2016 Christmas Giveaway

KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
edited December 2016 in The Real World
Well, it's that time of the year again and I have some more games and utilities that need computers to be installed in, so it's time for another giveaway!  Anyone can enter, admin or player, as long as you have posted here or been active in Lusternia prior to December 1st 2016.  You must also have made a minimum of FIVE posts here (I reserve the right to disqualify any entries that have obviously spammed the forum to reach this threshold)

I have ONE copy of the following that I am going to GIVE AWAY to four different individuals:

Psychonauts (Requires Steam)
Five Nights at Freddy's 3 (Requires Steam)
Retro/Grade (Requires Steam)
EVE Online 30 day trial code + 4 ship skins
(prize to be announced)
RPG Maker XP
Clickteam Fusion 2.5 Mac Editor (Requires WINE on MacOS)

Why am I doing this, you may be asking yourself?  BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE IT.   It's Christmas.

Now, how to enter:
What is your fondest memory in Lusternia to date?  It must be an RP-related event that happened in-character (So it can't really be something like 'The day I was selected to become an ephemeral', for example.)
All are welcome to enter, whether it be admin or player alike.  

Entries close on Friday December 23rd at 11.59pm PACIFIC TIME and winners will be announced on CHRISTMAS DAY New Zealand time.

Disclaimer: ONE entry (one 'memory) per person/account. Games are given as-is, some will be distributed as STEAM codes, by participating you imply that you have already installed or have no problem with installing steam on your computer and that your computer is capable of running the game/software that is claimed. RPG Maker XP requires a 32-bit Windows OS and will NOT operate on a 64-bit OS.  Clickteam Fusion 2.5 Mac Editor requires the ability to run WINE on a MacOS system.  My decision on winners is FINAL, no correspondence will be entered into, prizes are non-returnable once claimed (though winners can obviously swap codes among themselves or gift it to another person as they please) One entry per person, attempted entry using multiple accounts will result in disqualification.  The right to alter the conditions of entry is reserved in its entirety by myself without notice.  Entrants must have made a minimum of FIVE POSTS on the forums PRIOR TO December 1st, 2016.
Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

Comments

• One question, if you please. I don't see it stated explicitly in the post, so... You want us to spam the thread, or send it to you in a PM? Asking for a friend. o:)
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    A summary of the memory in here.  If I request a log, it can be PM'd or stuck in the Event Scrolls section if you want everyone to see it.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2016
    In the first skin rot event, Daraius quarantined himself in the family manse and only spoke with other non-infected family members. During that period he was also stressing over the rumor (delivered by Phoebus) that Governor Sylandra was "rather quite fond" of him. So for months he had a revolving set of guests (Nihmriel, Khydan, Llesvelt) to discuss the troubling ramifications of these rumors and long periods of time alone to dwell on them, resulting in his developing his own idiosyncratic concept of love and the resolve to propose to Sylandra when it was all over. <3
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited December 2016
    Nothing to see here.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    If I wanted to submit multiple stories/ memories for consideration that span multiple characters but only want to be entered to win the prize once, would that be allowed?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    edited December 2016
    Tremula said:
    If I wanted to submit multiple stories/ memories for consideration that span multiple characters but only want to be entered to win the prize once, would that be allowed?
    Sorry, but in the interests of keeping it a fair and level playing field, only one entry full stop.  Wouldn't be fair on others, particularly those who are newer to Lusternia, or seem to have poor luck with making it to events.

Dylara said:
    The day Shikari brought Ingwe to his realm, and had us take care of/entertain the energetic baby.

Needs a little more detail, @Dylara.  Perhaps you can elaborate a little on the event?  @Daraius's post is actually a good guideline - has a bit of detail as to what happened (and what he did) without going too overboard on details.

• Kagato said:
    Tremula said:
    Sorry, but in the interests of keeping it a fair and level playing field, only one entry full stop.  Wouldn't be fair on others, particularly those who are newer to Lusternia, or seem to have poor luck with making it to events.

Dylara said:
    The day Shikari brought Ingwe to his realm, and had us take care of/entertain the energetic baby.

Needs a little more detail, @Dylara.  Perhaps you can elaborate a little on the event?  @Daraius's post is actually a good guideline - has a bit of detail as to what happened (and what he did) without going too overboard on details.
    Actually, I think I'll pull out. I enjoyed the memory but my memory is pretty foggy. :)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    In the first skin rot event, Daraius quarantined himself in the family manse and only spoke with other non-infected family members. During that period he was also stressing over the rumor (delivered by Phoebus) that Governor Sylandra was "rather quite fond" of him. So for months he had a revolving set of guests (Nihmriel, Khydan, Llesvelt) to discuss the troubling ramifications of these rumors and long periods of time alone to dwell on them, resulting in his developing his own idiosyncratic concept of love and the resolve to propose to Sylandra when it was all over. <3
    That was the most fun era of playing Sylandra of all time. All the awkward and adorable tea-sipping and letter writing. Best e-courtship was best. <3
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited December 2016
    Early Gaudiguch was amazing. We had an actual shadowy cabal. Behind the facetious party inherent in the history, enough of us were sinister enough to be called "tyrant", and the actual face of the tyranny was far from the actual source.

Especially raising the Illuminati! We all came from different backgrounds, and it showed. Special snowflake RP was everywhere, but we were able to incorporate all of it into a new cult of old traditions. Even if some of our beliefs weren't canon, that was perfectly okay because Paradigms. Magic happened.

A lot of people definitely didn't like it; this is simultaneously my biggest regret and fondest memory. Issues seem to abound when people don't get their way. But it was a literal cabal of people strong enough to propagate our own interests even in the face of (sometimes fierce) opposition that made people not get their way.

I've not seen its like before or after.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Well, it's time to announce the winners.  A little disappointed that only a few people entered, but gotta work with what I'm given.

Anywho, the placings are:

1. @Daraius
    2. @Riluna
    3. @Sylandra
    4. @Dylara  (Even if you withdrew your entry, you at least attempted to participate, so I'm givin' ya something anyway.

Please PM me, each of you, with a list of 'preferred' prize priorities from 1-4.  If someone with a higher placing has not already put your top priority as theirs, you will get it. If they also put it as one of their higher priority ones, naturally you will get a lower priority prize.