Simple questions?

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Not necessarily. Stuff like quest items don't show them either.
  • Is there any way to preview a stole? I'd like to buy one, but I don't want to do so without knowing what I'm actually going to look like in it.
  • Shaddus said:
    Has anyone seen Lisaera lately?

Simpler question: if something doesn't have a decay time, is it safe to assume it won't decay?
    Probably a safe bet if you've had it for more than a day and it is still around. You can always issue with your item number if it seems wrong or you want to make double sure. 
  • AUDIT helps too.
  • Shaddus said:
    Has anyone seen Lisaera lately?

Simpler question: if something doesn't have a decay time, is it safe to assume it won't decay?
    No, Am pretty sure she won't decay though....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited November 2016
    So I really am enjoying learning illuminati PK. It resonates well with me. However, I do not enjoy attacking other orgs. Just a minor rant I guess. I want to PK but there really have not been many opportunities to do so. Between my login times and when things line up, there has been one 10 minute battle in about a week.

I could shift my RP and become more aggressive (and maybe Brea will go there), but that's never going to really work for me, personally. I have no desire at the OOC level to attack orgs or people unless it is within some conflict mechanic like revolts or fits some RP setup.

So yeah. I enjoy fighting but can't seem to find a reason to. Spars and wargames are also frustrating because if I lose there goes like 20-30 power from all the defs, and I have nothing much to show for it. :(

I want meaningful combat, without being greify or antagonistic, and am not sure how to find it. What can I do?
  • edited November 2016
    Breandryn said:
    So I really am enjoying learning illuminati PK. It resonates well with me. However, I do not enjoy attacking other orgs. Just a minor rant I guess. I want to PK but there really have not been many opportunities to do so. Between my login times and when things line up, there has been one 10 minute battle in about a week.

I could shift my RP and become more aggressive (and maybe Brea will go there), but that's never going to really work for me, personally. I have no desire at the OOC level to attack orgs or people unless it is within some conflict mechanic like revolts or fits some RP setup.

So yeah. I enjoy fighting but can't seem to find a reason to. Spars and wargames are also frustrating because if I lose there goes like 20-30 power from all the defs, and I have nothing much to show for it. :(

I want meaningful combat, without being greify or antagonistic, and am not sure how to find it. What can I do?

Revolts and Domoths then?

Also wild nodes this weekend.

But I know what you mean outside of being lucky when this stuff happens raids are basically it.

• That's what I've been doing. Just wondering if there were any other ways to PK without being a bitch or griefer.
  • edited November 2016
    Eh if people are playing around the elemental plane or ethereal you are not really being bitchy or griefing if you murder them. 

Also if your not sure just hang around and let them attack you first, then you know who wants to fight.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Can also try to rekindle the Klangratch arena.
  • edited November 2016
    I'd actually like to encourage more of the established players to jump in the arena with newer people as well, there's a lot of folks who show up for events and fights and are pretty good but don't spar or such. I get that most of the more experienced folks don't need to learn much more and that they've seen every other class in action and they may not get much from sparing a newbie but the newbie will get a lot out of it.

The reason I say this is if there are people looking learn combat it is often hard finding people to spar with to test stuff on different classes which could be a bit off-putting. I mean I've been playing the game for four months now and I'm pretty sure I've not seen most of the classes in a spar or Wargames.

Use Spar who more often folks :smile:
  • My issue with arena fighting (and yeah, I know this is super picky) is that I hate going against allies, and I especially hate fighting Hallifaxians. There is never going to be a time when I have to fight Hallis using a Halli skillset, so it's moot to do so unless you're practicing some kind of fundamental. Fighting against allies faces a similar, if less permanent issue. -shrug-

• Veyils said:
    Eh if people are playing around the elemental plane or ethereal you are not really being bitchy or griefing if you murder them. 

