Ninja Change to Figurines?

ShaddusShaddus , the Leper MessiahOutside your window.
In the semi-recent past, you could generally take 50 or so level 1 figurines and have a battle royale. After a long while you would end up with roughly a level 40 figurine, it having eaten all of the other ones in a Morgfyrean rage.

This morning, I ran a fight with 70+ figurines and ended up with a level 29 figurine at the end. Was there a recent change to figurines that I didn't notice?
Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Comments

• edited May 2013
    You must have been very lucky in the past. I'm pretty sure it's always been a negative-sum game for each fight: the dying figurine loses more xp/months than the winning figurine gains. So in a battle royale, the first however many rounds can be really lossy as the few figurines that reach lv2+ then get teamed down and lose it. 

Not to mention that if X kills Y, then Z kills X, Z gains less than if Z had killed X and Y separately.

I think.

EDIT: From speaking with a professional figurine leveller, this isn't quite correct. The experience gained from fighting higher-level figurines outweighs the cost of levelling them.