Org Movement

This started out as a two-point Rave, but as I think about it, I think it deserves slightly more than a couple of lines, and as it has the potential for quite a few responses I didn't want to derail. Do me a favour here, folks, and don't try to read between the lines. Nothing I write here is a dig at anybody - I say that hand on heart.

1) I'm seeing a lot of people going to Mag, and I love that. Now people might move orgs for any number of reasons, but they generally group into two camps: Pushes (why people left their old org) and Pulls (why they are coming to yours, specifically). I don't give a rat's ass what the Pushes are, and don't want to spend any time in this thread discussing them. But Mag is obviously doing something really well that attracts people to their org(s?). Maybe it's that the other cool kids are there? Maybe it's that your pantheon is particularly active at the moment? Or that your Orders kick ass? Perhaps you are just active at the correct time. Or are your skillsets just lolimbal? I don't know, but people are voting with their feet, and that credit to you for that, Mag.

Whatever it is that you are doing, please take a moment to reflect on it, and keep doing it.

2) In Lusternia, moreso than any other IRE I've played, it appears to be relatively easy to change orgs. And I love that. MKO had a lot of great things going for it. The ease with which you could change orgs was not one of them. Achaea seemed to be more open to taking in former enemies, but boy did I hear many a conversation on GTS saying that "Person X has joined and they are not to be favoured under any circumstances". Now, in the year I've been playing Lusty, I've not heard of one person reaching out to another org and getting a flat No. "Pay reparition for being a dick" and "Sure, but you'll be shovelling shit the first year you're with us, you Lady killing sonofabitch" are things I've heard, and that's good in an RP world. But I've yet to hear of somebody who has tried to change orgs in good faith and been straight up refused under any circumstances. Hell, I've seen transitions that I would have assumed were impossible (Serenwilde to Mag. Whoa, look! It's Mag again!) work out really well, and again that's to the credit of Lusternia and Lusternians. Moreso than in other IREs, on this particular point, it seems as if the playerbase gets that there is a time to suspend disbelief, and no matter that the character may have been a burning-eyed zealot for Group X just twelve months ago, the player should be allowed, within broad strokes of reason, be allowed to mix things up when the mood finally settles in.

Change is good (All glory to Wyrd, aye, yes!). This playerbase seems to get that more than most. Keep doing it.

Comments

• There are probably a number of cases of org movement that would get shot down, with a flat 'no', though.

• RP wise Mag has a kind of utilitarian thing going for it thats pretty deep seated within their history and roleplay. The ends justify the means. Use any tool to get the job done that gives them a pretty good way of just going -shrug- "This person works for us now, no worries lets crack on with tainting the world."

Other orgs could do something similar, I mean some would have to work at it a bit but well I could easily see Celest pulling the "born again Christian" type thing with someone who was the most evil person in the world but is now super reformed and amazing because they found the light! Etc etc I guess every org could if they wanted to but well Mags got it in place already.

• Lerad said:
    There are probably a number of cases of org movement that would get shot down, with a flat 'no', though.
    I totally don't doubt it. I guess what I'm saying is that if I ranked my experience of IRE's (and, granted, I'm only talking about three of them) on the continuum to whether - all things being equal - you were going to be able to org move without donating organs, Lusty would be on the easier side of the spectrum.
  • Hmm. Mechanics-wise, though, I'd argue that Lusternia is behind Achaea, due to the fact that classess are unique per organization. For example, you'd have to eat some form of lesson loss going from Pyromancers to Geomancers, despite both being the same Mage class. On Achaea, I can roll a Magi in one org and move him to another without forgetting any skills.

This, of course, doesn't apply to "factional classes" (priests and paladins for Good, apostates and infernals for Evil, occultists for Chaos, and druid sylvan sentinel for Nature).

I think only Tracking-specced Warriors are the only Lusternian class that can move freely without eating a loss?
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I can assure you there's at least two orgs I know that would wait for hell to freeze over before Karlach could join them.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Generally you have to REALLY try for an org to full on shut you out. I've only seen it happen once or twice, and it's always about the individual's personality more than past deeds. As an example, Rolsand leaving when and how he did royally ticked off more or less all of the political figures in Hallifax, but when the idea was broached of whether he could return if he wanted to, the consensus was that he could, but he'd need to jump through hoops to do it. Likewise for several other people, and we have a project full of special cases and the kind of hoops they'd need to jump through to be admitted.
  • Hmm. Mechanics-wise, though, I'd argue that Lusternia is behind Achaea, due to the fact that classess are unique per organization. For example, you'd have to eat some form of lesson loss going from Pyromancers to Geomancers, despite both being the same Mage class. On Achaea, I can roll a Magi in one org and move him to another without forgetting any skills.

This, of course, doesn't apply to "factional classes" (priests and paladins for Good, apostates and infernals for Evil, occultists for Chaos, and druid sylvan sentinel for Nature).

I think only Tracking-specced Warriors are the only Lusternian class that can move freely without eating a loss?

Your technically right with this but kinda wrong as well. Lusty has skills locked behind nexi power for almost every class so yea its one of the more costly games mechanics wise to switch, in that way in a technical sense, as you cant just up and be a monk in a different org without losing skills. Where as aetolia/achaea etc its fine to be a monk anywhere. Only a very small number of classes need access to something locked to an org like lumys.

But it doesn't really matter too much compared to other games because well if your changing from magic/non magic/death/life to the other side your losing 50% of your skills. So like you go from necromacny to devotion thats a loss of 50% of all your class skills. Over here you can go from an aquamanacer to geomancer, keep your two tert skills and only lose 80% of your primary skill set most likely. So its actually way way cheaper to switch orgs here for most class changes than it other games.
  • EDIT: Actually thats a thought that could be a reason why people find switching org easier here.

Its actually cheaper to switch from guardian in one org to guardian in an other org than it is to switch from guardian to another class within the same org now I think of it like that.

So if you want to try a bit of a different class its cheaper to switch org than to remain in the org.
  • edited January 2017
    She's making Magnagora great again. Just from what I've seen in the past week or so, the environment has improved in Magnagora IMMENSELY versus when I last poked around there...a yearish ago There are older people in the org I know I'd enjoy interacting with, Sthai, Shaddus and Avurekhos for example.
    The playa you love to hate