Zoku meets the Urchin

With a whisper of energies and a glimpse of changing paradigms, the veil parts, allowing you passage 
beyond.
---------- v23580 -----------

[ ]-[ ]-[ ]
          | \ | / | 
     [ ] [ ]-[=]-[ ] [ ]
          | / | \ | 
         [ ]-[ ]-[ ]

[ ]     [+]     [ ]

---------- 0:-2:-2 ----------
The Fulcrux of Mysrai.
Oilslick patterns ripple across the silken folds of this veil as it flutters between two paradigms. 
Veils of reality bounded by skeins of ivory and blood-hued blossoms twist and shiver above a poppy-
inlaid vessel filled with burning coals.
You see a single exit leading through a fluttering veil.

The Fulcrux of Mysrai.
The walls of this rounded chamber are dimly illuminated by burning coals within a copper bowl at the 
centre, but remain no more distinct than any of the shadowy carvings upon their surface. At times, 
the walls seem as though they are mere veils between open air and the fire-illumined ring: at others,
they are whirling sand or solid stone. Despite this, figures in various races shift and change, gone 
in seconds or less, with the only constant remaining the pinpricks of alien constellations within. 
The ceiling is a canopy of silk, or veils, or shifting realities, with loose poppy blossoms floating 
amidst it, or upon it, in tears of white and red and indigo. Oilslick patterns ripple across the 
silken folds of this veil as it flutters between two paradigms. Veils of reality bounded by skeins 
of ivory and blood-hued blossoms twist and shiver above a poppy-inlaid vessel filled with burning 
coals.
You see a single exit leading through a fluttering veil.

You say, "Hello Mysrai!"

You shift your eyes suspiciously from side to side.

You say, "Oh good God, I meant..."

A lingering giggle echoes in the air, floating like a bubble on a sudden, hot wind. With a sudden pop, the sound ceases.

You say, "Lady Mysrai."

Tiny footprints cross the ground, rising as temporary tracings of luminous, coppery smoke.

You say, "I'm going out on a limb here, is that You?"

You say, "...that or this place is haunted by children."

The petals swirling above the shrine shiver in ecstasy as a voice echoes, "Is that is that is that 
is that..."

A lingering giggle echoes in the air, floating like a bubble on a sudden, hot wind. With a sudden 
pop, the sound ceases.

Pondering the echoing voice before testing, you say, "Zoku is cool."

Tiny footprints cross the ground, rising as temporary tracings of luminous, coppery smoke.

The Fulcrux abruptly goes very, very silent, aside from the hissing of the coals within the bowl of the shrine.

Along the walls, the veils shift silently, their lengths blank and empty of colour as they rustle together, seemingly far away in the suffocating silence of the cavern.

You look thoughtful and say, "You seem more childish than I imagine."

You drop a pearl-handled dagger.

A coal snaps in the bowl, echoing loudly in the silent Fulcrux.

Zoku pushes the pearled dagger towards the shrine with his foot.

'Boo!' Mysrai screams happily at you.

Mysrai giggles happily.

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

Mysrai skips merrily in circles around you.

You say to Mysrai, "Different!"

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "We got you, We got you, We got you!"

Mysrai leaps onto your back and demands that you give Her a piggy back ride.

You say, "You did!"

Mysrai giggles happily.

A flurry of ivory blossoms comes loose from Mysrai's hair, swirling about Her playfully, one chasing 
another and another.

"Doom..." Mysrai intones somberly.

Mysrai giggles happily.

You ponder the situation.

She is a radiant immortal and has taken the form of a slender young girl with a solemn, blank 
expression on Her narrow face. Dirt is smudged across Her cheek and neck: scratched sigils crackling 
with copper-hued energies adorn Her arms beneath twisting skeins of beads. The twisting of reality 
manifests beneath Her bare, sand-covered toes, and whirls across the massive, tangled masses of 
black tresses surrounding Her bony shoulders. A multitude of ivory poppies unfold amidst the 
tumbleweed of Her ebon hair, shedding a shower of petals about Her as She goes. Though Her form is 
slight, Her eyes are cold, fathomless pits of black in which starfields shift through inexorable, 
unfathomable patterns. She is wearing a reforged crown of gleaming voidcopper, a crude tunic veined 
with burnished copper and a votary icon of the Void.

You say, "Surely my pack isn't comfortable with my armor is is?"

You say, "Is it..."

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "We are divinely comfortable."

Mysrai's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Mysrai seats herself atop your pack regally, Her tunic and hair floating loosely around Her youthful form.

Turning his neck awkwardly to face You, you say, "I was curious about Your order and stuff. Though I expected you to be much...older looking."

Mysrai bends over your head, Her tiny hands planted on your skull, staring at you from upside down. Stars sparkle coldly in the black caverns of Her eyes.

Mysrai smiles softly at you.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "We are infinite. We contain multitudes of potentials of being!"

Mysrai giggles happily.

You say, "I suppose that's where the Thousandfold comes from?"

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "Do you want to be infinite, Zoku?"

Mysrai grins and nods.

Mysrai reaches out towards your cheek with one slender hand filled with slightly too many knuckles.

You say, "Infinite power! Infinite flames consuming those who step in the way of Gaudiguch."

Throwing your hands in the air, you toss your head back and laugh sadistically.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "No mortal thing is infinite, Zoku!"

Mysrai giggles happily.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "Not even Gods! Except for Me!"

Mysrai gazes upon you with black-shimmering eyes. Cold pinpricks of light and whirling constellations sparkle with Mysrai's eyes as they regard you with unnerving, unseeing focus.

You ponder Mysrai thoughtfully, looking Her up and down.

Stars flicker in the vague aura of shifting realities around Mysrai.

You say, "Do You enjoy fire?"

Mysrai hops down off the pack and begins to skip around you once more, poppy petals whirling around 
Her in a whirlwind.

Spreading Her arms, Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "We enjoy many things, Zoku!"

You say, "Because infinity!"

Mysrai skids to a stop. The poppies skid with, halting frozen in midair.

Mysrai giggles happily.

Mysrai nods Her head enthusiastically.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "Everything should be infinity!"

Mysrai giggles happily.

You say, "You're very odd, Urchin."

You say, "I thought only You could be infinity?"

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "Did you know, there are a thousand ways to enlightenment, Zoku!"

Mysrai nods Her head sagely.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "Yes, and Creation is infinite!"

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "You have forgotten how."

Mysrai creases Her brow in a frown.

You say, "How?"

Mysrai giggles happily.

Zoku looks unsure of the situation.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "Everything comes from Dynara and ends in Magnora! When Magnora came to be, infinity ended!"

Mysrai ponders the situation.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "But really, without destruction, how could things be!"

Mysrai shrugs helplessly.

Mysrai flops down onto the ground.

You flop down onto the ground.

Peering at you, Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "Everything is possible! But, you have to have Will to walk the path, Zoku."

You say to Mysrai, "What is Will?"

Mysrai smiles softly.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "Will is what lets you be and do, Zoku!"

Mysrai beams broadly.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "It is also seeing things and the way to walk, and True Will is the thing that guides you towards an enlightenment."

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "Of course, as soon as you are enlightened and know, you stop 
being enlightened! Isn't that lucky?"

Mysrai giggles happily.

Mysrai sits up, hands braced on dirt-smeared knees.

Stars flicker in the vague aura of shifting realities around Mysrai.

You say, "If you stop, would you have to just find a different way to be? Then do it over and over and over?"

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "Enlightenment is also being open to infinity and accepting different ways to be enlightened! No true way."

Mysrai winks knowingly.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "You never do the same thing over again, Zoku!"

Mysrai giggles happily.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "That's not a different way."

Mysrai hops to Her feet.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory intones, "I like you! Come visit Me again!"

Mysrai leans close to you and gently lays a kiss upon your forehead.

Mysrai giggles happily.

You say, "I will!"

The Goddess fades away into a shadow, then a dream, then nothing at all.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory has bestowed Her divine highfavour upon you. It will last for 3 months.

Smiling softly, you say, "Thank You."

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Mysrai never fails to amaze me.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Fun fact? When she did the boo emote I actually jumped.
  • This is a wonderful log. Thank you @Zoku, @Mysrai!
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.