Lack of Raves VI: Rave Today, Tweet Tomorrow

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Karlach I fully realize that. Which is why I said I understand it. Still, would've been nice :)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Oh I agree it would, it's just that's why it'll never happen sadly.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Aeldra said:
    Alright, Vengeance... am sold. That was a LOT of fun, even though I did got pushed out quite early. I do think this is certainly not the last one I've been part in and I'll be glad to try again :-)

Also raves for the wildnodes (sadly couldn't stay around for battlechess, already had not enough sleep :( ), giving me hope that PK can actually be fun when it's halfway balanced.

Only gripe I have is that, everytime I try to not run and give someone a fight who attacks me alone, the rest of the team rushes in anyway, ending in me dying or nearly so. But I can understand, no worries, just wished I had more 1vs1 chances during those wildnodes :)
    Wild nodes and villages are a bit too org based to let a random person hang around for too long, I mean you could just be a distraction while the rest of the team snipers the node.

Faethorn is a decentish place to get some smaller scale fights going and you can always tell your team it's a duel to stop them jumping in.
    Veyils said:
    Aeldra said:
    Alright, Vengeance... am sold. That was a LOT of fun, even though I did got pushed out quite early. I do think this is certainly not the last one I've been part in and I'll be glad to try again :-)

Also raves for the wildnodes (sadly couldn't stay around for battlechess, already had not enough sleep :( ), giving me hope that PK can actually be fun when it's halfway balanced.

Only gripe I have is that, everytime I try to not run and give someone a fight who attacks me alone, the rest of the team rushes in anyway, ending in me dying or nearly so. But I can understand, no worries, just wished I had more 1vs1 chances during those wildnodes :)
    Wild nodes and villages are a bit too org based to let a random person hang around for too long, I mean you could just be a distraction while the rest of the team snipers the node.

Faethorn is a decentish place to get some smaller scale fights going and you can always tell your team it's a duel to stop them jumping in.
    I just generally prefer small scale fights over large scale fights, though I get the behavior on wildnodes, even though it had nothing to do with nodes half of the time. It's no matter, I'll simply change my behavior to fleeing.
    edited October 2016
    As I really feel to do so right now, a huge set of raves for @Maylea , @Lisaera , and @Hoaracle for all their big work in front and behind the scenes. I appreciate greatly what you do for all of us and I really hope we do get the chance to give back a little bit of joy for all you do for us. :heart:

edit: aeldry english bad some days.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Should have played in war event for small scale pk.
    Shuyin said:
    Should have played in war event for small scale pk.

I would've if that wouldn't have been 2 am my time and I was way too sleepy for that :( . will be in battle chess if I can though.
  • Karlach said:
    Hoping for 1v1 during group scenarios is an idealistic dream at best. Pragmatism somewhat trumps e-honour. It's quicker to simply swat down someone and have your side intact while your opposition has one more person stuck in downtime.
    This is true, but 1v1 isn't entirely irrelevant. If you catch someone alone, if your confident in your abilities and your class has the capability, then going for the solo kill can sometimes be worth it, even if you just delay them. Just don't expect it to stay 1v1 for long. Make sure to always pay attention to the situation and your surroundings, and follow your leader's directions, of course.
  • I more or less disagree. Trying to solo pick people is selfish to the group's goals 99% of the time.  It's more fun and more glorious, but it's pretty much always more efficient to pile back into the group as quickly as possible unless you're a melder.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Sometimes efficiency doesn't matter. Sometimes people just want to enjoy themselves; why play if it's not fun, amirite?
  • Super fun village revolt. I haven't done the debating thing since the last time I played, so it was a bit crazy trying to figure out what commands did what (I didn't realize I needed my own mindset until like...an hour or so in >_<), but I had a ton of fun and finally felt useful :D:D:D
  • Karlach said:
    My first peaced revolt since I came back, holy hell am I rusty.

Also really impressed with @Pipra, she was a one woman wrecking crew a lot of the time.
    Good genes.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ixion said:
    Good genes.
    I got a break on Pipra and Tekora.

... full disclosure, I had to run from each of them at least once, too.

There were some good debates around there. :)
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    First time in forever I've been around for a revolt. Highly enjoyable, I don't even mind losing debates! 

The true hero though was my jar of mist - using it won stewartsville, and also Delport! 

• Kalaneya said:
    @maethon, huge raves. I've never been more familiar with emotionlist in my life :D 
    More raves for @Maethon. He's great, and needs to come back from wherever he is.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited October 2016
    Oh yeah, debate runners are the worst >:(
  • I was on my barebones Mudlet laptop, and the revolt caught me just as I was about to leave.

I mostly spent my time just spamming glorygem on people and diverting when needed (and when not needed.......)

Threw together some debating aliases and I think I won against someone? Who knows now; I was half asleep.

10/10 would revolt again
    See you in Sapience.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What is that?

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I last saw that at the Ascension Gala, about a year ago.
  • That's the new materialize jewelry collection power, I believe.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Raves for @Aramel, @Falmiis, and @Daraius. <3 Fun times all around!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    Raves for @Aramel, @Falmiis, and @Daraius. <3 Fun times all around!
    @Sylandra Now that you have an excuse to come to Serenwilde regularly, there will be so much plotting. <3  Our victims targets persons of interest should be very afraid.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Belated:

Thank Iosai for the envoy changes, especially the Pfarewell change.

Also, thank you Raeri for submitting the report to change PFarewell and Shuyin for the distort change
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Yessssss

The Iron Membership has been activated for your account and you have been credited with 100 Membership Credits. You can use CREDITS MEMBERSHIP TRANSFER <amount> to transfer Membership Credits to your currently logged character.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback