Chemset and Zimoru Clarification

SiamSiam Whispered Voice
edited October 2016 in Q&A
Dear Godmins,

We were discussing the chemset and the zimoru syringe today on PF and now I'm a bit confused so I'm asking here. I'd like to get some clarification on the mechanics of the chemset with respect to changing a beast's description.

Do zimoru rerolls depend on the actual feeds we give to the beasts? Or can we bypass the need to wait altogether by spamming chemset commands?

Thanks!
Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Comments

• Isune once told us that the zimoru rerolls will differ with the method you use to feed them. There are some appearances that are only available via use of chemset, and some that are only available with the traditional feeding. Some that are available only as a lucky draw from the very first maturation, and some that are only available if you actually zimoru your beast.

Hope this helps and I'm not accidentally misleading you.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    That helps a lot, @Maligorn. Thank you!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Maligorn said:
    Isune once told us that the zimoru rerolls will differ with the method you use to feed them. There are some appearances that are only available via use of chemset, and some that are only available with the traditional feeding. Some that are available only as a lucky draw from the very first maturation, and some that are only available if you actually zimoru your beast.

Hope this helps and I'm not accidentally misleading you.
    I really hope that's not the case. Artifacts are supposed to make these sorts of things easier, not harder. Also first maturation one-off RNG? Bleh.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I suspect it also depends on the beasts, too.

#bringShikariback 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Whoever bought out all the zimoru last month, I hate you. Hoping there's still some in Stock by the time I log in. 

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I think it's less complicated than Maligorn poses it is. I got the impression it's all feed-based, and from owning a chemset myself, that just lets me adjust feed levels. Which is handy for getting precisely the formula you want.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • My understanding was that feed-volume factored in - and some options would not become available until a certain amount of total feeds had been consumed, not just a percentage. How does this work with the chemset?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Talan said:
    My understanding was that feed-volume factored in - and some options would not become available until a certain amount of total feeds had been consumed, not just a percentage. How does this work with the chemset?
    Oh! I think some feeds are opposing in terms of what they affect? Like I've noticed when I feed a thunderbird primarily meatfeed, I get physical descriptors that are more tough and whatnot, but when I feed a thunderbird primarily wheatfeed, those specific modifiers shift and cycle through a softer variation of colors and wing types. So if before I was getting ruby and onyx etc with meat, now I'm getting sapphire and amethyst etc with wheat.

Which is to say I think the feed ratio matters, depending on which feed is the dominant feed for a specific modifier. You've got to play around to figure out what feeds affect which modifiers for your beast, and consider which feeds seem opposed to each other. That's what playing with my chemset implies, at least.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • So if I wanted a black crow what would be the best feed?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• The flesh of your enemies?
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...