Twelve Year Anniversary Events - Timezones, Civil Discussion, and Whatnot

13»

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Fun quiz! Thanks, Admin!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I wasn't sharp enough to answer most stuff quick enough (plus newb, so the only answer I really remembered was the HB tutor :P ), but it was really cool to see so many people and meet the Fates before I had to go. Thank you, both admin and everyone there for making it fun!
  • The Grand Inquisitor sets the next question's point value at 5.
    NEW QUESTION: "Nine Vernals and Nine Seals, their final sacrifice holds. Which Vernal became which Seal? Give 5 examples of name and seal they have become."
    CORRECT ANSWER: "All the time!" <-- Not sure why they used this, but they were manually validating all answers for this one since there were so many possible combinations/options.

-----
    They used that because someone said there wasn't enough time to answer the question.
  • Do astral beasts count for today's death challenge?
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    How is Battlechess going to work as a competition? Will participants just be thrown onto the board, with the last person standing being the victor sort of thing?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    How is Battlechess going to work as a competition? Will participants just be thrown onto the board, with the last person standing being the victor sort of thing?
    It's org vs org. The winning org gets a trophy until the next event.
    So there will likely be an elimination system of sorts? Org fights org, winning org moves on to next round?

Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    So there will likely be an elimination system of sorts? Org fights org, winning org moves on to next round?
    That's how it was last year.
    Marvellous. Thank you, Shedrin. :)

Before an earthly flight

• So, I ended up not enjoying the death event very much. I hadn't known it would be so PK-based, and ended up just QQing to go hang with pals, as the 3rd place reward was only a few bucks. Two thoughts:

1. It looks like if you QQ, you get removed from the event score list? Probably should let people stay on that, in case they d/c during the end.

2. Maybe split this into 2 different events. No-PK solo bashing for one version (more akin to a short-term great hunt) and TEAM DEATH CHALLENGE (this actually sounds really fun to me!): For team death, each org (or small teams people pick?) shares all kill totals. Mobs are worth normal amount, players are worth...50? 100? The rolling murderball that was going on works quite well with this, and it encourages some fun tactics - scatter or roam together? Protect one basher or try to zerg the bashing zones? 

I think if there is going to be that much PK, it should be baked into the event. This way, everyone knows that it's coming and it doesn't feel like you are wasting time if you fight back, but rather part of the event!

• I'm sorry you had a bad time, but you could have asked anyone who's attended one of these before what was in store in the "Death" challenge. (These were, after all, the 12th iteration of these anniversary games.) This is what happens during any event that is initiated as free-pk. You're warned at the top of the event, before you join, that this is the case.

They do great hunts every now and again which are multi-day bashing events, not open-PK. They also do the occasional bashing challenge that isn't open-PK, but never these official ones. As a warning, the death challenge during ascension as well as the chaos hamster hunt will also be like this.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Yeah, and now I know. I'm not complaining about the event, just suggesting an alternative mode to consider, given how the event goes. Might as well reward the fighting if it's going to happen! :)
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Greathunt, that's what you're after! The stamina, not free pk run.

• Not losing the score on qq seems like a good idea. I mean you've already got the score. Also breynd the gods can make hunting events PK or Non PK. So it's entirely possible to have both.

I mean the influence event was non-pk set. PK on seems to make it more of a team event though, I would not have placed in death without talon babysitting me and the kill squad chasing down enemies/protecting me.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited October 2016
    Anniversary death can be either PK on or off at the discretion of the admin in charge, it can change from year to year.

A straight up pk off bashing contest is very dull for an hour, it simply rewards those who stack the most buffs and artifacts who can clear one or more several lucrative spots.

PK free makes the event fun, you need to habe a wider variety of target locations, be ready to drpp and run and constantly relocate to a new area knowing success puts you at greater risk of being hunted down. Need to kill, move, repeat.

Learn your means of escape from areas, find areas that are difficult to access to give yourself longer uptime on your killing and have a team to coordinate with, as well as friends defending you and killing your opposition.

Ultimately, short of icedigger pits (PLEASE FIX THESE ALREADY) nowhere is safe forever.

Plus it's great practice for the real thing come Ascension.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    And more auctions
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    it's been about a year since the last.

• Those with dice should just GLARE at them, to change that troublesome room.
  • Due to the nature of the prize of the hunt, I had to request @Talan's post be deleted. While it is one thing to work together and get answers, it is another thing entirely to post the solutions on the official forums, particularly, again, given the prize.

I/we totes appreciate your thanking us, though, @Talan! Other than that one room, hope/glad you had fun.
  • (Don't tell Zvoltz but can I be an honorary member of your order now?)