Also if your not sure just hang around and let them attack you first, then you know who wants to fight.
    Sorry I just re-read what I wrote. I didn't mean to imply that people are griefers. I just meant that I know I got that way in the past so I'm trying to avoid aggression so I don't get that way again.
  • My problem is it's a pain having to sort out allies/enemies every time I join a wargames.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited November 2016
    EDIT: Move along people, nothing to see here.
  • Falmiis said:
    My problem is it's a pain having to sort out allies/enemies every time I join a wargames.
    Some IREs have separate enemy/ally lists for arena. I remember that being very useful.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Sparring doesn't get me anything except that it makes my enemies better at fighting me. if they're gonna get that, I wanna get paid in credits or salt.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    It gets you opponents who don't fold like an origami crane.
  • Shuyin said:
    Sparring doesn't get me anything except that it makes my enemies better at fighting me. if they're gonna get that, I wanna get paid in credits or salt.
    This attitude is great for the game.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Falmiis said:
    Shuyin said:
    This attitude is great for the game.
    I'd take this over the 'your skills are all OP and our skills suck' attitude that's pretty prevalent.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I mean, it's not like I don't answer questions when people ask, but I'm not gonna go out of my way to go into the arena with people out of the goodness of my heart (unless I feel like it) just because it might just encourage the Next Big PKer. I have no obligation to do that which I feel is perfectly fair.

Also tbh arena sparring is so fake, how much can it really teach you? ents don't die, cures don't run out ,  it's timed, etc. 

• Sparing teaches you a lot to be fair, I mean like its how you can see how skills work. 

Like I couldn't find any institutes to spar to figure out how to combat rubiesand still keep an offence going as a warrior so i just had to raid until a few came up to attack me which is way more complicated and adds in extra stuff to factor in than just a single institute person sparing me.
  • The idea that you can't learn anything from spars is silly. I've learned a lot from sparring over the past few weeks, from enemies and allies alike. Sure, it isn't a completely realistic environment, but it gives you a contained arena in which to test things and get a feel for different situations, and the controlled environment makes it easier to see where improvement is needed. There are a lot of things that you can only learn in an actual fight, but that doesn't mean there is nothing to be gained from sparring. 

I am extremely appreciative of all the enemies I've sparred who have taken the time to talk to me and give advice, and then spar me again to put my application of this advice to the test. If it weren't for them, I don't know if I would be keeping up with combat. As a bonus, it's even helping me to improve my pitiful coding ability. I'm glad that this, "I don't want to help my enemies get better" mentality doesn't seem to be the norm, else I'd be having a lot less fun learning to fight, and with Lusternia in general.
    P.S. I didn't say sparring didn't teach you things. It's more than adequate for people who want to get into things/learn. You people are reacting to the wrong part of the statement lol.

It's not gonna be enough to help you kill NumberOneKillMaster McKillingston is all.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Shuyin said:

It's not gonna be enough to help you kill NumberOneKillMaster McKillingston is all.
    The prime tactic for taking him out is not fighting him. Sooner or later, he gets bored and goes to play some other IRE game, leaving us to play while he's not here.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Just the more people sparing the more active the pvp scene gets the more fun the games gets to me :D
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited November 2016
    The Imperial Honoured House of Ladyn is liable to descend into obscurity without involving itself
    more in the goings on of the Basin of Life. The House must overcome recent dishonours equivalent to
    2910% of its standard threshold before it can begin to foster good relations again.

What in the world would probably cause this much dishonors? <.< I know we lost a banner house, but... I looked through the recent logs and it's the only thing I've seen.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    That would be it. A very hefty blow to honour. 

• Which gods give regular favors for offering lately, or is this no longer a thing?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Breandryn said:

I read all the other comments, and the answer here is a duel. Find meaningful RP with enemies and challenge them to duels. Hell I used to ask for spars/duels on market when I was figuring stuff out. Some people will give all kinds of excuses just smile, nod, and keep asking around. It will lead you do some very awesome enemy relationships. But yeah, duels won't have those restrictions like the arenas do and you can fight on ethereal so xp loss is nothing to cry over. Demi or not. :)