Lusternia Year in Review: 2016

My Year in Review for 2016 is up! This also includes what to expect in 2017 so let me know what you think! And, if you like what you read, please consider voting for us! We're almost in the Top Ten!

Comments

• Am excite for 2017 :D
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited January 2017
    I'm thinking the 6th class -is- going to be Hallifax/Gaudiguch's monk guilds at this point.

EDIT: Like we're going to get the new one instead of monks. In case that wasn't clear <<

• Pretty excited for what 2017 might bring!
  • edited January 2017
    Shuyin said:
    So can Hallifax/Gaudiguch monks come in during/after the monk overhaul, would be great before the 6th archetype!

I really enjoyed the look into future plans though, nice.
    I thought this was the plan? like once the combat overhaul was started, they were going to be released when monks were done.

That said, omg sixth archetype, I've been waiting for it ever since @Estarra mentioned it in that one youtube video >_>
    Now to comb over the various areas and theorise about what it could be. Though sadly I can't think of an area which features dae'Seren, Grid Lords, Chosen, etc :'(
  • Monk overhaul is great. And more skills! Hopefully there won't be too long of a wait for all these projects.

As a possible related question for @Estarra - does 2017 also include finishing of the Defense Overhaul after(or during?) monks and factions ?

• Ooh, how exciting! Totally looking forward for whats to come!!

Though, I thought there was already 7 archetypes.... Guardian, Mage, Wiccan, Monk, Bard, Warrior and Druid? Or do we class Guardian/Wicca as one and Mage/Druid as one?
  • edited January 2017
    Auriella said:
    Ooh, how exciting! Totally looking forward for whats to come!!

Though, I thought there was already 7 archetypes.... Guardian, Mage, Wiccan, Monk, Bard, Warrior and Druid? Or do we class Guardian/Wicca as one and Mage/Druid as one?
    That or it's just cause it's the sixth archetype for each org, both work really.
  • Auriella said:
    Ooh, how exciting! Totally looking forward for whats to come!!

We usually club mage/druid guardian/Wiccan into the same archetype when everyone chit chats.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    All I'm saying is that Maeve never got possessed by the sun when she was branded.

This has been a wonderful year full of twists and turns I never saw coming. The thought of a sixth archetype is exciting, but I would rather all six orgs have access to the original five, unless you plan on making the sixth exclusive to Hallifax and Gaudiguch.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • She was also never possessed until the cosmic planes kept messing with her? :P
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Excited for the website revamping, myself! Aesthetically, the IRE sites are beautiful, but modern UX-wise, they could definitely use a facelift :)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Really excited for the monk revamp, as the current state of the class is my least favorite thing since I started playing. You guys are awesome though. I'm sure its gonna be a great year! 
  • edited January 2017
    Great article @Estarra ; thank you :)

I'm confused about the nature of the Alchemy overhaul that was mentioned in passing. Is it a change to the output (i.e., different brews), to the system (please say yes?) whereby a bunch of items are spammed into an alembic and then you try to remember if you should type BROMIDE or BROMIDES, or a fundamental change to where Alchemy sits in the game (Bard/Nature)?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I was thinking more about the sixth archetype tonight, shitposting as I do on a Saturday, and realised that we've seen an awful lot of bowyers, and the most range attack we have in the game is line of sight staves, darts, and zaps. Maybe we'll get rangers? :D
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    I was thinking more about the sixth archetype tonight, shitposting as I do on a Saturday, and realised that we've seen an awful lot of bowyers, and the most range attack we have in the game is line of sight staves, darts, and zaps. Maybe we'll get rangers? :D
    I'd hope if a ranger class was implemented it'd include guns for hallifax, though I thought they were like centaurs and idea that was ruled out?

Aside from nexus focused people...

The Meliashmora could link to some form of relic users. The great and terrible objects that need to be locked away lest someone use them for the wrong purposes, I believe the Chancel also has something like this? Might not be limited to vernal relics, Serenwilde have fae/ancestor/etc relics, Celest similarly might have things linked to their Saints and the like, Hallifax might have various technologies or powerful relics plugged in to something.

Sadly I don't think it'd be the long ago proposed Ae skill, but I really hope that it's one of the other skills that might be implemented this year
  • edited January 2017
    My MKO character was born, lived, and died waiting for rangers to be released - and they were in the fricking intro. By the love you say you bear me, do NOT say these words to me unless they are true, Bro.