[Mudlet] Enhanced Honors

If you're like me, you want to be able to see some basic information about another player, such as what City/Commune they belong to, which Guild they're in, etc. Unfortunately, due to the way HONORS works (and due to laurels), you often won't see that information unless you also belong to the same City/Guild.

Luckily, IRE provides a simple RESTful API to display some of that information, no matter what your relationship to that person is. I've gone ahead and created a simple reflex in order to display some of that information for you. You may download the package here: https://gist.github.com/zcdziura/5aa37c34ff279593dadee9738b12bd88

To install:
  1. Click on the button towards the top-right of the page that says "Download ZIP". Extract that ZIP file somewhere on your computer.
  2. Within Mudlet, click on the "Package Manager" button at the top. On the window that pops up, click "Install". Navigate to wherever you extracted that file and select the "PlayerWho.xml" file.
To use, simply type PWHO <person>. If that individual exists, you'll see their name, race, level, city/commune, and guild. If not, a relevant error message will appear.

Comments

• edited October 2016
    It keeps throwing out 'No player information found' after using honors and the honors display. Otherwise seems perfectly functional. This is EXTREMELY problematic when using MMF's NDB update all.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • I'll have a look into it. @Eicia was saying how she had that issue. I've personally not run into it.

Is it consistently displaying the "No player information found" message after EVERY "honors" command? If so, mind pasting an output of the Debug window when that happens?

• Tridemon said:
    This is EXTREMELY problematic when using MMF's NDB update all.
    Ooohh! I forgot about NameDB (I personally don't use it). I'll push up an update then to get around that.

• edited October 2016
    I've pushed an update that should (hopefully) work around NameDB. Please uninstall your old version, redownload, and test it out again.

• Definitely appears fixed now!
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Juuuuust notice you fixed such a minor problem. Thanks!