theory. I still think people avoiding duels are inherently suspicious for the reason that they don't want to reveal something unusual in their attacks and are unwilling to let us see it. I was willing to reveal the Reimu one, not knowing that it might come off as strange because I had confidence in my theory that Touhouverse people would have typical attacks. 

I'm really trying to help in the way that I know how, which is reading the text and the flavour and trying to garner information from it. I thought it would be more useful to throw things out there to see what sticks than to just hang around in the back not saying much when you have nothing to say. I'm not an experienced enough player to read people and am lol real fucking bad at that irl anyway. I'm seeing that my approach leads down paths that can be strange red herrings. I'm honestly more discouraged now than I have been this game, even when I got jumped on earlier; it's incredibly frustrating for me to 100% completely waste my time going through 30+ pages of posts to find nothing of use that I thought would be of use before.

I'm not trying to distract in any way, but I'm going to try laying off interpreting a lot of the flavour for this reason so I'll probably be quieter.
  • and @Tremula, what do you mean by weakening? We had an exhibition duel.

Interested in what Siam has to say.
    Oh. I...definitely thought you weakened him. I'm going to dip my tea and wake up.

• It was Luce that weakened Tamashi, not Kalaneya.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    @Kalaneya Stars of the Gate doesn't exist, I just didn't see my typo to correct it. Just commenting for your notes.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Ileein said:
    Siam said:
    Vivet said:
    @Ileein If you make it to the next night, but are unsure of investigation targets, my suggestions would be Synkarin, Lavinya, or Sylandra at this time. You obviously don't need to consider my suggestions, but if I were in your shoes I would pick among them.

I feel like it is acceptable to leave Kalaneya alone for the time being, and suspect Yarith might be valuable enough to want to hang onto a while longer as well.

If you find Siam being blocked from action last night overly suspicious and wish to explore that via lynch, then go ahead and take that course. If that makes you uncomfortable, go ahead and vote on me. I think I've already done a good job of arguing for some of the strategic merits to this, and in addition to that, I'm probably the one player who will be most comfortable and at ease with being a stump.

Else, all I will say is I am just not going to accept a No Lynch for today.

If you want a better plan of action, then start hammering it out now.

(Side note: did anyone else wager on abilities and lose access to them for the night besides me? It would be useful to confirm if this happened for anyone else before allowing night to fall. Pretty sure all other wagers were resilience/spellcards, however, unless my memory is failing me).
    At risk of outing myself, I will say that when I get roleblocked at the same night I try to use my powers, I will temporarily lose my ability and the item I'm apparently known for using at least until I find my item again. And no - I did not use my ability last night because I knew for sure that my wanton dueling was bound to attract attention and I was correct! 

Can stumped people still use their abilities after a lynch?
    Wait, I want to come back to this. You claim not to have used your ability last night, but you also claim to have been roleblocked. How can you know that you were roleblocked if you didn't try and fail to use your ability? We already know that you only get the flavor that you need.
    You get roleblocked when you get jailed, don't you?

It's part of the flavor that I got when I got jailed. Basically it was something along the lines: you decided not to use your XYZ item which was probably a good idea since you got hugged(something about a pair of hands grabbing me) from behind(for the rest of the night) on your way home. Followed by the you have been jailed!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    @Kalaneya There's some complexities with "bullet" flavour which can make this question difficult to answer. As example, Captain Murasa has a lot of sort of rippling effects that mimic ebbing tides, with little droplet bullets that resemble water. Sakuya Izayoi would use almost all kunai and knives exclusively, and Reimu herself would be most likely tossing around needles, ying yang orbs, and paper talismans (or even making use of that gohei).

I don't really have any problems with the specific flavour behind Lehki or Iosion's spellcards. And to be quite honest, Reimu's Coming makes me more certain that you are who I think you are... the problem is that the character in question ultimately does share a fair bit in common with the Rat, so it's a real mind game for me. Does that mean you're the Rat, or was it the mod's intent to try to fool people into thinking that due to the convenience of similarities? It's so hard to tell!

I can expound on this if you'd like, and point to specific references, but that might end up outting who you really are (though I guess it's kind of obvious?). If you want me to go ahead, I'll go ahead, else I'm fine with leaving well enough alone.

• The thing is, only like 4? people know anything about the touhou games and lore here. Saying that someone is obviously this character...isn't obvious. A vast majority of us have zero idea beyond what we looked up for our own characters and tried to poke around to get information. But since spellcards aren't aligning with characters (See Synkarin and Icicle Fall) among other examples.

Also Siam never claimed to be roleblocked or jailed -until- Yarith said his ability and the target. That is when I asked about his power. Siam said he has a night power but refrained from using it, not because he was blocked. Sure you guys can light a fire about it, but it's just going to spin the same circles we have been. Get a lead, get nothing from it, start back over.
  • So I'm not very experienced at mafia but how many night acting powers are there that you would willingly refrain from using night 1?
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Yarith said:
    So I'm not very experienced at mafia but how many night acting powers are there that you would willingly refrain from using night 1?
    Mafia side, it could be advantageous to avoid using quite a few so people don't realise there are double-blockers, or to appear vanilla if you think that might work out. Town side, Vigilante comes to mind immediately. Or bodyguard, but we don't see those too often in place of regular doctor/protectors. Could also apply to a Commuter who can only commute every other night or so.
    Oh yeah, also if you have limited numbers of night actions: 3x, one time only, that sort of thing. If you plan to wait out the game, you might save them. Or if you expect issues early on, you might burn them as soon as you can. That comes down to playstyle.
    Well, I'll come out and say this

Eye'm the smartest and I actually am Cirno. I was really playing dumb because at that point, I hadn't come out and said it, and I thought it'd be a good test of @Tamashi to play dumb and plant a seed of doubt into his power if he truly could find out someone from the battle. 

I'm still really suspicous that he wasn't able to recognize me, when so many other people say me play one card (the only card I've played) and instantly knew who I was. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Siam also made a fairly decent point of mentioning that if he's blocked the power goes on cooldown, and he did kick up a lot of hullabaloo yesterday. I have no idea what power he could have that's so strong it needs to go on cooldown if it fails, though.
  • @Synkarin we ALL thought you were Cirno from the start. None of us doubted it, until you said that you were not. I mean, we literally were calling you frost fairy, and I even commented it's ironic that the frost user caught a cold. Just because my power couldn't identify you, doesn't mean we didn't already.
    Exactly - you knew who I was but then I instilled doubt and suddenly you couldn't get any information about me.

That doesn't seem fishy to you?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • @Synkrain 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    I'm not sure what that means

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Oh well Eye'm the smartest - so forget you. 

You ought to be nice to me

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Buh. IT's hard to explain, I keep forgetting you aren't all Touhou lovers. 
    Your non-Cirno feint was a really ⑨ thing to do is all. 

Anyway, I'm not comfortable with Tamashi or Siam but I'm really not sure if either is a good enough reason to vote them.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    I've been loving your play up on the role, @Synkarin, just saying.