Community building events you wished your city/commune would have/sponsor

It seems to me over the past few RL years Lusternia has had a shift over to primarily combat oriented goals. Not to say that there aren't any opportunities for RP, there are still plenty. But I remember a few years ago people gathered around more and did stuff together, and I don't just mean group hunts and aetherhunts. I've tried holding some such things but its often hard to get everyone gathered together to do it. So and so is hunting that day, the other has domoths, a revolt just happened, someone raided, there is an aetherhunt going on and so on. When there is stuff its hard to get people interested and participate. When that happens it leads to frustrating those that really put everything in to making something fun for people. 

We try to have the big festivals and other things which ARE a lot of fun, they're also a lot of work too. I've tried having game nights, encouraging beast aerial shows, parties and other things. What would you like to see your groups gather and try to do that would bring your city together as a whole, other than "Defend our territory."

Would you like to see dances, socials, binging parties (Gaudi), classes, workshops, drills, underwear parties, rap battles, dance offs, talent shows? So on and so forth. Lets hear your ideas and maybe we can make some new twists.

Personally, I would like to see more voluntary classes, sermons, and social parties for Celest. Maybe a pool party or something or use the community hall or bath house or gazebo. We have so many good places to have a gathering. 

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What hallifax needs is more of @Shedrin walking up to random citizens and giving them impromptu quizzes on Collectivism, Life, and other thought-provoking facets of Lusternia.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • If you want to see more of such things enjoying the Ministry of Culture!
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• Then join*, my bad
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• Celina said:
    Glom has these events all the time. It's really cool, we all get together and stand in silence, looking somberly at one another. It's a lot like any other day at the Ravenwood so people don't always notice.
    ... right up until you murder a baby.
  • That's not a community event.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It's not?

What community do you live in?  Because in Glomdoring a visit from Mother Night is indeed a community event!
  • We gather to pay homage to the Mother. Then afterwards, there's the horseshoes tournament and babyritas.
  • Thul said:
    We gather to pay homage to the Mother. Then afterwards, there's the horseshoes tournament and babyritas.
    I feel awful for this, but my immediate thought on reading that was "with lucky infant feet door prizes and fetal coladas?!"
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Akyaevin said:
    Celina said:
    Glom has these events all the time. It's really cool, we all get together and stand in silence, looking somberly at one another. It's a lot like any other day at the Ravenwood so people don't always notice.

You murder a few dozen babies and you never live it down. There stereotypes are unfair.

• Celina said:
    Akyaevin said:
    Celina said:

You murder a few dozen babies and you never live it down. There stereotypes are unfair.
    Or the same baby several dozen times, growing up is hard in the Basin.

Halli does try, depending on population, try to have impromptu play watchings, vengeance games, et cetera. And we're gearing up for our centennial which should be pleasantly extravagant. I think Gaudi is having something too?

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **

Maellio said:
     I think Gaudi is having something too? 
    Yup.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Invite me, Eri. :D 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I hear the Bloodfaire is happening at that time too.

That'll be an interesting year.
  • Heh. I'm not sure of the Festival of Light is happening, too, but it would be cool if it did. Poke poke.
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    For some reason the phrase 'Festival of Light' is setting off alarm bells in my head, I just can't place why. I have the feeling it's the climactic scene in something I read at some point, in a "oh no, we only have 2 more days until the Festival of Light, when xyz bad thing happens". Argh, it's going to drive me crazy.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    We are gearing up for a Bloodfaire!

We have a lot of cool events designed, though no date set because everyone's schedule is bound to change at one point.

My favorite events planned are the Masquerade Ball and the Ectoplasm Race (my design!).
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited April 2013
    ...how about the Carnival/Festival of Time, @Enyalida?

Also, we have/had a bunch of cool stuff in mind for our Carnival, but...it seems 90% of the people forgot/never got around to doing their thing. I mean it's cool, this is Gaudi and we can hella improv our way out of it, but...well. Sort of disappointing, given the relative success of the Collectivist Ball I pulled from my nether regions.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I made corn dogs, cotton candy, and candy apples. I'm happy with those additions for Carnival.
    Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

• Enyalida said:
    For some reason the phrase 'Festival of Light' is setting off alarm bells in my head, I just can't place why. I have the feeling it's the climactic scene in something I read at some point, in a "oh no, we only have 2 more days until the Festival of Light, when xyz bad thing happens". Argh, it's going to drive me crazy.
    The hai'Gloh Zemordia / Xion Initiative event happened a few days after a Festival of Light. 
    If it's broken, break it some more.