Gehmuht's Vision Quest....? Kinda?

Mostly posting this so @everiine knows where the new braves are getting their ideas from. I'm sorry, I didn't know what to dooooooo!

--- I log in. Immediately...---

Mythridox tells you, "Fancy being you! Want to come over to help Gehmuht with a vision quest?"

--- GWHO is just me and them. Oh dear.---

You tell Serenguard Mythridox, "I...can try, in a bit."

Mythridox tells you, "You just need to represent Brother white Hart and say a phrase, is all."

You gently rise into the air and dance along a moonbeam to Mythridox.

Grasses beside Moon River.(Serenwilde Forest.)
A few light wisps of cloud are spread high in the sky. This small area of grass leads from the Alabaster Road down to the banks of the Moon River. The road to the south is a line of white stone, threading beneath the tall trees that crowd around it. Moon River to the northwest, however, is a wide expanse of water, a massive river that cuts a path through the trees and forces them apart. Gravel lines the banks as they slope down to meet the river's edge. Reaching up as high as the eye can see looms the awesome presence of a living totem. Two concentric circles of stones are set out in the grasses here. A mature oak tree stands proudly here. A totemic jaguar standard sits here, watching over its surroundings. A small red squirrel with a bushy tail looks at you with big brown eyes. Blinking a slow, gentle silver, a firefly rests here momentarily. Seren Brave Gehmuht is here. Mythridox is here, pondering thoughtfully. He wields a longsword of the stag and moon in each hand.

Mythridox hugs you compassionately.

You hug Mythridox compassionately.

Serenguard Mythridox exclaims, "Breandryn!"

Shifting his attention to you, Gehmuht powerfully slams a fist against his own chest in a tribal display of respect.

Proudly standing at full attention, you slam a fist against your body in a fierce tribal salute that reverberates throughout your body.

Grinning, you say to Mythridox, "I was just thinking about you, earlier, and how I hadn't seen you."

Serenguard Mythridox says to you, "Meet Gehmuht, a Seren Brave."

Serenguard Mythridox asks you, "I've been resting for quite a bit haven't I?"

Mythridox beams broadly.

You have emoted: Breandryn nods to Gehmuht with a bright smile. "Greeting, Brave Gehmuht. I'm Breandryn," she says. "We are here for a vision quest?"

Gehmuht nods his head emphatically.

Seren Brave Gehmuht says, "We tried twice before, but apparently it was night."

In a low whisper, you say to Mythridox, "It's ok. I haven't finished the gloves yet, anyways."

Mythridox flashes you a joyous smile.

Serenguard Mythridox asks, "I'll represent Mother Moon. Breandryn will you represent White Hart?"

You have emoted: Breandryn's gaze shifts, attention briefly caught as a firefly's sparkles drift through the air. Blinking back at Mythridox's voice, she nods firmly. One hand lifts, and she half-grins, fingers touching the antlered head-dress on her brow.

Mythridox tells you, "Ghelp VISIONS is it?"

You nod your head at Mythridox.

--- Cue me frantically reading GHELPs to try to figure out what to do... ---

Serenguard Mythridox whispers, "What lovely weather..."

--- Thanks for covering for my silence, protege XD ---

Gehmuht ponders the situation.

Serenguard Mythridox asks Gehmuht, "Are you ready, Gehmuht?"

You have emoted: Breandryn clears her throat, hands extended to either side  towards the much larger two of you, reaching out to draw you into a small circle, mirroring the stones about you. Softly, she says, "Ready?"

Seren Brave Gehmuht says, "I am ready."

Gehmuht steps carefully into the small circle.

Serenguard Mythridox says to Gehmuht, "Unarmed?"

Seren Brave Gehmuht says, "Does it count that the swords are in my pack?"

Seren Brave Gehmuht says, "Should I drop that, as well?"

Mythridox's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Serenguard Mythridox says, "No."

Seren Brave Gehmuht says, "Then I am unarmed."

You have emoted: Breandryn sheathes her own swords, blushing at her lapse. She nods. Everyone is ready - the vision quest may begin.

"Good!" Mythridox enthuses.

Gehmuht sits himself down.

Mythridox urges you onwards.

You have emoted: Breandryn lifts her hands towards the sky - for a moment, as she speaks, she faintly conjures up...not the image, but the impression perhaps, the same energy as a leaping stag, brightly wishing, "May the spirit of White Hart bring you wisdom!"

Serenguard Mythridox says, "May the spirit of the Mother Moon light your path."

Seren Brave Gehmuht says, "May the ancestor spirits guide me on my journey."

Gehmuht shakes his head.

Serenguard Mythridox asks, "Nothing?"

