Lusternia Wiki

1235»

Comments

• Trill also had that caveat that Xenthos mentioned.

• edited December 2016
    @Dusiana Courtesy of the Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20070204073326/http://www.lusternia.com/races.php?inc=racesintro

has all the old stats and sizes!

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • @Orventa  nice! I'd like to see those infos on the wiki too :smile:  
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Maligorn said:
    Trill also had that caveat that Xenthos mentioned.
    I think Dwarves and another race had it in the other direction, too. Shorter, but more dense than the size would indicate.
  • edited December 2016
    Orventa said:
    Keep in mind that Faelings [being descended from elfen and Fae]vary quite a bit, xenthos is 8 feet or so, and i am about 6 inches[and tiarnis is even smaller, so much that the Events writer quoted part of his description when first mentioning him].
    And others tend to be around 2-5 feet in height.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    The 1 size = 6 inches height thing isn't a very good guideline. I recall mention that size was mass more than it was height; after all, it was supposed to be an indication of how easily someone might be moved and such, not an RP stat for how tall you are. This is why we have 5 foot tall trill walking about. Awful.

I very much agree that it would be really nice to have more details on the average builds for each race. Denizens seem to follow some racial standards, so this information has to exist somewhere, even if it's only in somebody's head at the moment. Write it down for us, please! It would make so many of us very happy to know. :mrgreen:
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Tylwyth said:
    Orventa said:
    Keep in mind that Faelings [being descended from elfen and Fae]vary quite a bit, xenthos is 8 feet or so, and i am about 6 inches[and tiarnis is even smaller, so much that the Events writer quoted part of his description when first mentioning him].
    And others tend to be around 2-5 feet in height.
    Xenthos is not 8 feet because he is a Faeling, he is 8 feet because there is (rather, was) a Demigod power "expand" and he expanded himself up to size 16.  The size stat went away, but the precedent for Demigods being able to expand / shrink themselves still exists.

There was similarly an expand / shrink enchantment people could use, which also provided some flexibility for non-Demigods (though not as much, it was a 3-point size difference, I think, which could get Faelings down to about 6 inches... or less, if they were already on the short side).
    Phoebus said:
    The 1 size = 6 inches height thing isn't a very good guideline. I recall mention that size was mass more than it was height; after all, it was supposed to be an indication of how easily someone might be moved and such, not an RP stat for how tall you are. This is why we have 5 foot tall trill walking about. Awful.

I very much agree that it would be really nice to have more details on the average builds for each race. Denizens seem to follow some racial standards, so this information has to exist somewhere, even if it's only in somebody's head at the moment. Write it down for us, please! It would make so many of us very happy to know. :mrgreen:
    It is the official guideline, but you are right that it was clarified that it is more related to mass.  That's just a rough baseline for a general estimate (more height often meaning more mass).  As with all rough estimates there are bound to be outliers / exceptions, there is no exact formula.

If they actually want to give us exact numbers (or even ranges), then great!  But in the meantime, some guidance is better than none at all.  Newbies need some help to let them know what height they should make their character, because if they don't then we get really bizarre stuff.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    1/2 your size or 3 points, whichever was greater. Faelings were 4, furrikin 6,  so it worked out to 3 for both of the small cases, but I think Hume got reduced to 6 from 12. Enlarge was only a 3 point shift, IIRC, but was 3 points for everyone (unless it was countering your diminish to make you normal size.) I think though that as long as you were +|- 6 inches from the 'canon' height people generally didn't raise a fuss.
  • edited December 2016
    Estarra thinks that the average height of a faeling is around 3 feet...even though I think of them smaller..
  • I thought three feet was on the tall side for faelings. 3-4 I guess would be average for shadow lord faelings though what with being the same size as furrikin then I guess?
  • Shadowlord faelings were size 5 whereas regular faelings were size 3, iirc....
    So they were a bit taller. Just look around the Forest next a bunch of us are awake...

Shadowlords were size 6.
  • right been awhile....

• Forgot to say that the old racial stats have been added on the wiki: http://wiki.lusternia.com/Races_(pre-overhaul)

*Note that not all the races have their own page on the wiki. I hope this will be fixed. (Actually some extra infos on them would be appreciated too).
  • was wondering if i'd be able to update the wiki for beasts, or if there's someone i can send some missing info to/
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited March 2017
    Send it to me and I can add it, particularly if it's just table updates. 

EDIT: Also yeah, you're welcome aboard :p
  • Harmonics needs to be updated, since some gems don't do what they used to (looking at you diamond)

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
    Harmonics is updated and in templates now. Crystalweapon looks janky but eh. Tedium. 
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Any chance we could add into the Bookbinding section for skills a table for the different sizes of books? It lists them in each of the ABs in game, but it doesn't list it at all on the wiki.
    Sure
  • Luce said:
    I know this is a bit bigger of an ask, but could we expand the wiki to include publicly-accessible lore? Like, not the histories, but stuff like what happened with Ayridion, the recent events, area releases, that sort of thing.
    I'm working on some of this so far as it's related to the Celest side of things.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Luce said:
    I know this is a bit bigger of an ask, but could we expand the wiki to include publicly-accessible lore? Like, not the histories, but stuff like what happened with Ayridion, the recent events, area releases, that sort of thing.
    I know I'd be willing to compile some stuff from the Mag side of things, if you could give a list of stuff you'd be particularly willing to see then it would definitely help. What are the things that (looking at the Wiki) people would want to see (preferably that isn't just a link to the lusternia website)?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • My wish-list includes history and current status of all known elder and soulless gods, information about all known vernal gods, and information about all end of year events. It probably includes a bunch of other stuff which I can't think of right now. I say this despite the fact that I should probably be building some of this content :(

That being said, when I work up the courage I hope to completely redo the honours page, broken up in the style of HELP 14.1.2 (and the current discussion page) and add as many non-included lines as possible. I'll start working on it unless folks have objections.
  • I've already written up the Glomdoring side of things ingame.
  • How do people feel about the formatting here? It's obviously missing most of the content, but I think it's easier to finalize formatting and such before adding most of the content rather than making changes ex-post.