Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• From an ooc standpoint, Ixion didn't really have a choice about his role in that event, or even his involvement.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Exactly. I mean, Shaddus despises Mysrai with a passion, but he's not going to work against Gaudi no matter how much he likes (liked) Hallifax.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Just because you're forced into doing something from another force doesn't mean you should have diplomatic immunity for it. That's crazy.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Shaddus said:
    Exactly. I mean, Shaddus despises Mysrai with a passion, but he's not going to work against Gaudi no matter how much he likes (liked) Hallifax.
    It's not even that. Ixion was tapped by the divine to play a certain part. Short of alliance-shattering-betrayal, or logging off, he didn't really have an opt out.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Well, he did have the option of alliance-shattering-betrayal. 

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Alliance shattering? That's a little hyperbole.

So that's the information he was withholding. I wish he'd just said something like that IC (even vaguely) so that all this drama wasn't happening.

• That's all besides the point. What happened IC is Ixion sided with Gaudiguch/Mysrai so afaic any enmity towards him by Hallifax is totally valid.
    Yarith said:
    Just because you're forced into doing something from another force doesn't mean you should have diplomatic immunity for it. That's crazy.
    No, I completely agree with this. What I disagree with is Maligorn saying that Ixion had an option to support Zvoltz. He really didn't.

As for the trap thing, it was lulzy until they started arguing. Yes, orgs can and will enemy you if you're rude to them. If I recall, there was all of one line between Ixion unenemying Falmiis  and then re-enemying him. That's kinda cruddy.

Ixion needs to pull up his princess panties and either find an excuse to earn that status, or rp it out and have them removed. He should also go out of his way to return the favor and enemy people to whatever orgs he can, because why not. How important is being friendly with Hallifax to Ixion? We'll see in the near future.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Maligorn said:
    Alliance shattering? That's a little hyperbole.

So that's the information he was withholding. I wish he'd just said something like that IC (even vaguely) so that all this drama wasn't happening.
    How would that even go? You want Ixion to contact the leaders of an enemy org and let them know that the divine want him to act against the org, so don't take it personal?
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2016
    tell maligorn I don't have a choice.

(or some variation thereof)

Boom. I'm not saying he -should- have, I'm just saying I wish he had. Nor am I trying to dictate his RP. But again, we're all reasonable people. Hallifaxians IC pride themselves on that! Or you know, most of them do.

• (I'd enemy him anyway js)

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Yarith said:
    (I'd enemy him anyway js)
    That's because you're an incorrigible troll :(

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    But....none of that is mentioned in his enemy status? It blatantly says he was enemied for attacking a citizen in Icewynd. Why wasn't he enemied for the Ashtariel stuff when it happened? No one said Ixion was the model of politeness in the situation but Falmiis openly admits he enemied him out of spite.

So what's the argument?

• edited December 2016
    Shaddus said:
    Yarith said:
    Just because you're forced into doing something from another force doesn't mean you should have diplomatic immunity for it. That's crazy.
    No, I completely agree with this. What I disagree with is Maligorn saying that Ixion had an option to support Zvoltz. He really didn't.

As for the trap thing, it was lulzy until they started arguing. Yes, orgs can and will enemy you if you're rude to them. If I recall, there was all of one line between Ixion unenemying Falmiis  and then re-enemying him. That's kinda cruddy.

Ixion needs to pull up his princess panties and either find an excuse to earn that status, or rp it out and have them removed. He should also go out of his way to return the favor and enemy people to whatever orgs he can, because why not. How important is being friendly with Hallifax to Ixion? We'll see in the near future.

*pulls up lace panties* I've done both already, I do believe...

I RP'd it as far as that would go first with quite a few prominent Hallis. The results were not effective. There's little to do except the alternative in finding an excuse to minorly earn the status, as we saw today. Hindering Falm's questing is what brought his complaining post, and this entire discussion here to tweets. We've come full circle, folks. Heh.

• Why wasn't he enemied for Ashtariel stuff? Because we gave Ixion the benefit of the doubt, considering his attachments. I'm pretty sure everyone else (i.e. Gaudis) were enemied to Zvoltz during the Ashtariel event -- or at least, it was talked about.

• Watching my design in the queue intently, it looks like it was marked for divine review but isn't any more, hopefully it'll be approved soon
  • Falmiis said:
    Lavinya said:
    EDIT: Also the declaration would have faded in a short time anyway, so making a big deal about being an enemy when you basically force people to declare you just to scry is pretty damned petty. You two arguing aside, the enemy status is outrageously spiteful. 'omg I fell into your pits after you had to declare me to scry me and you didn't unenemy me you are clearly out to get Hallifax.' Uhuh.
     I was being hit by his pits all throughout the area, where I was trying to quest. He knew exactly what I was doing (and would have seen me trip all of his pits) but chose to drag out the exchange instead of just unenemying me when I first asked him. This exchange went on for quite some time because I was actually influencing along the way as well. I didn't even realise he had unenemied me for a brief moment until after because I was probably in the middle of influencing and he had enemied me again by the time I moved to the next room.

