You guys really need to post more logs (and discuss them for the purpose of enhancing the game)

Comments

• Yes, paralysis and frozen count for the prone damage boost. Against non TKs, paralysis+blind would be rough, yes. In that sense, Nekotai do have a substantial advantage as the only class with additional poison attempts outside of beast spit, though on a cooldown just like beast spit. Maybe blind curing should be moved to steam.

• I think a fair few people could get behind separating blindness and paralysis from the cures. Its not just monks who can stack them pretty well.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Veyils said:
    I think a fair few people could get behind separating blindness and paralysis from the cures. Its not just monks who can stack them pretty well.
    Paralysis is also one of the things I've been thinking about-- it was its own separate cure earlier, it's still a delayed cure now, it is spammed by all kinds of things and chews through your dust extraordinarily quickly.  It was created / intended originally to be a separate cure.  I can kind of see blindness being the same general thing (though personally I always cured it with herbs, so not quite), but I haven't really run into it as much.

Basically, yes, I think you're right.  There's a discussion to be had there, at least.
  • I kinda feel the same way. Paralysis got a noticeable boost with the Overhaul. Blind I think is alright on it's own. It always stacked with other things, but blind and paralysis stacking specifically is rough as they both are very strong hinder.
  • Hmm may sound odd but if paralysis was on its own set of cures before you could do something similar in opening it up to being cured by a few things again.

Just the issue with just switching it to just one of the other cures is that its going to give who ever uses that an advantage they didn't have. Like on dust its good for druids and dust stackers, on steam its an extra hinder to for aeon/asthma/timewarp, slush your stacking stupidity paralysis. Ice its a boost to warriors etc.

Apply ice to chest to cure paralysis or eating dust or smoking steam. It keeps it on the new cures but lets you switch to suit the circumstances.

Or just simply make it so that paralysis is cured instantly. Then it's still useful as a dust stack but its not as powerful as it was before.

• Veyils said:

Or just simply make it so that paralysis is cured instantly. Then it's still useful as a dust stack but its not as powerful as it was before.

It's why I thought that focusing paralysis curing it instantly was a feature rather than a bug.
  • My ideal solution would be bringing back focus balance, but that's not likely to be accepted.

I like paralysis as a delayed cure (and I actually wish more things were a delayed cure in general).

A less drastic change could be reducing the dust balance when it cured paralysis to 1s, or even less, and keep the delayed cure. So it's less useful for stacking, but otherwise keeps its use.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    My ideal is to add paresis -  a kind of weaksauce paralysis effect that upgrades to full paralysis if not cured quickly enough or in conjunction with other effects. That way, you can still apply some hindering pressure but it doesn't totally shut down your offense and require you to prioritize healing it immediately. 
  • Maligorn said:
    Here are my contributions to the Tarken menace!

1st in Ethereal Glomdoring, where I severely underestimated my opponent and was thus caught off guard. Also in the panic, I somehow subbed in that ' instead of fly. https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/7Tqa5npm

2nd in the arena 5-10 minutes after, because I was so shocked. To replicate the situation, I didn't use my meld. A false start included. https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/YlGED1gh

In summation, I think my cutting resistance is really abysmal and that's why I was suffering so much.

The first sentence of this post made me happier than you can possibly imagine.

• edited December 2016
    Not the best, but I am learning! I also need to bash more :(

Was a fun wargames :3

I failed my heartburst on Kaimanahi, then Shedrin timequaked and ks'd me, when it would've succeeded :(

Still got Falmiis and Yarith!
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Trying out some new strategies and triggers. Broke my truename/Illuminate trigger so had to spam it at the end.

Need to play around with more streamlining.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/WPGzmCiY

• Doesn't Truename add a multiplier on insanity given/give a bunch of insanity on hit? I'm only asking because you truename'd at massive instead of moderate. Or is it just because your trigger broke?

Xiel's site says it just gives a damage buff :?.

• It gives a 1/8 damage buff. I truenamed at massive cause my trigger broke and I had to manual it.
  • Xiel's site isn't up to date, afaik
  • edited December 2016
    I've found a class I really don't like fighting!

Proceeded to lose the following two or three because of stupid, simple mistakes. Which I've since fixed. I didn't get to log the losses, just fix/make echoes for things I screwed up. Also mudlet crashing didn't help  :#

"Fun" fights, @Saz. :3

List of things I've fixed!
    [spoiler]
    1. Protection scroll.
    2. Love potion.
    3. Highlights for Dprop/Aeon/masked affs.
    4. Actually bothering to shield when I need to... :/
    5. Dprop timer so I know when I'll be relatively safe to go ham again.
    [/spoiler]
    I'm sure I got a long way to go, still. It'd be helpful if I had scent, or just a way to see where he moves. Still learning all these things!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Does dproph not give a victim message for it timing out?
  • edited December 2016
    Yes:

You sigh in relief as Saz's prophesy of your death rings false.

Is what it shows then it wears off naturally.

Saz raises a trembling finger and points directly at you. A swirling miasma of black death descends from above and wraps tightly around your body, dissipating moments later without effect.

Is the dproph failure line.
  • That same line happens if they fail the dproph themselves, too (i.e. sling othala without any prerequisite afflictions)

• https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/ba3J-U13

What is this and why does it exist?
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited December 2016
    My guess is that it's the wonderbelt ability that raises shield when you're low HP, like vitality.  It exists for this situation exactly!
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    That looks like the artifact that deals damage back to targets who hit your shield.

It's awful and still needs a buff.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Oh, no, I meant the shield raising from wonderbelt 15.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Arix said:

Did you chop an elder for those.
  • that'd be one spindly-ass elder
  • edited December 2016
    I (unsurprisingly) have no idea what Illuminati does. Criticism welcome.

I know I shouldn't get transfixed, forgot to put blindness back when I got more herbs. My illusion set was wrong too, should have hindered a lot more than I did. 
  • SazSaz
    edited December 2016
    Edit: That was a mispost of an age old draft, I'd appreciate if someone deleted this.
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/amt3Duk9

Really just the perfect pvp experience. Lusternia is loads of fun to play.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Here's my POV. If I had to give it a title, it'd be: 

"How I lost my %85 hp(6800) in one writhe balance(4.5 secs)?"

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/IudgMwvh
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • edited January 2017
    Monks are definitely fine, and the only reason people get such high damage is because they're really good at their class.
    [spoiler] Also have 100% unbiased people as their envoys. [/spoiler]
This discussion has been closed.