Seren Brave Gehmuht says, "A bit queasy."

--- This is when I begin to suspect that the "quest" is actually emoted. Halp I need a guild adult. Halp I think that's me ---

You have emoted: Breandryn joins Gehmuht on the ground, patting the grass beside her. "It can take time," she explains. "Sit. Be patient."

Gehmuht sits himself down.

You have emoted: At first, nothing changes and it seems Breandryn is wrong. The sun shines down and a bird chirps overhead. An ordinary day...but then something changes, some tension enters the air, electric and charged, as a heavy, coppery scent invades your nostrils. Even the light seems to change, as if a hazy cloud has crossed over the sky, casting a gloomy glow over the clearing.
Mythridox kneels on the grasses beside you then crosses his legs, eager to see what happens next.

You have emoted: Then...pounding, rhythmic. Breandryn's ears twitch and she glances to either side, trying to pinpoint the sound - curiously, it seems both she and Mythridox has been swept into this blooming vision as well.

Mythridox peers about himself unscrupulously.

Gehmuht wrinkles his nose and sniffs.

You have emoted: The sound deepens, swelling into heavy thuds - hoofbeats, pounding, churning, racing in a maddened gallop. From the shaking of the earth, it must be dozens, if not more, an entire tribe of warriors...and the sound is getting louder, coming right towards Mythridox and Breandryn and Gehmuht.

Mythridox mutters to himself, "I really wasn't expecting this..."

Gehmuht swivels his ears about, trying to focus on some errant sound.

You have emoted: Breandryn blinks warily about her, tumbling back a few paces until she is in the lee of one of the standing stones. She hisses, trying to catch your attention, and frantically beckons at you to join her in the small bit of shelter the rock provides. As she does, your brain places the odd, metallic scent in the air - it's blood. Lots of it.

A fierce timberwolf tilts back his head in a low, resonant howl.

Gehmuht scampers over to Breandryn quickly, on all fours.

Mythridox sprints over to Breandryn's side, curious and bewildered.

You have emoted: You barely just make it into the shadow of the stones when the branches and brambles surrounding the clearing rustle, the hoofbeats nearly upon you. Breandryn spreads her arms, doing her best to shield you two with her small body. She looks a bit nervous - this is her first quest and it's obvious that she's worried something has gone wrong.

Mythridox crowds over you in an attempt to protect you from the oncoming siege of hooves nearby.

Gehmuht peers about himself, a low rumbling growl in his throat barely audible over the hoofbeats.

You have emoted: Before a heatbeat passes, they are here, galloping through the clearing in a thunderous stampede. The sound is deafening and Breandryn's ears flick in pain. Two by two, they rush by, and somewhere quite nearby a warhorn is blown, its cry taken up by each centaur passing your small, vulnerable shelter. You can catch glimpses of their appearance, just snatches and shreds as they gallop past, but what you see is chilling - weapons at the ready, blood staining their hands, each centaur is boldly, solemnly painted for battle.

Mythridox mouth gapes open in awe marveling at the army of Centaurs making there way past the feeble shelter.

Gehmuht warily watches the centaurs rushing by.

You have emoted: For several long, tense moments the warband gallops by, and then the torrent trickles, until just the rear guard remains, trotting along more slowly to scout the company's backline for any dangers. Eyes flashing, the final scout sweeps his gaze across the clearing, and then halts, eyes narrowed - he is staring directly at the rock Breandryn and Mythridox and Gehmuht stand beneath. Sternly, he calls out, "I cannot see you, but I can sense you - who is there!"

You have emoted: Breandryn blinks, surprised to be addressed, and nudges Gehmuht.

Mythridox urges Gehmuht onwards.

Gehmuht steps forward, still wary, and says "Seren Brave Gehmuht".

You have emoted: "Seren Brave," the centaur echoes your words in a harsh, strong voice, mulling over their meaning. His hands flex about the spear he holds, adjusting his grip. Beside you, Breandryn shifts her weight, her own hand slipping down towards the sword sheathed at her hip. She does not draw it, mindful of the quest's demands, but it's clear she wants to. "Seren Brave," the centaur repeats again, voice echoing loudly through the clearing as the other hoofbeats die away in the distance. "No. The only tribe in these woods is that of the centaurs. Invader!"

You have emoted: The centaur lunges forwards, spear slicing through the air - where it slashes, you can see reality itself rippling, gashes torn and rent away to leave glimpses of the sunny clearing you and Breandryn began the quest in. The vision knits itself together in the wake of his attacks, and the centaur peers warily towards where you stand. "Who are you!" he demands.

Gehmuht says more firmly, "I told you. I am Seren Brave Gehmuht," as he steps further away from the rock, hands raised to show he means no harm.