Was it spiteful? Yeah, maybe, but let's not pretend Ixion is innocent here.
    So you enemied him out of spite which is a legit RP reason for it. No need to apologise for that just well no need to start forum drama over it either.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited December 2016
    nvm
  • edited December 2016
    Turned up to a lecture at Celest, it was fun despite how the conversation went from Saran's point of view.

Cass was really good, but like... Saran is an old forest person, ain't no one going to change his mind like that :P.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Can we please drop this "but the other side did it" argument :( ? We all have seen the thing we complain about on the other side and we fail to see it on our own people. Regardless the iteration, 80% of tweets seems to be about the same issue. I'd love for us to go back to actual tweets ( because they can be really entertaining )

As much as I hate it, maybe it's time we break up our alliances and reform, simply to get this skewed perspectives out of our head.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Saran said:
    Turned up to a lecture at Celest, it was fun despite how the conversation went from Saran's point of view.

Cass was really good, but like... Saran is an old forest person, ain't no one going to change his mind like that :P.

Yeah, it was really hard. It's hard doing anything belief-centric in Lusternia because when you get the groups together it's literally like "I'm right and you're wrong - obviously."

It was fun, I guess. But honestly, I that was probably the worst and most discouraging RP I've ever had. Probably never gonna do that again.
  • I'm hanging onto that 'probably' because Celest/Lusternia needs you right now. RP the crap outta that city. Sometimes, the older players need a bit of a love tap to the head to get them back into the swing of things. I have watched Breandryn breathe a whole new life into Gaudi and we need players who really push us to be better. (I'm not saying older players/chars don't RP...before ya'll jump on me.)
  • Nah. That's not what I meant. The RP was on point from everyone. But as a player, I'm like.. wtf am I even doing anymore. RP in Celest really is either 1) hypocritical or 2) inconsistent.
    It literally can't play out any way other than that. But I can't play anywhere else because I don't really know how. And I can't do evil because reasons.

And ugh.. pity party. But thanks Jarenko for helping me through it. Even though I'm still not convinced I can RP anywhere.
  • Cassander said:
    Nah. That's not what I meant. The RP was on point from everyone. But as a player, I'm like.. wtf am I even doing anymore. RP in Celest really is either 1) hypocritical or 2) inconsistent.
    You did good! It doesn't have to be either of those things. You don't have to RP that Celest/Light is superior to everyone, and that people are heretical if they disagree. Seems like it'd better suit you, if you RP'd it in a way where you have your reasons for being there, instead of other cities. People from those cities don't have to agree with you, but that's why they're -your- reasons. :)
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • edited December 2016
    Cassander said:
    Nah. That's not what I meant. The RP was on point from everyone. But as a player, I'm like.. wtf am I even doing anymore. RP in Celest really is either 1) hypocritical or 2) inconsistent.
    It literally can't play out any way other than that. But I can't play anywhere else because I don't really know how. And I can't do evil because reasons.

And ugh.. pity party. But thanks Jarenko for helping me through it. Even though I'm still not convinced I can RP anywhere.
    For maybe some perspective...

Saran is just as much of a zealot internally about Serenwilde as Cassander is about Celest. He just keeps that inside, when a Seren questions why we ally with the Cities, because they're generally abhorrent to us for various reasons, the explanation is that ultimately we're just using their strength. Like... if he had a button to destroy any city, he'd most likely would press it. (He's totally team Farella >_>)

The stuff you showed us today is the stuff that Celest shows to its enemies, the burning celestial flames. They're the flames that you might turn on everyone in the long run if we don't convert, but for now you need at least some of the outsiders on-side, which is where other approaches come into play.
  • Yeah, I mean, I totally get it. But it doesn't make my headache go away. Lol

I'm also pretty sure that reading through all the help files, AB skill files, and Celest's library, is that there is some incredibly inconsistent ideas about what the "Light" even is. And I think that's where my problem is coming from.
  • Think not of them as inconsistent, but rather as a multi-disciplinary approach to the Light. Not everyone (like actually a small minority) of player Celestians are all about that DROWN THE HERETICS kind of RP.

• I had the same deal in Magnagora but for various other reasons. I ended up giving in and just being all "rah rah Taint everything." But that wasn't Ena's initial plan. It can be fun challenging the current perceptions on light, but you might just be a trend setter. Get yo swag on. ;)
  • The Light as a concept is pretty nebulous compared to the foundation of some others orgs focuses.

Like Mags got the taint and a use any tool available sort of utilitarian stance to fighting the soulless or other threats. Glomdoring and serenwilde has a "my trees are better than your trees and cities should just be trees" thing going on :p So even if it gets more complicated than that it's still a fairly simple concrete foundation to build the more complex stuff on.
  • I always felt that Mag was more of a 'We do what we have to do to keep you fools alive, look at us sacrificing our lives' for you.' than a 'Taint is great come get you some baby.'

And don't even get me started on the freaking cog thing.
This discussion has been closed.