Best of the Best 2016

Merry Solstice everyone!

With jolliness in mind, we'd like to ask for your favourite Lusternia things that happened or were released in 2016. Think about the events, the mini interactions you participated in, the areas, quests, skill updates, quality of life additions. Anything and everything that you really enjoyed this year and explain why. We want to know! 

But as this is not Festivus and this is not the Airing of Grievances, please don't include rants and complaints, there's plenty of that in tweets and this is not the purpose of this thread. We want to know what you want more of!

My favourites:
  • xterm colours for prog
  • weather hooks for prog
  • update to CLANS that shows what cartel they are
  • MSGS CONVERSATION, which is not new but I think I'd die without it
  • Dwarf Wrestling (in Lusternia, admin troll YOU)

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    This was a pretty good year for quests. Reasonable lengths, mostly free of non sequitur steps, anti-quest blocking mechanics, decent variety.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Portius said:
    This was a pretty good year for quests. Reasonable lengths, mostly free of non sequitur steps, anti-quest blocking mechanics, decent variety.
    Any quests you want to name in particular?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Highwater is almost perfect. I had more trouble than normal with the hidden noun finding, because either I'm blind or some of the nouns don't show up in the room descriptions, but I have no other complaints. The diary pages are a good way to do narrative in a quest, the mechanics are mostly clear, but there's still some amount of figuring things out.

Pheeif-Zluush is good as bashy quests go. I prefer a quest with more puzzle/plot and less bashing, but this one didn't involve grinding through huge mob clogs. Hunting the handful of lonomids (is that the right name? Something like that) in a huge area was the biggest downside. It is the best bashing-focused quest I've done. I liked the dialogue in it, too.

The blasted kids are good intro quests. They also get bonus points for having admin who laboriously worked through all the bugs as I tried to do them, which was pretty great. Simple enough that I'd feel pretty good about telling newish people to try the orphanage side as a starter quest. Maybe not the Feyranti side, since it involves getting enemied. Mostly, I like it because it has an "evil" side that makes sense. It isn't cruelty for its own sake or the amoral research trope. There is a coherent and reasonable motive that doesn't rely on nebulous corruption or madness. That is a good thing.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Gaudiguch rising up from the ashes like the beautiful phoenix it is and my being able to watch from the inside.

Being able to RP with Ena again has been a real treat and I really can't thank you all enough for being the amazing collective of compassionate, intriguing, and somewhat protective/reasonable people that you are. @Gaudiguch +the 2%
  • I moved to Lusternia near the summer and there have been a number of people in game and out game that have been very welcoming and a pleasure to chat to about a variety of subjects.
  • edited December 2016
    I came back early in the year of 2016, since then I've gotten to play with some wonderful people, both new friends and old within Glomdoring and a couple people in Gaudiguch and Magnagora. Being able to participate in events has been pretty wonderful too, which is something my old work schedule the last time I played never allowed.  Hoping the next year is wonderful for Lusternia and a big thanks to the administration that make it possible.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Now if only all the speech listening doodads like hunting bonds and ribbachi could hear says embedded in emotes... or just see emotes in general!
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Yeah I want to fulfill my voyeur fantasies through my slimy blind frog
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Apart of most what has been said here already, I'd say I enjoyed the few events I've able to catch a lot. Also, the last one, even though I thought Maylea was coming back ( she's being missed :( ), it still was a fun event thingie and Serenwilde shows me in days like that why I moved there <3
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • @Falmiis , full  stop
  • edited January 2017
    The Strongleaf return has to be one of them, the event, the unexpected gift of the darkseed poem. Getting Wisdom involved, meeting Calarin even briefly, it was all great.

Oh, and the bell at the moonfalls. Sadly I missed the event, it's so good to have the shortcut.

ooh and the Visions from the xmas bells. Especially seeing Toledil in them and seeing Lossel as a name I don't recognise, yay more ancestor stuff ^_^

Basically just a lot of love for @Lisaera @Hoaracle and @Maylea
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Some favourites in no particular order:

-Coloured says in emotes!
    -XTerm colours!
    -3rd stage of domoths disappearing
    -The massive rollout of envoy reports and bug fixes and lag fixes ( @Iosai you are amazing)
    - As contentious as it is, the removal of manse comm mines and the change to goop

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Hoaracle said:

2.) The slow-burn Tokota/Adushoc storyline. I hope that I can finish it up early in the new year!

So help me if I'm not there for it's conclusion! I <3 those two hardcore.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I wish I could be. :(
    True, the whole thing is all your fault :smiley: . You wanted to see what would happen if we  had them meet and compare how they study the stars.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• I was dedicated to bringing Adushoc to life and learning about her, I am really grateful that you continued with it. It is something I am very proud of!
    She's a great character! Ev still can't tell if she likes him or not. He's not very good at reading lucidian color changes.