Torgaddon arrives from the south.

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says to you, "Hello."

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says to you, "We need to talk."

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says to Gehmuht, "Seren Brave, you have the mushroom?"

You have emoted: Breandryn hangs back, watching silently as Gehmuht steps forwards to approach the centaur in the vision.

You have emoted: The centaur narrows his eyes, peering across the clearing. Away from the rock, your form seems to substantiate for him, although it seems he remains unable to sense Breandryn and now Torgaddon - perhaps because this quest is Gehmuht's vision, not her's or his. "Who ARE you?" the centaur repeats, spear lowering until the razor-edged stone blade is pointed at your throat. It seems he is wary...but curious. "More than a title - who are YOU?"

In a murmur, transfixed by the shared vision, you say to Torgaddon, "Yes, Chieftain. We...I think we are nearly done."

Gehmuht peers about himself unscrupulously.

Torgaddon draws his claymore enough to challenge the spear at his throat. "How dare you raise up arms against your kin, you Centaur seem more fearful than brave," he challenges, but does not swat the spear from his throat, merely gripping the forestal claymore in his hands.

You have emoted: The centaur seems unable to see or hear Torgaddon or Breandryn - his stare remains fixed firmly on Gehmuht, his spear unwavering.

Torgaddon Hartfire smirks wryly, glancing at you then back at the Centaur present. Unmoving as patient as ever, not wavering but more intrigued at such an abadance of something unseen in the air.

Gehmuht say "I am a resident of the Serenwilde, a defender of the last true forest in the Basin."

You tell Serenguard Mythridox, "The centaur is asking the Brave who is he."

--- Poor Myth kept d/cing ---

Mythridox blinks.

Mythridox mutters something under his breath.

You have emoted: The centaur's nostrils flare. "The Serenwilde is at war," he growls back, sizing Gehmuht up with a piercing stare. Gradually, his spear lowers, expression grim. He nods once at you, gruffly allowing, "...But perhaps not with you, small one." His tail swishes and his stare briefly glances beyond Gehmuht, sliding past where Breandryn , Mythridox and Torgaddon stand. "No," the centaur agrees, bowing his head in a slight cant. "The forest needs all the defenders it can get."

Gehmuht says, with hand to his chest, "It will be defended."

Mythridox clearly fazed by his recent wakening, looks up slowly and nods in agreement with Gehmuht.

You have emoted: The centaur's gaze - far more wild and harsh than the ones found in...the present...lingers on Gehmuht, and he finally nods at the affirmation, making a low rumbling noise in his throat. It seems he approves of something he sees in the Brave, and, without a further word, he bounds away, leaving all of you alone. Hoofbeats fade into the distance and color slowly creeps back into the world. Breandryn exhales slowly, releasing a pent-up breath, and stares at Gehmuht, awestruck.

Torgaddon nods.

In a whisper, you say, "I think that was...long ago, that you conjured." Her eyebrows raise in interest. "Before our tribe existed."

Watching the Centaur leave, Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says, "May that be a lesson to learn from the Centaur."

With a wide-eyed nod, you say to Gehmuht, "You should talk to High Chief Everiine, when you meet him. He is very wise and knows much about the centaurs."

Seren Brave Gehmuht says, "I will be sure to."

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says to Gehmuht, "Believe me, the Centaurs were heavily afflicted with fear during the Civil War, his paranoia is extreme but warranted."

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says to Gehmuht, "Remember, fear is the mind killer."

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says, "It can seize you and then make you do things unthinkable."

You have emoted: Breandryn shakes her head and stretches her limbs, knocking away the last remnants of the vision from her mind. "Thank you," she tells Gehmuht with a bright smile. "For letting me witness that."

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says, "That is why warriors need training in such things to combat the psychological and the physical."

Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says, "Now, I must speak with Serenguard Breandryn."

Torgaddon beckons you to him.

Mythridox thanks Gehmuht profusely and pats him on the back in a friendly manner.

Serenguard Mythridox says to Gehmuht, "That was a good experience for me, Thank you again."

Gehmuht bows respectfully to Mythridox.

You have emoted: Breandryn straightens, giving a proud tribal salute to Gehmuht and Mythridox, before falling in line behind Torgaddon.

Seren Brave Gehmuht says, "Glad I could help."

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Wonderful show of adaptation! The centaur vision quest is actually coded/scripted. My guess is it didn't work because you must SAY your line, not emote it. Once both lines are said, and the third person eats the mushroom, you'll see their eyes glaze over, and they'll be presented with one of a few visions.

That  being said, I loved what you were able to do!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Ah, oops!