Help me create a custom athame!

CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
edited April 2013 in Ideas

I'm not uber creative, but I am indecisive, so I need a little help. I'm trying to keep away from ULTIMA SHADOWSPEAR , THE ATHAME OF ETERNAL AND ENDLESS MIDNIGHT or other gratuitous legendary named swords.

Here are my ideas so far:

A whisper thin blade of living shadow.

A fang of Black Shuck. (Or Black Shuck's Fang)

A fang of Gwyllgi. (Or Gwyllgi's Fang)

A thorn of Glumki. (Or Glumki's Thorn)

A shattered Stag antler wreathed in darkness.

Something with @Shikari in it, because I luff him, but I haven't fleshed this one out.

Any suggestions or or other ideas?

Comments

• But there are so many fun things to do with overblown names. You seriously don't want dha'Kar'Nekcra'Ishtal'nae'Dom, the Blade of the Moonlight's End?

Hmm... but let's see.

an athame formed from a screaming leprechaun. Make him do something useful for once in his life.

the Thorn of the Heartless?

a writhing athame woven from living thornbeasts?

the Edge of Maeve's Madness?
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    My vote is in for Gwyllgi's Fang.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Just to note, it still has to be an athame; you might be able to get away with "dagger" or something, but I'm pretty sure you can't just call it "a bloodied barghest fang" or something like that. You'd need to check with artifacts@lusternia.com to be certain, though.

That doesn't mean you can't call it "Gwyllgi's Fang" as a proper name, or even make the blade a barghest fang, of course.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I wonder if you could call a dagger a warhammer/tubesock/watermelon then so long as you make it a Legendary Named Weapon.

Gwyllgi's Parasol

Damn it named weapons.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Ashandarei

I kind of like this and was planning on making one out of a halberd in my cavalier warrior days. It is rather fitting as it is a pure black... and with the ravens (Can replace with crows)... but eh, not sure how much the admins would like such a concept for converting an athame.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    The dagger thing is kinda sketchy as I recall there being a Moondancer who had a moon-blessed kris dagger.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited April 2013
    Shuyin said:
    I wonder if you could call a dagger a warhammer/tubesock/watermelon then so long as you make it a Legendary Named Weapon.

Gwyllgi's Parasol

Damn it named weapons.
    Nope, it still needs to resemble the original weapon and use that noun somewhere, even if it is not in the name itself, at LEAST in the description.

For example, Kagatos symbol is known as "Umbra Tenuitas, Symbol of Serenity", but in the room description it simply says "he is wielding Umbra Tenuitas in his left hand"

*quote from HELP CUSTOMISATION*

You can do pretty much whatever you want in customising an item, as long as you

don't try to change the basic type of thing which it is. A ring can't become a

shield, for example, and a musical instrument can't become a cloak.

I remember this particularly because I was told when I made some enquiries a while back that a symbol can't be changed into a scepter or book or anything like that.

Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?